Burrow On Instagram!
Check this out!  Our QB is A BOSS!

In the new uniform posts on Instagram, you can see his scars from surgery:
[Image: EzV8lTtVIAgQ_ui?format=jpg&name=small]

And he captions it with this quote!
Quote:joeyb_9
Verified
“If you die without any scars then you never did anything worth fighting for”

We have a leader that's not afraid!  The rest of the team has to be inspired by this!
Reply/Quote
Good grief, I didn't think they would open him up that large. I figured it would be micro.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief, I didn't think they would open him up that large.  I figured it would be micro.

Yeah I was in shock but it just goes to show how great he is and how unafraid he is to get back out there!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 01:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah I was in shock but it just goes to show how great he is and how unafraid he is to get back out there!

Meh... That's just from doing his job. He's a boss because he paid for shots for an entire bar full of OU fans during the NCAA tournament.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief, I didn't think they would open him up that large.  I figured it would be micro.

Why would you think micro surgery? No ACL tear can be fixed with micro surgery. Based on the length of the scar, I have a hunch it was more than an ACL tear. 

I have the same size scar.

I tore my ACL. MCL and both meniscus and also needed screws to repair my tibia that was fractured.

It is a tough recovery, but today they are better than they were in 1997 and I did not have access to work with trainers 6 to 8 hours a day.

He will recover. No doubt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Nice quote from Joe...
Reply/Quote
My best scar is from a drunken canoe trip so im not sure if this is accurate.

Maybe it be better "if you died without scars did you even live?"
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 02:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why would you think micro surgery? No ACL tear can be fixed with micro surgery. Based on the length of the scar, I have a hunch it was more than an ACL tear. 

I tore my ACL. MCL and both meniscus and also needed screws to repair my tibia that was fractured.

It is a tough recovery, but today they are better than they were in 1997 and I did not have access to work with trainers 6 to 8 hours a day.

Uh, basically because I'm not a doctor, and the scar I have on my chest from bypass surgery is less than 4 inches long and now barely visible. I figured they would do a knee arthroscopically, but like I said, I'm not a doctor.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 03:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: My best scar is from a drunken canoe trip so im not sure if this is accurate.

Maybe it be better  "if you died without scars did you even live?"

Have a long scar on my hand from where it got stepped on after (one of the few times) I got tackled in football  Hilarious

Have a nasty scar on my neck from my tracheotomy and it looks like I got stabbed in the neck and then they twisted the knife.

Two more from chest tubes after my lung collapsed twice.

Have a bunch of glass scars all over my body from the windows and back windshield.  

Few covered by my hairr from all the shit they to do that night.

Scars from heated lighters on my bicep and ass (college  Hilarious).

Above my eye from when I fell after my brother threw a towel on my head when I was standing in the bathtub.

Few more I'm forgetting........  but yeah.......  scars showed that you lived!
Reply/Quote
My grandfather was a semi pro catcher for years and had scars all up and down both legs from getting spiked over and over and over. He wore them as a badge of courage always.. I wear all my scars as a badge of, "Damned..I probably shouldn't have done that, but I did." ThumbsUp
How many of you have a concrete block shin scars? I have several.. Man those hurt when they happen..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 05:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: My grandfather was a semi pro catcher for years and had scars all up and down both legs from getting spiked over and over and over. He wore them as a badge of courage always.. I wear all my scars as a badge of, "Damned..I probably shouldn't have done that, but I did." ThumbsUp
How many of you have a concrete block shin scars? I have several.. Man those hurt when they happen..

I have several shin scars from bumper hitches.... talk about pain.
Reply/Quote
That scar really makes me want to rebuild the OL lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 04:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, basically because I'm not a doctor, and the scar I have on my chest from bypass surgery is less than 4 inches long and now barely visible. I figured they would do a knee arthroscopically, but like I said, I'm not a doctor.

I am glad you survived, watched my brother go through heart by pass surgery when he was only 50, he died 3 times and they had to go back after he was in recovery for 3 hours. It was one of the longest days of my life.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 01:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Check this out!  Our QB is A BOSS!

In the new uniform posts on Instagram, you can see his scars from surgery:
[Image: EzV8lTtVIAgQ_ui?format=jpg&name=small]

And he captions it with this quote!

We have a leader that's not afraid!  The rest of the team has to be inspired by this!

They should hang that picture in the offensive line's meeting room.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 05:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have several shin scars from bumper hitches.... talk about pain.

No doubt....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 05:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have several shin scars from bumper hitches.... talk about pain.

If that ain't the f'n truth!!
Reply/Quote

Anyone who has ever cracked a shin on one of those shuddered as they read this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 02:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why would you think micro surgery? No ACL tear can be fixed with micro surgery. Based on the length of the scar, I have a hunch it was more than an ACL tear. 

My daughter tore her ACL playing lacrosse. Just a ACL and nothing more, her scar was about 2 inches. Burrow probably tore it all, ACL, MCL, meniscus. Question I have is how much cartilage is left in that knee?
Can he be 100% recovered from that kind wreckage? By august?

Infuriates me that the Bengals front office did so little to rebuild their offensive line with the drafting of Burrow. They threw him out there behind a POS offensive line and they knew it, same as we did.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 10:57 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: My daughter tore her ACL playing lacrosse. Just a ACL and nothing more, her scar was about 2 inches. Burrow probably tore it all, ACL, MCL, meniscus. Question I have is how much cartilage is left in that knee?
Can he be 100% recovered from that kind wreckage? By august?

Infuriates me that the Bengals front office did so little to rebuild their offensive line with the drafting of Burrow. They threw him out there behind a POS offensive line and they knew it, same as we did.

1. We know it was ACL, MCL and Meniscus damage. We knew this a week later.
2. He had no cartilage damage from what was reported (unless it was minor)
3. Did you read or hear the interview? If he can do everything without rolling out, I'd say he's what, 75%? 80%?

Can't believe Chicken Littles are still around a week before the draft...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
My ACL repair scar is only an inch or an inch and a half long—for what that’s worth. This was 15 years ago. Looks like there was more the docs had to do than a simple acl reconstruction.

His confidence is great, and it’s great to hear that he’s ahead of schedule.
Reply/Quote