Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-20-2020, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Burrow pulls an Eli MB should draft him and keep him on the bench for 5 years and then franchise tag him each year until he retires having never played a snap in the NFL.

If there is an owner out there who would do it, it's White Mike.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Burrow pulls an Eli MB should draft him and keep him on the bench for 5 years and then franchise tag him each year until he retires having never played a snap in the NFL.
we only hold his rights for 1 year. He would have competition for the number 1 pick next year though. Fields and Lawrence
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we only hold his rights for 1 year. He would have competition for the number 1 pick next year though. Fields and Lawrence

Hmm, what if Mike can convince him he's going to sign a bunch of free agents and hire a real GM as soon as he signs here and THEN he goes back on it and sits him on the bench?  MWA HA HA! Or he could order ZT to go 0-16 so we get the 1st overall pick in the 2021 draft and take Burrow all over again.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote:  White Mike.

WTF
Reply/Quote
This White Mike? I wasn't aware he owned an NFL team.
[Image: Mitch_Mullany%2C_Stand-Up.png]
Anyway, He's been dead for 12 years..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Some more Burrow quotes that seem to have been overlooked...

"It's an interesting [thought], going back home to Ohio," Burrow told KTCK-AM. "It would be a lot of fun. It would."

"I'd like to play football," Burrow said at a news conference. "So whoever takes me -- I'm a ballplayer, I'm gonna play."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28726662/joe-burrow-says-bengals-no-1-draft-pick-leverage

Burrow has literally said it would be a lot of fun to come back home to Ohio and he'll play for whoever picks him. The Eli talk is just fake news.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 08:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: Some more Burrow quotes that seem to have been overlooked...

"It's an interesting [thought], going back home to Ohio," Burrow told KTCK-AM. "It would be a lot of fun. It would."

"I'd like to play football," Burrow said at a news conference. "So whoever takes me -- I'm a ballplayer, I'm gonna play."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28726662/joe-burrow-says-bengals-no-1-draft-pick-leverage

Burrow has literally said it would be a lot of fun to come back home to Ohio and he'll play for whoever picks him.  The Eli talk is just fake news.

Thanks once again for the reiteration that most of us all know.

Just happy I don't fall for all the fake news like some do.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 09:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks once again for the reiteration that most of us all know.

Just happy I don't fall for all the fake news like some do.

It's so tiresome... Someone with a trade down scenario in their mock just shed a tear.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 09:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

I think he nailed it honestly. Go out and get Joe Thuney, this will cement everything for everybody and we won't have to talk 
about any of this anymore. I like the way Burrow is handling this. It forces the FO's hand somewhat which needs to happen
terribly around here. We go out and get a player like Thuney and this shuts a lot of people up and makes Burrow happy and 
it protects him. Dude is right, we got a good nucleus of players, just need to add to the obvious weaknesses in Free Agency.

With having the #1 pick, Burrow being there and us needing a new Franchise QB I could actually see us delving into FA for 
once after having such a poor season.

(02-21-2020, 12:49 PM)Takedown Wrote: It's so tiresome... Someone with a trade down scenario in their mock just shed a tear.

Don't understand why anyone would shed a tear cause we got Burrow instead of a bunch of picks that we could very well
fail on like the Og's of the world.
Reply/Quote
Well apparently he has already signed a Bengals #9 Jersey... so now its a done deal...

/Thread
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 04:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well apparently he has already signed a Bengals #9 Jersey... so now its a done deal...

/Thread
Really?? Where'd you see that??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 06:30 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Really?? Where'd you see that??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/maxfarias27/status/1230691246810681344

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/21/joe-burrow-signing-cincinnati-bengals-jerseys/
Reply/Quote