Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Is Training With Chase and Jefferson!
Hopefully Thad Moss is there too.
Dude gonna need all the extra training time with Burrow to make the team and be any kind of contributor on offense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 10:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopefully Thad Moss is there too.
Dude gonna need all the extra training time with Burrow to make the team and be any kind of contributor on offense.

I’m extra down on Thad Moss cause how couldn’t he beat out Mitchell freaking Wilcox? Has a guy ever been this bad years 1-4 then became a rotational guy in the 5th year? I feel like TE is a position where you either have it or you don’t after the first 2-3 years of learning the position in the NFL
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Just a thought Tee and Bates for Jefferson Maybe 3 from the Vikings to sweeten the deal. We get rid of Bates and his toxic agent all in 1 swoop.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 10:54 AM)Housh Wrote: I’m extra down on Thad Moss cause how couldn’t he beat out Mitchell freaking Wilcox? Has a guy ever been this bad years 1-4 then became a rotational guy in the 5th year? I feel like TE is a position where you either have it or you don’t after the first 2-3 years of learning the position in the NFL
Thad Moss and Mitchell Wilcox are both entering Year 3, and both were UDFAs, so I'm not surprised neither has ascended yet.
Both produced about the same in college in their best seasons, but neither is considered an uber-athletic TE.
So their ceiling is probably TE2 at best.

I think Uzomah proved you can "have it" after taking more than 3 years.
Uzomah didn't really "break out" until Year 4, and still only put up 439-3 in that year.
It took until his 7th season to really show he could be a solid TE1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 11:30 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Just a thought Tee and Bates for Jefferson Maybe 3 from the Vikings to sweeten the deal. We get rid of Bates and his toxic agent all in 1 swoop.

I wouldn't do this if I were the Vikings. You're swapping Tee for JJ, where Tee isn't as good of a receiver but is still going to command a big contract. Then, you have a malcontent S who wants top dollar immediately when most folks don't believe he is good enough to warrant that kind of money and they took a Free Safety in the first round last year (Lewis Cine). 

It doesn't make sense for them. Put it this way - Chase is roughly as good as JJ right now. What would it take for you to trade Chase? Would you trade Chase for CeeDee Lamb, Malik Hooker and a 3rd? I sure as hell wouldn't, there's no way. I would demand a treasure chest for Chase. 

That is what it would take for JJ, IMO. A treasure chest. 

EDIT - I just realized you meant that Cincinnati receive a 3rd from the Vikings to sweeten the deal. There's no way. Bates and Higgins aren't worth JJ by themselves, Cincinnati would need to throw picks in.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 11:30 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Just a thought Tee and Bates for Jefferson Maybe 3 from the Vikings to sweeten the deal. We get rid of Bates and his toxic agent all in 1 swoop.

Minnesota hangs up immediately.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 01:24 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I wouldn't do this if I were the Vikings. You're swapping Tee for JJ, where Tee isn't as good of a receiver but is still going to command a big contract. Then, you have a malcontent S who wants top dollar immediately when most folks don't believe he is good enough to warrant that kind of money and they took a Free Safety in the first round last year (Lewis Cine). 

It doesn't make sense for them. Put it this way - Chase is roughly as good as JJ right now. What would it take for you to trade Chase? Would you trade Chase for CeeDee Lamb, Malik Hooker and a 3rd? I sure as hell wouldn't, there's no way. I would demand a treasure chest for Chase. 

That is what it would take for JJ, IMO. A treasure chest. 

EDIT - I just realized you meant that Cincinnati receive a 3rd from the Vikings to sweeten the deal. There's no way. Bates and Higgins aren't worth JJ by themselves, Cincinnati would need to throw picks in.

I feel you are undervaluing Bates and Higgins. That's 2 top 10 talents for a top 5 talent All 3 are super young Tee isn't chopped liver I'd take him over Amari. Maybe Allen and Metcalf
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 09:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I feel you are undervaluing Bates and Higgins. That's 2 top 10 talents for a top 5 talent All 3 are super young Tee isn't chopped liver I'd take him over Amari. Maybe Allen and Metcalf

Tee certainly isn’t chopped liver, but he’s also not top 10 either.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 09:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I feel you are undervaluing Bates and Higgins. That's 2 top 10 talents for a top 5 talent All 3 are super young Tee isn't chopped liver I'd take him over Amari. Maybe Allen and Metcalf

I don't agree that Tee is a top 10 receiver.

1. Davante Adams
  2. Cooper Kupp
  3. Tyreek Hill
  4. Justin Jefferson
  5. Chase
  6. Stefon Diggs
  7. Mike Evans
  8. D.K. Metcalf
  9. Mike Williams
  10. D.J. Moore
  11. Terry McLaurin
  12. Deebo Samuel
  13. Chris Godwin
This is in no order, just naming guys off the top of my head. 

There are still a few guys that have arguments, but I don't believe that Tee is a top 10 guy. He's very good, and has an argument as one of the best second options in the entire league. He is also good enough that he will command a large contract, potentially $20mm+. 

So, you are wanting to the Vikings to swap their record breaking, undeniably top tier receiver for a still very good, but downgrade (also older) at the position. You also want them to call it quits on Lewis Cine, whom they just drafted in the first round, to take on an inconsistent, malcontent S who wants to be paid as a top flight player immediately. You also want a third round pick from them. The Vikings don't get better with this trade.

Again, I would ask if you personally would trade Chase and a third for CeeDee Lamb and Malik Hooker? 
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee certainly isn’t chopped liver, but he’s also not top 10 either.

He's a good player, but I have no clue how some have him as a Top 10 WR.  I personally have him as a high end WR2/low end WR1.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 10:03 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't agree that Tee is a top 10 receiver.

1. Davante Adams
  2. Cooper Kupp
  3. Tyreek Hill
  4. Justin Jefferson
  5. Chase
  6. Stefon Diggs
  7. Mike Evans
  8. D.K. Metcalf
  9. Mike Williams
  10. D.J. Moore
  11. Terry McLaurin
  12. Deebo Samuel
  13. Chris Godwin
This is in no order, just naming guys off the top of my head. 

There are still a few guys that have arguments, but I don't believe that Tee is a top 10 guy. He's very good, and has an argument as one of the best second options in the entire league. He is also good enough that he will command a large contract, potentially $20mm+. 

So, you are wanting to the Vikings to swap their record breaking, undeniably top tier receiver for a still very good, but downgrade (also older) at the position. You also want them to call it quits on Lewis Cine, whom they just drafted in the first round, to take on an inconsistent, malcontent S who wants to be paid as a top flight player immediately. You also want a third round pick from them. The Vikings don't get better with this trade.

Again, I would ask if you personally would trade Chase and a third for CeeDee Lamb and Malik Hooker? 

You can make an argument from 7 through 13, 10 no brainer Tee is better 13 coming off a season ending injury.  Deebo while more productive route running a liability, 
Reply/Quote
According to a photo posted on Joe's IG, he is spending some time this week with Jordan Palmer

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote