Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-19-2020, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Tua will never be the same guy after that hip injury.

Possibly, but the Dolphins already whiffed when they declared Drew Brees to be done after he left the Chargers and they passed on signing him.

They may be afraid to miss out because of that. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 07:25 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I wouldn't be upset if we took picks and drafted Tua. I would be fine with that. I think Tua's arm talent is better than Burrow...stats aside..Tua is a better thrower athletically. I think Burrow is better at reading defenses and coverages though. They both have positives and they both have negatives. Peyton Manning threw ducks all the time but he was smart.

Really?

You then bring up Peyton; sorry, but did Peyton not have umpteenth amounts of success, even with a shitty oline (the last 4 years with the Colts) and won 2 SBs, with a, "duck," arm?

But those stud, "great-armed," QBs in Kyle Boller, Jamarcus Russell and, hell, Carsone, won so much with their cannons, right?

C'mon man.

(02-19-2020, 12:23 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Link?

And I repeat, really?

1 browse of Twitter will see where he wrote that he's taking him out; that's pretty much the only place Chad makes the news, nowadays.

(02-19-2020, 02:10 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Wilcots sort of called PFT out earlier tonight.

Funny how the idiots at PFT have been called out 3 times now, by people who were misquoted and twice they haven't defended themselves or tried to retract something.

Think they realize that they are becoming irrelevant in this specific process, more and more, thus they are grasping at anything.

Mike Florio's botoxed-face deserves a few good shots.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 10:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mike Florio's botoxed-face deserves a few good shots.

[Image: 4e52b80707f8f891e1cd17695cd916a4.jpg]

lmao
Reply/Quote
Chad to the Rescue hes going to go hang with burrow and talk up the franchise... Why isn't this dude working for us
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Chad to the Rescue hes going to go hang with burrow and talk up the franchise... Why isn't this dude working for us

Maybe he is? Ninja
Reply/Quote
BTW, here is the actual tweet:

Quote:Chad Johnson Retweeted Tim Eyles

Having dinner with Burrow prior to the draft to let him know he’s in great hands because that ***** city rocks and everybody will love you.https://twitter.com/Eyles007/status/1229909627862683654 …

Chad Johnson added,
Reply/Quote
Tua isn't an option. His agent already made that clear.

We are looking at Herbert if the pick is traded (it won't be).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Even though most of this is made up nonsense, you'd hope it would still be a wake up call to the front office about how poorly they are perceived. Won't be holding my breath though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 12:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Even though most of this is made up nonsense, you'd hope it would still be a wake up call to the front office about how poorly they are perceived.  Won't be holding my breath though.

Yeah that ship has sailed, unless Katie has thinner skin than her old man but Troy seems to be a total "I know best, so believe me and not your own eyes" attitude about him.

I think we had better just let the media bs go, because no matter what Burrow does here they're going to say "Just think how much better he wouldabeen if he were on the Steelers or Patriots!"  
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 01:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah that ship has sailed, unless Katie has thinner skin than her old man but Troy seems to be a total "I know best, so believe me and not your own eyes" attitude about him.

I think we had better just let the media bs go, because no matter what Burrow does here they're going to say "Just think how much better he wouldabeen if he were on the Steelers or Patriots!"  

Well with Troy's extensive football background I guess it is best to just accept he knows what's best.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 12:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tua isn't an option. His agent already made that clear.

We are looking at Herbert if the pick is traded (it won't be).

He also stepped back from that comment a little.

I don't think Tua is the type of guy that would pull a stunt like that.  That being said, I'm still not a Tua guy.  Just too many red flags.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 02:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I'm not sure I'd brag up the Paul Brown-era SB losses as means to defend the Bengals, but yea overall Mel makes sense here.  More sense than when he swore to retire if Jimmy Claussen wasn't awesome, hardy har!

I get Burrow keeping it quiet but he may as well just accept the Bengals are going to take him and he can go "YES! Bengals are the best and I want to be there! Hometown hero!"
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 12:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Even though most of this is made up nonsense, you'd hope it would still be a wake up call to the front office about how poorly they are perceived.  Won't be holding my breath though.

I'd be SHOCKED if Mike Brown and the rest of the front office doesn't already know how they're perceived. Remember the dude that bought a billboard in Cincy that said something like Mike Brown sucks? Or the website MikeBrownsucks.com? He knows. He just doesn't care. And I highly doubt this current news cycle is going to make any difference into MB's thought processes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 04:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'd be SHOCKED if Mike Brown and the rest of the front office doesn't already know how they're perceived. Remember the dude that bought a billboard in Cincy that said something like Mike Brown sucks? Or the website MikeBrownsucks.com? He knows. He just doesn't care. And I highly doubt this current news cycle is going to make any difference into MB's thought processes.

Mike Brown is still tingling from the excitement of getting 12th place 6 times in 7 years.  You know Lions and Browns fans would sell their souls for 6 12th place ribbons.

28 years of Mike Brown and we have seven 12th place ribbons and two phantom Lombardis we coulda won if our QBs that never win in the playoffs played.  
Reply/Quote
Something else to consider -

If this has been broached in one of the other 34,520 Burrow threads, I apologize in advance.

Imagine Joey Burps goes public tomorrow stating "I am not going to play for the Cincinnati Bengals. If they draft me, I will not report."

Does anyone here really believe that'll scare Mike away? I don't. I believe with all my heart, in places I don't talk about at parties, that Mike would draft him anyway.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:11 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Something else to consider -

If this has been broached in one of the other 34,520 Burrow threads, I apologize in advance.

Imagine Joey Burps goes public tomorrow stating "I am not going to play for the Cincinnati Bengals. If they draft me, I will not report."

Does anyone here really believe that'll scare Mike away? I don't. I believe with all my heart, in places I don't talk about at parties, that Mike would draft him anyway.

Well, the Chargers technically drafted Eli, then quickly traded his rights iirc.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, the Chargers technically drafted Eli, then quickly traded his rights iirc.

You know what I mean.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Chad to the Rescue hes going to go hang with burrow and talk up the franchise...   Why isn't this dude working for us

Because he isn't related to Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:11 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Something else to consider -

If Burrow pulls an Eli MB should draft him and keep him on the bench for 5 years and then franchise tag him each year until he retires having never played a snap in the NFL.
Reply/Quote