Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-18-2020, 01:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's possible to make a conference title game with a crappy QB.  It's not likely, but it's possible.

On the flip side of the coin, the Patriots couldn't even make the playoffs with Matt Cassel as QB.  Guess you think they're poorly run, too?

No im just pointing out that QBs seem to have a harder time here than many other places.  Thats the crux of this whole thread, isn't it?

Sadly I feel like Mike Brown is also waiting around twiddling his thumbs waiting for a good enough roster to come to him.  Oh if only he could assemble a roster that could win but he can't because.....um.....that's not the Mike Brien way I guess. 

Save us Burrow.  30 years of futility rest upon your shoulders!  im picturing Mike Brown singing someday my prince will come while the rest of the front office goes skiing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are a top 5 franchise in popularity. The Ravens have the excitement of Lamar Jackson The Browns are lovable losers. The media is panicking because we have a game changer at QB that fell in our lap. They know they have 2 months to push this narrative then its all over. If they do convince him to pull an Eli I'm done with the NFL. At least it will save me 1000 dollars a year
Reply/Quote
The only quote I needed to hear was from his dad when he said that they had no problem going to Cincinnati and that he has no idea where the info is coming from.

To me, end of story. If we take him we take him.
Reply/Quote
Soly has attacked..

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/02/06/solomon-wilcots-joe-burrow-bengals-culture-sucked-life-palmer/4683033002/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/18/solomon-wilcots-echoes-carson-palmers-concerns-about-the-bengals/

If Burrow felt good about being drafted by the Bengals at one point, they have really rained on his parade.

Won't no prior Bengals say anything nice?! This isn't going to end well guys. Too much smoke. And too many people are reaching out to "save" Burrow from the Bengals.

The real question is no matter how great we feel Burrow is, do we really want to draft a QB who surely by the time the draft comes around will be soured by the idea of playing for the Bengals after all the media and former players get ahold of him? I was hyped about drafting Burrow, but how can he come in positive after months of getting beat down by the idea of playing for the Bengals? I'm not sure he can as this would weigh on anyone.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Soly has attacked..

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/02/06/solomon-wilcots-joe-burrow-bengals-culture-sucked-life-palmer/4683033002/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/18/solomon-wilcots-echoes-carson-palmers-concerns-about-the-bengals/

If Burrow felt good about being drafted by the Bengals at one point, they have really rained on his parade.

Won't no prior Bengals say anything nice! This isn't going to end well guys. Too much smoke. And too many people are reaching out to Burrow.

That’s old news.

Reply/Quote
PFT has now put out articles with former Bengal Solomon Wilcots and former #1 overall pick Steve Bartkowski screaming "DANGER WILL ROBINSON" at the Burrows.

It's as if the PFT folks have an agenda.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-no-1-overall-pick-023005908.html

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/solomon-wilcots-echoes-carson-palmer-164106093.html
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
We are going to draft Burrow and if he doesn't like it then we are just going to consider him a wimpy cancer diva like all the others. Sack up and smile, kid.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: PFT has now put out articles with former Bengal Solomon Wilcots and former #1 overall pick Steve Bartkowski screaming "DANGER WILL ROBINSON" at the Burrows.

It's as if the PFT folks have an agenda.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-no-1-overall-pick-023005908.html

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/solomon-wilcots-echoes-carson-palmer-164106093.html

I'm pretty sure Joe "im from Ohio but chose to not be a Bengals fan" Burrow knows all this by now. 

If he doesn't like being here it's not the media's fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s old news.

Sure is. Not sure why it's being posted everywhere now Twitter/PFT/Yahoo as if it's new. They are really desperate.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Burrow will be the pick. If he is willing to sit out an entire season to reenter draft next year thats a different story. These people bashing Bengals are they prepared to give him 2 million dollars plus he will lose out on by sitting out the year? Didn't think so. You back Mike Brown into a corner he will draft him out of spite.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure Joe "im from Ohio but chose to not be a Bengals fan" Burrow knows all this by now. 

If he doesn't like being here it's not the media's fault.

So you subscribe to the theory that owners of poorly managed and run franchises can ooze their suckiness to the field or pass it on via osmosis, snatching critical losses from the jaws of defeat time and time again, yet you refuse to believe that a barrage of negative media blitz can affect the way a 23 year old processes a situation? 

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: So you subscribe to the theory that owners of poorly managed and run franchises can ooze their suckiness to the field or pass it on via osmosis, snatching critical losses from the jaws of defeat time and time again, yet you refuse to believe that a barrage of negative media blitz can affect the way a 23 year old processes a situation? 

If the negative press is true it's on Mike Brown.

It's not Google's fault when Burrow looks up the Bengals a bunch of bummer facts pop up.

I like that oozing suckiness part though.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If the negative press is true it's on Mike Brown.

It's not Google's fault when Burrow looks up the Bengals a bunch of bummer facts pop up.

I despise Mike Brown as much as anyone, I'm normally perceived as a negative nelly here and I don't wholly disagree with many of your sentiments in this thread, but you're even grating on my nerves. 

There is nothing keeping you here. If you've finally given up, no one could blame you. I know I've come awfully close on occasion. 

And there does seem to be some sort of curse or apparition dooming this franchise, beyond that of which even Mikey is capable.

But we do have something to be a little excited about here and although Burrow may not be the all-curing tonic for the gigantic tumor of ass that is Mike Brown's general state of being, I see little value in taking so much time and effort to completely shit on everyone who expresses even the slightest bit of hope. 

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:30 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I despise Mike Brown as much as anyone, I'm normally perceived as a negative nelly here and I don't wholly disagree with many of your sentiments in this thread, but you're even grating on my nerves. 

There is nothing keeping you here. If you've finally given up, no one could blame you. I know I've come awfully close on occasion. 

And there does seem to be some sort of curse or apparition dooming this franchise, beyond that of which even Mikey is capable.

But we do have something to be a little excited about here and although Burrow may not be the all-curing tonic for the gigantic tumor of ass that is Mike Brown's general state of being, I see little value in taking so much time and effort to completely shit on everyone who expresses even the slightest bit of hope. 

I've not given up, im just ready to defend Burrow as I did Palmer and Dalton if need be.  I've seen this fan base turn on practically everyone.  I wouldn't bet my life Burrow doesn't get booed eventually.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've not given up, im just ready to defend Burrow as I did Palmer and Dalton if need be.  I've seen this fan base turn on practically everyone.  I wouldn't bet my life Burrow doesn't get booed eventually.

I sense goalposts moving, and you've thrown this dog off the scent of the dialectic. 

So be it. We're all miserable about this franchise in varying degrees. We all process grief differently. 

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:36 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I sense goalposts moving, and you've thrown this dog off the scent of the dialectic. 

So be it. We're all miserable about this franchise in varying degrees. We all process grief differently. 

I'm just trying to be the opposite of the fan who explodes with glee over a shiny new QB and then boos the he'll out of him when he can't force Mike brown to win.

I'd probably have more faith in Burrow if I were convinced Palmer and Dalton were just born losers. The guy has a tough road ahead of him and I hope he's up for it.

This isn't me knocking on Burrow or saying he csnt win here. Im just recognizing its gonna be rough unless changes happen.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:00 AM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: The talk of leverage is the first thing Joe said that worried me

That doesn’t sound good for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignore it.

"I'd like to play football," Burrow said at a news conference. "So whoever takes me -- I'm a ballplayer, I'm gonna play."
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just trying to be the opposite of the fan who explodes with glee over a shiny new QB and then boos the he'll out of him when he can't force Mike brown to win.

I'd probably have more faith in Burrow if I were convinced Palmer and Dalton were just born losers. 

Well palmer had the same issues pretty much with every NFL team he played for.

Dalton did well enough when we had someone who knew how to play call...

The team has failed recently to retool lost talent.       Some of that is bad luck.    

Id be less concerned about burrows chances of success if I had any faith in the current coaching staff....  they haven't earned that yet. (this is where we had the least amount of talent last year... Even less than the OL)
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: The real question is no matter how great we feel Burrow is, do we really want to draft a QB who surely by the time the draft comes around will be soured by the idea of playing for the Bengals after all the media and former players get ahold of him? I was hyped about drafting Burrow, but how can he come in positive after months of getting beat down by the idea of playing for the Bengals? I'm not sure he can as this would weigh on anyone.

You can't be serious.  Burrow doesn't give a shit about the media.  I sure he was roasted pretty well by the media when he bailed on Ohio State

(02-18-2020, 02:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: you refuse to believe that a barrage of negative media blitz can affect the way a 23 year old processes a situation? 

Obviously Burrow would rather go to the Patriots than the Bengals, but what difference does it make.  He knows how it works.  The worst team gets the best player.  Every year the best player would have probably rather gone to a different team, but it doesn't matter.  The Bengals are not near bad enough to force Burrow to threaten to sit out a year.

We will draft him, and he will play here.  And he will do his best to be the best player possible.  Doesn't matter what the media says.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No im just pointing out that QBs seem to have a harder time here than many other places.  Thats the crux of this whole thread, isn't it?

Sadly I feel like Mike Brown is also waiting around twiddling his thumbs waiting for a good enough roster to come to him.  Oh if only he could assemble a roster that could win but he can't because.....um.....that's not the Mike Brien way I guess. 

Save us Burrow.  30 years of futility rest upon your shoulders!  im picturing Mike Brown singing someday my prince will come while the rest of the front office goes skiing.

How so?  The narrative for years has been that Dalton is a mediocre QB being propped up by his supporting cast.

That's why it's a bad narrative.  The national media has gone from "The Bengals didn't do enough to surround Carson with talent" to "The Bengals have too much talent to be underachieving because of Andy" and back again.
Reply/Quote