Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow Less than Stellar in debut
(09-15-2020, 08:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man life is unfair isn’t it? Why couldn’t Andy Dalton just be held to the same exact standards as a rookie playing in his first game, amirite?!

Burrow did channel his inner 2019 vs Jacksonville Andy Dalton on that I'll advised pick, but the kid did pretty much what I expected. He made some plays, got sacked, got hurried, turned the ball over, and at crunch time did all he could to help us win. He's in the big leagues now, and will take his lumps... Yet and still, I liked what I saw from him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 09:37 PM)jason Wrote: Burrow did channel his inner 2019 vs Jacksonville Andy Dalton on that I'll advised pick, but the kid did pretty much what I expected. He made some plays, got sacked, got hurried, turned the ball over, and at crunch time did all he could to help us win. He's in the big leagues now, and will take his lumps... Yet and still, I liked what I saw from him.

I don’t know how anyone couldn’t.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know how anyone couldn’t.

I get it... There was a ton of optimism in January. Then shit got really wacky in real life. We spent in FA, and everyone got excited again. Then pessimism about the season happening set it. Then training camp happened... Joe Burrow is getting rave reviews from teammates, and the staff... But we still haven't seen him. Then we play a TOUGH defense week 1. That's the first live action he's faced since Clemson. I dunno about anyone else, but that seems like 5 years ago. He did alright, and got better as the game went on. I expect him to play better Thursday.

And how bout AJ Green? The man took the field, and made what could've been the game winning play. I know; shoulda, coulda, woulda, but damn; if that wasn't encouraging for me. Let's see where we are in a month.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 09:32 PM)jason Wrote: When multiple coaches don't use Ross right, Ross ain't very good.

Ross appears like he plays scared, with little confidence.  You can almost see it in his eyes really.  Paul Daugherty mentioned that Ross looks great in practice.  But he's probably not afraid of getting lit up in practice like in a real game.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:52 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: Ross appears like he plays scared, with little confidence.  You can almost see it in his eyes really.  Paul Daugherty mentioned that Ross looks great in practice.  But he's probably not afraid of getting lit up in practice like in a real game.

I don't recall ever seeing him get lit up in a game either. What's he so scared of? I don't know if it's fear or what, but I agree... His problems are Above the shoulders.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote