Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow On Cover Of Madden?
Saw a link on Facebook that has Burrow listed as a candidate to be on the Madden cover.

The curse is over but I don’t know if I like the idea just because of the possibility.

On the other hand, it would bring extra positive attention to the team, which I like, and it would be epic to have him on the cover in the same year as our first Super Bowl Title!

I think it would also possibly help demoralize the rest of the league and put them on notice! (Everyone already knows how good he is and we are but I’ll take any mental advantage we can possibly get.)

I’m at the gym on the exercripple bike, so I can’t post the link, but CBS also mentioned him as a possibility.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/wholl-be-on-madden-nfl-24-cover-sizing-up-prime-candidates-including-joe-burrow-justin-jefferson/amp/
Reply/Quote
Not yet, not Yet.... After his first superbowl MVP sure.
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen is the cover
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 04:45 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Josh Allen is the cover

cant wait for another season of Bills/Chiefs hype while cincy goes under the radar once again

I like playing spoilers as much as anyone, but the love fest for buffalo is annoying

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Burrow is too good to grace the cover of an EA product. Why would he wanna associate with that sorry excuse of a football game?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 04:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not yet, not Yet.... After his first superbowl MVP  sure.

That would make me feel better for damn sure. Get that SB win while being the MVP and we can talk Madden cover's with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Because they wont do Patrick Mahomes again they should go with Sauce Gardner and Garrett Wilson. It's not often both ROY are on the same team.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I was actually surprised it wasn't Jalen Hurts or Justin Jefferson this season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 04:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The curse is over but I don’t know if I like the idea just because of the possibility.

Is it?

Lamar Jackson was on '21 and then stunk and was hurt the next 2 years.
Brady was on '22 and got divorced and retired because his team went 8-9.

Sure seems more like Mahomes is just immune, but even he had his worst statistical year, got swept by the Bengals, and had a TON of off-field family drama. The guy on it before then was Antonio Brown, and lol.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 08:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is it?

Sure seems more like Mahomes is just immune, but even he had his worst statistical year, got swept by the Bengals, and had a TON of off-field family drama. The guy on it before then was Antonio Brown, and lol.

Sounds like a Steeler should be on the cover, then. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 08:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is it?

I guess I haven't been paying attention lol 

La'Marr was bound to suck because he's a diva and Brady was 75.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 09:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I guess I haven't been paying attention lol 

La'Marr was bound to suck because he's a diva and Brady was 75.

LL is just trying to make it worse than it is. TB won his division last year, set an NFL record for completions, and finished 3rd in passing yards. Not a "bad season" for a 45 year old QB.

As to the divorce; he seemed to rebound pretty well:

[Image: Veronika-Rajek-2.jpg?resize=768,1152&qua...&strip=all]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 04:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: cant wait for another season of Bills/Chiefs hype while cincy goes under the radar once again

I like playing spoilers as much as anyone, but the love fest for buffalo is annoying

The over the top Allen hype is bizarre. Hate to have to play in Buffalo and pray it doesn’t snow. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
*whew* Josh Allen. 

Looks like a good time for the Bills to take a nose dive. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 11:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote:
The over the top  Allen hype  is bizarre.
 Hate to have to play in Buffalo and pray it doesn’t snow. LOL

It really is. Cincy played them twice last year (well, one game and 10 minutes of another) and Buffalo had nothing for Cincinnati. The fact they blame playing in the snow is comical beyond belief. 
Reply/Quote