Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow Less than Stellar in debut
Once he settled in and got into rhythm he passed the eye test. The 2 minute drive was encouragjng as the Chargers knew
He had to throw as they dropped 7 in coverage.
I really like how he didnt force too many balls. Did he throw into.double coverage ..I didnt see it
Id like to see him throw to his left a bit more. Secondaries will realize he likes throwing to his right and rotate coverage that way. He,was composed and not rattled. We can build off that. Last years QB would have wet the bed
Reply/Quote
He looked like a rookie.  Made some boneheaded mistakes, but also showed poise.  Overthrew some potential touchdowns, but marched the team down the field in a 2-minute drill with no timeouts.  At the end of the day, he put the team in a position to win.  The OPI and botched FG did him dirty.  

No fairy tale debut by any means, but in terms of intangibles I was impressed.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 01:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Leonard Fournette? Seriously? He’s so good he got cut by a terrible JAX team. He averaged 1 yd on 5 carries yesterday for Tampa. Lol

And Mixon does “get yds.” Back-to-back 1100 yds seasons.

Fournette had a couple of 1,000 yard seasons as well as more yards than Mixon last year. So what? If you give a RB enough carries they will get 1,000 yards. Mixon was 35th in yards/carry last year. Does that warrant a top salary? Like the guy but he has a long way to go before he should be considered elite.
Reply/Quote
That first half and early in 2nd half he was nervous. I don't care what he said pregame. I'd like us to throw on 1st and 2nd down more to settle him in better.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, Burrow had a poor start, but in his defense he is playing behind an OL almost as bad as the one Dalton played under hos last 3 years
here.

193 5.4 36 23 0.639 0 1 66.1 14 0.389 0 0 19 3 20

His QBR was 3rd worst in the NFL of the 32 QB's at 66.1

He missed a wide open Green (not under any pressure) which was a huge miss and loss of momentum and confidence builder for the offense. The good news is after he had a horrid interception costing us a likely tie at a minimum, he took us down and almost had a game winner albeit not for a questionable call against AJ. Not because AJ was guilty of PI, but because Mike Williams did it all day long and was never called for it.

Burrow gave himself a D and I agree, if he plays to a C we are 1-0 right now most likely, but on to play the Browns defense that was shredded by the Ravens and Jackson. Let's hope Burrow gets better each week and we get the 1st win of 2020 Thursday.

AJ has been pushing off his whole career and he does not need too with his size and skill but no coach ever made him stop. Burrow had no OTA or preseason games this year and you are comparing him to vets not rookies that is laughable.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:07 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Fournette had a couple of 1,000 yard seasons as well as more yards than Mixon last year. So what? If you give a RB enough carries they will get 1,000 yards. Mixon was 35th in yards/carry last year. Does that warrant a top salary? Like the guy but he has a long way to go before he should be considered elite.

That is not true at all. Otherwise there’d be way more than 10-15 guys a year that does. Jeremy Hill only did it once here despite having a way better OL, and 220+ carries 3x.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That is not true at all. Otherwise there’d be way more than 10-15 guys a year that does. Jeremy Hill only did it once here despite having a way better OL, and 220+ carries 3x.

Is a statistical fact. If a team decides to give a RB 50 carries per game and that RB only averages 1.25 yards/carry that RB will have a 1,000 yard season. Does that make him a good RB? No.

Bottom line, Mixon makes top 6 RB money with comparable stats to those RBs who make $8-10 million less per year.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:38 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Is a statistical fact. If a team decides to give a RB 50 carries per game and that RB only averages 1.25 yards/carry that RB will have a 1,000 yard season. Does that make him a good RB? No.

Bottom line, Mixon makes top 6 RB money with comparable stats to those RBs who make $8-10 million less per year.

And Kamara makes even more than Mixon and his numbers yesterday were awful. So what? It’s one game.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That one, and the shovel pass that Ingram picked off are probably the plays that kept him up last night. He’ll get his timing with AJ down though, and I would hope Taylor chewed his ass out for the Int.

The thing about Burrow is that nobody will be harder on him than he will be on himself and that is why he will be great.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Kamara makes even more than Mixon and his numbers yesterday were awful. So what? It’s one game.

You were the one that tried to argue yesterday's one game stats with Fournette vs. Mixon. Try to stay consistent.

Also, here are two players from 2019:

Running Back A                           Running Back B

Age                                                         23                                             24
Rushing yards                                       1137                                        1152
All purpose yards                                  1424                                         1674
Tds                                                            5                                               3
Y/A                                                          4.1                                           4.3
Y/G                                                        71.1                                         76.8
All purpose Y/G                                         89                                        111.6
Fumbles                                                     0                                                1

One of these players makes $12 million for 2020 while the other makes $2 million. Make sense?
Reply/Quote
Without grading on a curve, I think a D is about right. There were some horrid decisions (shovel pass INT and the silly attempted lateral to Mixon) and missing AJ for an easy TD.

Now, given the circumstances, was it unexpected for him to struggle? No. But I am sure I was not the only one hoping for Dan Marino.

And there were some positives: the run audible TD and the last drive.

I'd expect him to get better every week.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:56 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: You were the one that tried to argue yesterday's one game stats with Fournette vs. Mixon. Try to stay consistent.

Also, here are two players from 2019:

Running Back A                           Running Back B

Age                                                         23                                             24
Rushing yards                                       1137                                        1152
All purpose yards                                  1424                                         1674
Tds                                                            5                                               3
Y/A                                                          4.1                                           4.3
Y/G                                                        71.1                                         76.8
All purpose Y/G                                         89                                        111.6
Fumbles                                                     0                                                1

One of these players makes $12 million for 2020 while the other makes $2 million. Make sense?

No, whining over Mike Brown’s money will never make sense to me. Especially when it’s actually on good players. How about we ***** about what Bobby Hart is making?

Reply/Quote
Refreshing to see a QB say "yeah, I stunk".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Meanwhile in Washington, a dominant pass rush and some obviously "overrated" Buckeye alums are 1-0 after sacking Wentz 8 times beating a good Eagles team.

Jalen Hurts could have managed 23-36 for 193 and an interception. QBR of 20.2!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Refreshing to see a QB say "yeah, I stunk".

Yep. No “we” with Burrow. He put it squarely on himself.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Without grading on a curve, I think a D is about right. There were some horrid decisions (shovel pass INT and the silly attempted lateral to Mixon) and missing AJ for an easy TD.

Now, given the circumstances, was it unexpected for him to struggle? No. But I am sure I was not the only one hoping for Dan Marino.

And there were some positives: the run audible TD and the last drive.

I'd expect him to get better every week.

Far better than a D. Considering no normal pre-season, going with still a very questionable OL barely learning how to function together and going against two of the best DL in the NFL, I'll give him a B-. Ross catches a simple ball and/or a correct no call on AJ and we're talking about a 1st game rookie making a tremendous game-winning drive after making a couple mistakes and getting the snot knocked out of him. Never flinched..

90% of the QB's playing for years on a weekly basis make mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:02 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Meanwhile in Washington, a dominant pass rush and some obviously "overrated" Buckeye alums are 1-0 after sacking Wentz 8 times beating a good Eagles team.

Jalen Hurts could have managed 23-36 for 193 and an interception. QBR of 20.2!!!

ONE GAME! All it took for the OSU homers to question the pick was one game. LMAO

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:02 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Meanwhile in Washington, a dominant pass rush and some obviously "overrated" Buckeye alums are 1-0 after sacking Wentz 8 times beating a good Eagles team.

Also I have no idea who said Young was “overrated” but I certainly never saw it here. The GOAT LT mentioned he thought it was somewhat concerning that Young seemed to disappear in some big games down the stretch. That’s what started all the OSU meltdowns here. No one ever called him overrated.

But if you think adding 1.5 sacks yesterday would have won that game for us idk what to say. Maybe if Young could also play RT...

Reply/Quote

Root for Washington then.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:35 AM)The Clapp Wrote: Are you talking about the throw to AJ in the endzone that he dropped? because if you are, AJ stepped out before he touched it....

he is referring to the overthrow a wide open AJ on 1st drive of 3rd quarter
Reply/Quote