Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow On The Current Events
We've got a leader!

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals rookie Joe Burrow empathizes with Black people in the wake of the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Many Americans have protested against police brutality and systemic racism in recent months following the killings of Breonna Taylor and George Floyd by police officers. The shooting of Blake has deepened their anguish, something to which Burrow alluded:

"How can you hear the pain Black people are going through and dismiss it as nothing. How can you hear the pain and respond with anything other than 'I stand with you.'”

I don't agree with the riots, but I do agree that black people's voices need to be heard, which is another great thing he said because he didn't say that he supports the riots but just that they need to be heard.

I also love it because his teammates, white and black, have to pumped up that their quarterback is taking a stand against police brutality of black people!

He's going to lead us to the promised land!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(08-27-2020, 04:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We've got a leader!

I don't agree with the riots, but I do agree that black people's voices need to be heard, which is another great thing he said because he didn't say that he supports the riots but just that they need to be heard.

I also love it because his teammates, white and black, have to pumped up that their quarterback is taking a stand against police brutality of black people!

He's going to lead us to the promised land!

I gotta be honest, I'm extraordinarily surprised to see that you agree with Joe on this. Most Trump supporters either outright deny the truth of police brutality of black people or otherwise attribute it to other factors (the whole 13/50 thing).

Good on you, Brad!
(08-27-2020, 04:56 PM)pally Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]

I can't wait to see their connection on the field and can't wait to see Burrow throwing BOMBS to AJ!
(08-27-2020, 05:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I gotta be honest, I'm extraordinarily surprised to see that you agree with Joe on this. Most Trump supporters either outright deny the truth of police brutality of black people or otherwise attribute it to other factors (the whole 13/50 thing).

Good on you, Brad!

This is the kind of broad generalization that keeps widening the divide.  Based on this statement, you obviously know multitudes of them and how they think.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

The guy is an uncommon dude, both on the field and off. Just look back at his Heisman speech.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Can't wait until my PnR suspension is over, so I can go in there and talk some football.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-27-2020, 05:50 PM)McC Wrote: This is the kind of broad generalization that keeps widening the divide.  Based on this statement, you obviously know multitudes of them and how they think.

Once it stops being the norm among Trump supporters, I'll gladly shift my opinion. I don't LIKE not trusting 40% of Americans to have a grasp on reality. It doesn't feel good.
(08-27-2020, 05:50 PM)McC Wrote: This is the kind of broad generalization that keeps widening the divide.  Based on this statement, you obviously know multitudes of them and how they think.

Well said, nothing wrong with what Joe said though at all.

(08-27-2020, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can't wait until my PnR suspension is over, so I can go in there and talk some football.

Hilarious

(08-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Once it stops being the norm among Trump supporters, I'll gladly shift my opinion. I don't LIKE not trusting 40% of Americans to have a grasp on reality. It doesn't feel good.

I agree with you on football but clearly not on politics at all CJD.
(08-27-2020, 06:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with you on football but clearly not on politics at all CJD.

I've pieced that together too :)
(08-27-2020, 06:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've pieced that together too :)

Rep. Cool

Yep. Just leaving this here. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Black lives do matter. But man is it scary the media can take an incident an blow it up.

I was taught as a white kid to respect authority. I got spanked if I didn't. I was also told to obey the police and do what they tell me to do.

Almost every incident involves someone not listening to the Police officer. Put your hands up and comply. I'm not sure why that is such a hard grasp for people to understand.

Yes there are bad cops... but damn if people do not make cops jobs harder by not complying.
[Image: 1500x500]
(08-27-2020, 07:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Black lives do matter.  But man is it scary the media can take an incident an blow it up.

I was taught as a white kid to respect authority. I got spanked if I didn't.   I was also told to obey the police and do what they tell me to do.

Almost every incident involves someone not listening to the Police officer. Put your hands up and comply.  I'm not sure why that is such a hard grasp for people to understand.

Yes there are bad cops... but damn if people do not make cops jobs harder by not complying.

Completely agree, nice post QueenCity. ThumbsUp
(08-27-2020, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can't wait until my PnR suspension is over, so I can go in there and talk some football.

I'd give you a million reps if I could!
The 17 year old did nothing wrong in my eyes.. They were gonna kill him if they got that gun. I would have blasted too...
(08-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Once it stops being the norm among Trump supporters, I'll gladly shift my opinion. I don't LIKE not trusting 40% of Americans to have a grasp on reality. It doesn't feel good.

I agree.  That 40% on the left does not live in reality.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
(08-27-2020, 05:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I gotta be honest, I'm extraordinarily surprised to see that you agree with Joe on this. Most Trump supporters either outright deny the truth of police brutality of black people or otherwise attribute it to other factors (the whole 13/50 thing).

Good on you, Brad!

You shouldn't be surprised at all.

I voted for Trump and will do so again. But, I also agree with Joe and think that police reform and a lot of other things that go along with it need to take place.

The problem with nearly every issue we're facing as a nation is that no one is 100% right and no one is 100% wrong. Most people, regardless of the issue, tend to agree that there is an issue. We just all disagree on how to solve it. Unfortunately, for the easily influenced "sheeple" who only get their news from one sinular source, they are think everyone is one side or the other, because that's what they are told.

Nothing will change... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING... unless people are willing to actually put down their bias and open their ears. Right now, everyone wants to be heard, and no one wants to actually listen. 
Congratulations gentlemen.

Politicizing this thread has now made it locked...