Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
Someone from his camp is saying something to someone about Burrow not wanting to be a Bengal. The question is who and are they significant enough in the process. It doesn't seem to be coming from the family so it's probably an agent that has worked with Mike Brown before.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I dont really care for Burrows attitude/confidence/cockiness..it kind of reminds me of Mayfield.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 07:17 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I dont really care for Burrows attitude/confidence/cockiness..it kind of reminds me of Mayfield.

I think he will be really good, but he does have the kind of attitude that can go really sour if we don't get a lot of winning done.  I'll also say that in the nature of glorious fandom if he doesn't end up here we're going to immediately say we dodged the next Johnny Manziel.

People who hope he comes here and starts screaming at people and kicks Mike Brown's door down and demands changes are just asking for trouble, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be upset if we took picks and drafted Tua. I would be fine with that. I think Tua's arm talent is better than Burrow...stats aside..Tua is a better thrower athletically. I think Burrow is better at reading defenses and coverages though. They both have positives and they both have negatives. Peyton Manning threw ducks all the time but he was smart.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 07:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Because he's the consensus #1 pick and no way if he says this do the Bengals trade the pick. That's why this story continues.

And Kingsbury told everyone at the Seniorbowl last year (per reports) that Murray was the pick.

Everything I’m seeing shows the Cardinals not really tipping their hand. The GM even said he hadn’t started looking at Murray until late March and Kingsbury said he didn’t have the pull in the organization to demand they take Murray.

According to reports Burrow and his family are fine with him going to Cincinnati, but here we are.
Reply/Quote
The draft is boring because you pretty much know exactly what will happen. No drama, no story. They need people tuning in for something.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 07:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Burrow says "I'd LOVE to play for the Bengals!" and he ends up on another team their fanbase is going to explode with glee because they will say they just snagged a top talent QB who was happy to play for the "crappy Bengals" and will therefore super love playing for their team (which is super awesome, because it's their team) and also Burrow will be super pissed off the idiot Bengals passed on him and he will play even harder to shove that Lombardi up Mike Brown's wrinkly ol' arse!"

I just can't see a scenario where people hold Burrow expressing enthusiasm about the Bengals against him, especially if he says he wants to be here and the Bengals blow it against all odds and all logic.

I doubt fan bases would hold it against him, and probably not front offices either. I’m sure he’d hear about it though.

Not to mention he has 32 job interviews coming up next week. Do you really want to have to answer the question, “so I see you said you want to play for the Bengals. Why do you want to play there instead of here” questions at every single one?

If he is still super cagey on all of this after the combine I’ll understand people looking into it a lot more. If the Bengals come right out and say, “we’re taking Burrow” and he is still super cagey about stuff I’ll understand that too. Like I said earlier though he really only has things to lose in this whole situation. We as fans could gain a lot if he were to say it, but he really doesn’t gain anything.

Who knows, maybe there is some dirt somewhere, and in his mind it’s better to have news outlets focused on the will be pull an Eli narrative as opposed to digging for something more harmful to his draft stock. The way the media works nowadays it’s hard to tell where the strings might be getting pulled from.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 12:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Looks like someone failed biology in school.  Ninja

When it comes to Burrow,  only he can get it done.  Joe
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
When Mel Kiper talks sense, you know you're in the Upside Down.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Chad's taking Burrow out to dinner before the draft. Everybody who's worried can settle down now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 07:17 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I dont really care for Burrows attitude/confidence/cockiness..it kind of reminds me of Mayfield.

Remember when Burrow grabbed his crotch toward the Alabama bench, and planted the LSU flag on the Texas Longhorn?

Neither do I...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 10:45 PM)jason Wrote: Chad's taking Burrow out to dinner before the draft. Everybody who's worried can settle down now.
Link?
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 10:45 PM)jason Wrote: Chad's taking Burrow out to dinner before the draft. Everybody who's worried can settle down now.

Will the Bengal Chad show up or the Patriot Chad show up?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 12:35 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Will the Bengal Chad show up or the Patriot Chad show up?  Ninja

WhoDey2 Chad was so humbled by BB and TB12 that I doubt if he even remembers playing for the Patriots... Cool
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Tomorrow morning’s PFT headline. “Miami Resident Chad Johnson Taking Burrow to Dinner Before the Draft.” Article will discuss how much Chad loves Miami and will insinuate that’s what he will tell Burrow. Will then rehash quotes from the weekend, Carson Palmer quotes, and point out that Burrow has not said that it has literally been his lifelong dream to one day be picked by the Bengals with the number one pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 01:57 AM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: Tomorrow morning’s PFT headline. “Miami Resident Chad Johnson Taking Burrow to Dinner Before the Draft.” Article will discuss how much Chad loves Miami and will insinuate that’s what he will tell Burrow. Will then rehash quotes from the weekend, Carson Palmer quotes, and point out that Burrow has not said that it has literally been his lifelong dream to one day be picked by the Bengals with the number one pick.

Wilcots sort of called PFT out earlier tonight.

Reply/Quote
The Bartkowski interview with PFT is front page news on Yahoo this morning.

Say what you will, but the media is taking this a bit too far.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 10:48 PM)jason Wrote: Remember when Burrow grabbed his crotch toward the Alabama bench, and planted the LSU flag on the Texas Longhorn?

Neither do I...

Yep

Burrow's confidence and Hayfield's cockiness are two totally different things. 180 degrees
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 07:25 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I wouldn't be upset if we took picks and drafted Tua. I would be fine with that. I think Tua's arm talent is better than Burrow...stats aside..Tua is a better thrower athletically. I think Burrow is better at reading defenses and coverages though. They both have positives and they both have negatives. Peyton Manning threw ducks all the time but he was smart.

Tua will never be the same guy after that hip injury.
Reply/Quote