Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow Less than Stellar in debut
We HAVE to win this next game or else Burrow is going to get stuck in that losing mindset.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He scored our only TD on a play he audibled into himself, and drove us down the field at the end of the game with no timeouts. Putting a letter grade on QB play seems a bit odd to me, but I don’t think he gets a “D” if AJ doesn’t push off and we win the game.

Yeah. He essentially took the team right down the field in his first game facing adversity and scored the go ahead/game winning TD. Pretty impressive considering he’s seen nothing like NFL speed before and was protected by a weak right side Oline. It took some time but the game slowed down a bit for him in the second half. I believe everyone will start talking about his dick more in the future.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Watched some of the espn talking heads this morning and I saw pretty much universal praise for Burrow and the loss was hung on ZT.
Reply/Quote
I think Burrow played excellent for the circumstances.. If they dont call that ticky tack BS on AJ we arent even having this conversation..
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 04:12 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We HAVE to win this next game or else Burrow is going to get stuck in that losing mindset.

Stop it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 05:28 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Yeah. He essentially took the team right down the field in his first game facing adversity and scored the go ahead/game winning TD. Pretty impressive considering he’s seen nothing like NFL speed before and was protected by a weak right side Oline. It took some time but the game slowed down a bit for him in the second half. I believe everyone will start talking about his dick more in the future.

Not until reporters are allowed back in the locker room.

Well, unless someone is curious, i guess...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I thought Burrow did ok. Rookies miss that shit. He recognized his screw ups and he took full responsibility for it. One thing most of us liked about Burrow is his work ethic and leadership. The look on his face when Randy missed the FG was not one of blaming Randy. That was a look as if he knew he could have prevented us from being in the situation. He is going to study his ass off and he WILL improve. I actually think the speed in which he improves is going to turn all our heads. 

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:40 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Joe said he overthrew Ross just so everyone is aware of how Joe feels about that play.

I think most who watched it agreed , joe had a overthrow on a TD catch
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also I have no idea who said Young was “overrated” but I certainly never saw it here. The GOAT LT mentioned he thought it was somewhat concerning that Young seemed to disappear in some big games down the stretch. That’s what started all the OSU meltdowns here. No one ever called him overrated.

But if you think adding 1.5 sacks yesterday would have won that game for us idk what to say. Maybe if Young could also play RT...

You gotta be able to take a little heat if you're going to step into the kitchen. Burrow will play better. Ts, as I already mentioned, Jalen Hurts could have put up a 20.2 QBR.
(09-14-2020, 03:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Root for Washington then.

You gals are TOO easy...lol
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 06:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think most who watched it agreed , joe had a overthrow on a TD catch

He missed two layups.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:25 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You gotta be able to take a little heat if you're going to step into the kitchen. Burrow will play better. Ts, as I already mentioned, Jalen Hurts could have put up a 20.2 QBR.

You gals are TOO easy...lol

First of all who the hell cares about QBR? Seriously? As far as Jalen Hurts you have no idea how he or any other rookie QB would have looked cause Burrow is the only one playing. That should tell you something.

People jokingly predicted we’d get some whining about Young if Burrow didn’t come out and light it up instantly, and you were the first one to do actually do so. Congratulations.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First of all who the hell cares about QBR? Seriously? As far as Jalen Hurts you have no idea how he or any other rookie QB would have looked cause Burrow is the only one playing. That should tell you something.

People jokingly predicted we’d get some whining about Young if Burrow didn’t come out and light it up instantly, and you were the first one to do actually do so. Congratulations.

LOL....some, in fact several, have in certain discussions when it supported an agenda. Turnabout is fair play I reckon....but I certainly call it a made up stat to prop up Cam Newton. Just my 2 cents.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:50 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: LOL....some, in fact several, have in certain discussions when it supported an agenda. Turnabout is fair play I reckon....but I certainly call it a made up stat to prop up Cam Newton. Just my 2 cents.

I generally only look at passer rating myself. Joe’s wasn’t great yesterday (66.1), but hey at least it was better than Mayfield’s. Lol

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 04:12 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We HAVE to win this next game or else Burrow is going to get stuck in that losing mindset.

Burrows best trait is mental toughness. If he adapts a ‘losing mindset’ then everything we heard about him is false.
Reply/Quote
Burrow likely went up against the best Corners and D-line he will face all year in his 1st game.

Let's pump the breaks and watch him grow. There was enough positives out of this game to not be worried.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First of all who the hell cares about QBR? Seriously? As far as Jalen Hurts you have no idea how he or any other rookie QB would have looked cause Burrow is the only one playing. That should tell you something.

Actually, I made a promise to you all the way back in December; I plan on keeping it.  Remember, when you were shouting from the mountain tops and fanboying the rest of us to death??  Your boy didn't play well. Deal with it.

Besides, I'm just FN with you Nico. Grow some thicker skin. He showed what he's capable of on the last drive. He'll play better.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:17 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Actually, I made a promise to you all the way back in December. I plan on keeping it.  Remember, when you were shouting from the mountain tops and fanboying the rest of us to death??  Your boy didn't play well. Deal with it.

Besides, I'm just FN with you Nico. Grow some thicker skin. He showed what he's capable of on the last drive. He'll play better.

If that OPI isn’t called on AJ literally no one is talking about how Burrow didn’t play well. In fact he’s probably getting praised on all the national sports shows for an amazing game winning drive with no timeouts.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:58 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Burrow likely went up against the best Corners and D-line he will face all year in his 1st game.  

Let's pump the breaks and watch him grow. There was enough positives out of this game to not be worried.

Absolutely I saw a franchise QB who, barring injury will be one of the best in the NFL in the next few years.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 06:08 PM)Tony Wrote: I think Burrow played excellent for the circumstances.. If they dont call that ticky tack BS on AJ we arent even having this conversation..

I just watched the play in slow motion on NFL game pass and I am not sure AJ toes was in when he caught the ball they called him for pushing off so they never really looked at his toes from different angles.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, Burrow had a poor start, but in his defense he is playing behind an OL almost as bad as the one Dalton played under hos last 3 years
here.

193 5.4 36 23 0.639 0 1 66.1 14 0.389 0 0 19 3 20

His QBR was 3rd worst in the NFL of the 32 QB's at 66.1

He missed a wide open Green (not under any pressure) which was a huge miss and loss of momentum and confidence builder for the offense. The good news is after he had a horrid interception costing us a likely tie at a minimum, he took us down and almost had a game winner albeit not for a questionable call against AJ. Not because AJ was guilty of PI, but because Mike Williams did it all day long and was never called for it.

Burrow gave himself a D and I agree, if he plays to a C we are 1-0 right now most likely, but on to play the Browns defense that was shredded by the Ravens and Jackson. Let's hope Burrow gets better each week and we get the 1st win of 2020 Thursday.

Wow, you're really going to dog on a day 1 starting QB who had virtually no OTAs, no preseason games, and a truncated training camp?  

Gee whiz, do you remember Andy Dalton in that first preseason game versus Detroit?  I do, and I think that Joe did a little better.  In fact, he grew as the game wore on.  He put the team on his back, carried them to the 3 yard line, threw what should have been the game winning ball, only to get let down by circumstance.

Sure, he made plenty of rookie mistakes.  He did atone, and take the team under his control.  He can't control some things, like WR/DB hand fighting, how an official is going to view a play, etc.  When it came down to the wire, Joe was electric.  I haven't been that enthused as I was watching that drive, since the opening of the '05 playoff game, before seeing Palmer writhing on the ground.  Joe is a winner, he's here to do great things.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote