Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Looked Unstoppable
(01-04-2023, 04:11 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am going to talk about the game a little here...  Joe Burrow looked like he had that fire in his eyes, he looked different to me on the sideline and on the drive to Boyd!  He looked like he was going to go out and dominate this game.  I felt like he was going to prove the Bengals deserve the Spotlight Games and was going to prove it..  Over all the Bengals looked ready to go!  Wish we could have seen the end result of this one!  

WHO DEY!!

I agree he looked great but he looked that way against NE also.. and we cooled in 2nd half... it was going to be a dog fight.. Buffalo looked good also on offense.. a drop pass cost them a TD
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s a different time. That’s not repeating

They said the same thing when the salary cap was introduced in the 90's

No more dynasties!!!

Yet the Pats did it
Reply/Quote
Yeah for sure. This was going to be a win. It might be an unpopular take but giving the bengals the win and bills the loss would be the most fair for seeding. Everyone still has a shot at the top seed that way. Bengals deserve a round 2 playoff game and shot at top seed if the chiefs lose.
Reply/Quote
I think what really impressed me was the O-line. It was only 5 passes, but no one got near Joe. That TD pass he had all kinds of time. Adeniji stonewalled his man on the TD.
Reply/Quote
Yes, Joey looked dialed in. I have to say our entire offense looked focused and they were on a mission with something to prove to a national audience. Mixon was ripping off runs of 7 and 9 yards. Hurst made a great catch for a big gain, and Boyd made a fantastic catch in the endzone. One thing I want ppl to notice on Boyd's TD reception is the blocking of Adeniji to allow Joey time to get that pass off.

We were clicking on all cylinders and no one was going to stop us from dominating MNF.
Reply/Quote
Did y'all miss Josh Allen answering by driving the length of the field on our D? The only reason they took 3 instead of scoring 7 is because their receiver dropped a walk-in touchdown on 3rd down. Yes, Burrow and crew were on fire, but it's not like the Bills were sucking mud. This was going to be a contest of which D held up the best, and us without Awuzie. I think we would have won, but there is no way in hell that outcome was guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 07:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did y'all miss Josh Allen answering by driving the length of the field on our D? The only reason they took 3 instead of scoring 7 is because their receiver dropped a walk-in touchdown on 3rd down. Yes, Burrow and crew were on fire, but it's not like the Bills were sucking mud. This was going to be a contest of which D held up the best, and us without Awuzie. I think we would have won, but there is no way in hell that outcome was guaranteed.

Wrong, Allen threw it too high to Beasley

at least say correct things
Reply/Quote
After watching something traumatic on the field, someone said "Five minutes".

Joe Burrow calmly starts warming up.

That's a guy that doesn't lose focus with anything that's going on around him.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 07:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did y'all miss Josh Allen answering by driving the length of the field on our D? The only reason they took 3 instead of scoring 7 is because their receiver dropped a walk-in touchdown on 3rd down. Yes, Burrow and crew were on fire, but it's not like the Bills were sucking mud. This was going to be a contest of which D held up the best, and us without Awuzie. I think we would have won, but there is no way in hell that outcome was guaranteed.

Seems to me the D has done quite well without Awuzie, and 7-0 since his injury kinda backs that up. Getting Hurst back seemed to have the offense really fired up. I think the Bengals were going to romp, but you're Captain Obvious for saying the outcome was not guaranteed!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 07:18 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: After watching something traumatic on the field, someone said "Five minutes".

Everyone today was very clear that there was no 5-minute warning given and that they started throwing the ball around because they didn't know what else to do at the moment

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I felt fire in that quarter. Burrow was crazy accurate and he was diagnosing every defense.

I think that game wouldve been the MVP too.

but then again who cares?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 07:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Wrong, Allen threw it too high to Beasley

at least say correct things

It was off his fingertips, but you have to argue. The point remains, both offenses were moving the ball at will.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It was off his fingertips, but you have to argue. The point remains, both offenses were moving the ball at will.

Agree, but this is Lou we're talking about.  He's the Muhammad Ali of DCs.  You can move the ball a lot on this defense early, then suddenly you can't because he's seen everything you've got and he's going to throw something totally different at you after halftime (if he needs to).
Reply/Quote
It looked like it was going to be a shootout, but the momentum was definitely pointing to use going up 14-3 on that drive. I do think we were heading to victory and the offense a huge night. It just had that vibe, and look. Burrow was definitely 100% focused.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 07:18 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: After watching something traumatic on the field, someone said "Five minutes".

Stone cold kil...ummmm, you know.

I shudder at how a previous QB might have been in that situation. Well, i don't know. That might be a bit harsh...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 04:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow had the MVP won... We'll just leave it at that.

Agreed.  That first drive, there wasn't even a completion to Higgins or Chase (the PI penalty).  Hurst looked like a man possessed.  Mixon smashed people with a 5 and 7 yard run.  Boyd's beautiful 14 yard TD.  Adeniji looked solid.  Oh, and Allen was 3 for 6 for 33 yards.  

I think Burrow was on his way to a 400 yard, 4 TD day.  

I don't think that team disappears, though.  They have worked so hard through the season to get where they are at today and I think despite this enormous emotional hurricane, they will overcome...again. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:09 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Burrow is good but he isnt getting to 10 super bowls.  and winning 7

Let's see.  His first full season as a starter, coming off an ACL and MCL tear, with one of the worst offensive lines in the league, he comes within one second of winning the Super Bowl.  He certainly made the Super Bowl.  Now with a solid line he looks unstoppable.  We forget how the offense was sputtering at this time last year because they couldn't protect him long enough and he was taking tons of hits and sacks. 

He has already got to one.  He will win this year's.  That will be two in his first full two seasons with one win.  I won't EVER bet against Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 06:14 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think what really impressed me was the O-line. It was only 5 passes, but no one got near Joe. That TD pass he had all kinds of time. Adeniji stonewalled his man on the TD.

Agreed, I was watching Hakeem on every play, he looked pretty solid. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:59 PM)samhain Wrote: Agree, but this is Lou we're talking about.  He's the Muhammad Ali of DCs.  You can move the ball a lot on this defense early, then suddenly you can't because he's seen everything you've got and he's going to throw something totally different at you after halftime (if he needs to).

Plus, we're dynamite in the red zone on defense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote