Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Is Throwing The Ball Harder and Faster!
Burrow's arm is looking BETTER THAN EVER, and his teammates seem to be noticing!

That excites me that confidence isn't a problem and, with his teammates noticing, it will help his confidence even more, which is one of the most important things a quarterback needs!

Quote:CINCINNATI — Something was different about Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow this offseason.

It wasn’t just the brace protecting his surgically repaired left knee. Or the orange practice jerseys that are part of the uniforms for the upcoming season.

The ball looked faster coming out of his hand. Receivers struggled to haul in passes arriving quicker than expected. And one even put his gloves back on during the middle of drills.

“Hands was out there stinging a little bit,” Bengals wideout Tyler Boyd said.

That extra zip was the culmination of months of hard work for Burrow, who had dedicated the offseason to two primary goals -- rehabbing multiple torn ligaments after the knee injury ended his rookie season in November, and improving his stance and throwing motion. The latter led to an increase in velocity that will help Cincinnati unlock its deep passing game.

That's UNREAL because arm strength and release were the only two real knocks on him coming out of college and he worked hard to improve those, which did so while rehabbing his knee, which shows his determination and the characteristics that we need in a leader!

The rest of the team noticing will also help build their confidence and hopefully help them to elevate their play to match his!

Jordan Palmer has been helping to coach him and sung his praises!

Quote:“When you get a player who increases velocity, velocity is not the only byproduct,” said Jordan Palmer, a private quarterback coach who works with Burrow and several other NFL starters. “Confidence starts getting affected. Certain types of throws that they can make now start to get affected.”

I love that Burrow sought out help and that he's working so hard to improve!

Quote:When his 2020 season ended, Burrow ranked second in the NFL in completions and attempts, trailing only Tom Brady. But when it came to throws of more than 20 yards, Burrow was historically ineffective.

On attempts of 20 air yards or more, Burrow’s completion percentage was 21% -- third-worst among 33 qualified quarterbacks over the past decade, according to ESPN Stats and Information.

Stretching the field would make it IMPOSSIBLE for defenses to cover all of other weapons and also keep enough defenders in the box to stop Mixon!

Quote:There were a few reasons for the Bengals’ lack of explosive plays last season. Burrow and veteran wide receiver A.J. Green failed to build a solid rapport. Rookie Tee Higgins, a second-round pick, didn’t round into form until the middle of the season. And Cincinnati’s passing game tended to use a lot of quick throws to offset the team’s over-matched offensive line.

“It was all open to us last year. I just didn't hit the deep ones that I needed to,” Burrow said in July. “I had the arm strength last year to hit those. I just upped it this year.”

Burrow's confidence has me excited and the quicker release should help if our line isn't as good as we're all hoping!
Reply/Quote
Wow. You are so super late with this. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 04:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wow. You are so super late with this. 

Think it was just ESPN was super late with this. Article is from yesterday.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 04:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Think it was just ESPN was super late with this. Article is from yesterday.

I know but the super distinct subject matter was discussed quite a while ago. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This will lead to the latest Ja’Marr Chase excuse: “Joe threw it a lot softer at LSU and I’m trying to get used to the faster ball.”
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 03:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burrow's arm is looking BETTER THAN EVER, and his teammates seem to be noticing!

That excites me that confidence isn't a problem and, with his teammates noticing, it will help his confidence even more, which is one of the most important things a quarterback needs!

That's UNREAL because arm strength and release were the only two real knocks on him coming out of college and he worked hard to improve those, which did so while rehabbing his knee, which shows his determination and the characteristics that we need in a leader!

The rest of the team noticing will also help build their confidence and hopefully help them to elevate their play to match his!

Stretching the field would make it IMPOSSIBLE for defenses to cover all of other weapons and also keep enough defenders in the box to stop Mixon!

Burrow's confidence has me excited and the quicker release should help if our line isn't as good as we're all hoping!
To the OP on here, I also am rooting for young Joe Burrow.  I'm not sure how great of a mentor Jordan Palmer is.  This is not baseball and I have seen quarterbacks throw too hard.  I saw Terry Bradshaw in his early years and he threw too straight and hard. He learned to throw more catchable balls.  I saw Unitas against Bengals. Just watching Unitas in pregame warm up was great. Every pass right on the money hitting the receiver in stride, as if softly dropping it into his hands. I have heard Otto Graham for Paul Brown could do that.  Ken Anderson threw the ball so it was easy to catch.  Yes, sometimes a QB does have to rifle it in there, but the great quarterbacks show you don't rifle it on every pass. Hitting the receiver in stride is a thing of beauty.  So like you, I am rooting for young Joe Burrow.  He came here a pretty good quarterback, so I hope the Bengals don't completely change him.  Like all young quarterbacks, he will have to catch up to the speed of the NFL game, all rookies say the NFL is must faster than college. Being able to read NFL defenses and adjust to how fast the game is. He could also use some blocking.   Like you, I am rooting for Joe Burrow. GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 03:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burrow's arm is looking BETTER THAN EVER, and his teammates seem to be noticing!

It is nice as a refection of all the core work he has done with and beyond his rehab.  Can only make him better.  

I laugh when I hear arm strength concerns.  I never saw it.  He doesn't need to throw a Jeff George missle to someone that is 10 yards away and moving.  He throws a very catchable ball, and we have seen him heave if over 60 yards on a Hail Mary as well.  

His arm strength is more than adequate.  Josh Allen has a cannon and they had to teach him "touch" on his passes.  Burrow has it already.  This is just more good news on his overall health.  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 04:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wow. You are so super late with this. 

Kevin is right.  Ease off, man.  This was Ben Baby's take on the velocity thing, and was an actual POSITIVE SPIN (spin, get it?) on the information earlier in the year.  

One tidbit I was unaware of what that Joe's attempts AND completions were second only to Tom Brady when he was injured.  Sure, his YPA wasn't stellar, but it was improving.  

Can't wait to see him this year.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 08:33 AM)kevin Wrote: Why do you come on here just to give everybody a hard time every day ?  OK, so you are wise guy, what is so great about that ?  So since you are so hard on everybody else, get a life.  There is more to life than coming on this site everyday and giving everybody a hard time.  I don't care if you or others don't like me saying this, because you sure as heck don't care how awful you are to other people on here.  Until you start treating people with more respect, you don't deserve any.  A few days ago you jumped me for saying Bengals instead of Bengal.  Now you jump this poor soul for starting a thread about Joe Burrow. Enough already.

wHOOOOOAH. Easy there Kevins. I didn't mean any malice!!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Kevin is right.  Ease off, man.  

I WASN'T MEAN TO THE KID. I SIMPLY POINTED OUT THAT IT WAS SOMETHING THAT WAS TALKED ABOUT EARLIER.
RantRantRantRantRantRantRantRantRantRantRantRantRantRantRant

Anyway...

never mind. lol

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is nice as a refection of all the core work he has done with and beyond his rehab.  Can only make him better.  

I laugh when I hear arm strength concerns.  I never saw it.  He doesn't need to throw a Jeff George missle to someone that is 10 yards away and moving.  He throws a very catchable ball, and we have seen him heave if over 60 yards on a Hail Mary as well.  

His arm strength is more than adequate.  Josh Allen has a cannon and they had to teach him "touch" on his passes.  Burrow has it already.  This is just more good news on his overall health.  

All true. Never saw the arm strength issue in college that was supposedly his only weakness. He had good arm strength and now
he is just improving on it. Same with Drew Brees his favorite QB who supposedly had arm strength issues before he came into the 
league. We saw how that worked out.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 02:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I WASN'T MEAN TO THE KID. I SIMPLY POINTED OUT THAT IT WAS SOMETHING THAT WAS TALKED ABOUT EARLIER.
Rant:ra

Anyway...

never mind. lol

Brad's wall of defenders is quick to draw and mighty strong... Hilarious

[Image: intense-watergun.gif]
Reply/Quote
"Harder, faster" Now, where have we heard that before? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If his balls are harder and faster for longer then 4 hours he needs to seek medical attention. Hopefully there is no OT games.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 02:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: "Harder, faster"  Now, where have we heard that before?  Ninja

Is that what she said?  I guess it depends where you were putting it?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 02:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: "Harder, faster"  Now, where have we heard that before?  Ninja

Probably from Daft Punk. Harder, better, faster, stronger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjR4_CbPpQ
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote