Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Pace Tracker
Figured we could get a pace tracker thread going for Burrow. (We can expand this to select other players too if y'all want).

After 6 games, Burrow is on pace for:
Attempts - 493
Passing Yards - 4363
TDs - 40
INTs - 20
Rush Yards - 125

I'll keep updating this thread periodically through the season to see if he continues this pace, or it increases or decreases.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember when 4k yards was a big deal? With the changes to the game the last decade and now a 17th game that will probably be very pedestrian
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Figured we could get a pace tracker thread going for Burrow. (We can expand this to select other players too if y'all want).

Attempts - 493
Passing Yards - 4363
TDs - 40
Rush Yards - 125

I'll keep updating this thread periodically through the season to see if he continues this pace, or it increases or decreases.

That YPA is pretty ridiculous. Have to add in the picks as well, though. They are a part of the conversation.

INTs - 20
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Figured we could get a pace tracker thread going for Burrow. (We can expand this to select other players too if y'all want).

Attempts - 493
Passing Yards - 4363
TDs - 40
Rush Yards - 125

I dont really care, just get us a playoff win or 2. ...and a SB. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 02:48 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Remember when 4k yards was a big deal? With the changes to the game the last decade and now a 17th game that will probably be very pedestrian

Idk about “pedestrian” but 40 TD’s certainly wouldn’t be. Extra game or not.

Reply/Quote
In terms of a TD/INT ratio, let's compare these projections to the following season:

422/670, 5,177 yards, 7.7 y/a, 43 TDs, 19 INTs

Anyone want to have a guess at who this was?
Reply/Quote
When he's on pace to win a SB with the Bengals let me know.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:19 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: In terms of a TD/INT ratio, let's compare these projections to the following season:

Was it one of the 5 billion times Bress put up 5k yards and didn't win anything?
Reply/Quote
Good lord, folks. Yes, we all want to win the Super Bowl. No shit.

It's also good to have a grip of how our franchise quarterback is developing, and numbers provide one means of doing so. We could quite literally discard every post on the forum as "well this doesn't matter if it doesn't result in a Lombardi Trophy".
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:25 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: well this doesn't matter if it doesn't result in a Lombardi Trophy

I agree with you
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:26 PM)motoarch Wrote: I agree with you

Just FYI:

It's entirely possible that the Bengals could do everything right and still never win the title. If that's your attitude, you might consider finding a different hobby that isn't guaranteed by design to make you miserable in any situation short of a dynasty.

Yes, that was Drew Brees, by the way. The guy that won a Super Bowl with New Orleans to pull them out of an extremely long period of ineptitude worse than Cincinnati's.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:19 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: In terms of a TD/INT ratio, let's compare these projections to the following season:

I am going to guess Marino. I seem to remember him throwing a high number of picks in that 5k season.
Reply/Quote
For those who say they don't care unless/until the team is winning playoff games/Super Bowl, how do you assess individual performance?
Do you just keep anyone and everyone if the team wins in the postseason?
No, you assess who did well and who didn't based off metrics, as most people do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:29 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Just FYI:

It's entirely possible that the Bengals could do everything right and still never win the title. If that's your attitude, you might consider finding a different hobby that isn't guaranteed by design to make you miserable in any situation short of a dynasty.

Yes, that was Drew Brees, by the way. The guy that won a Super Bowl with New Orleans to pull them out of an extremely long period of ineptitude worse than Cincinnati's.

Dial back the rage boner dude.  

Stats are great but as a fan I don't think there is anything wrong with taking the attitude that I want to see the team I've put years of my life supporting be successful.

Did anyone ask for a dynasty?

I have seen the Reds win 1 World Series in my life that I was old enough to remember and enjoy.  I live in Connecticut where anything short of that is a failure for the Yankee fans.  Fan here think they deserve to win every single year.  Forget all the fake Pats fans I deal with that didn't even know the team existed prior to that first one over the Rams.

I just sit there and think how awesome it was to remember those moments when the Reds one and Im happy with that.

Thats all I want and at this point I'd be happy with a playoff win.  I'll never forgive Lewis Billups because thats the type of thing I remember.  Not who many TDs Carson Plamer or Eaison threw in a given year.

Don't tell me how to 'fan'.

EDIT: the Saints went 7-9 that season so yeah, who cares
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For those who say they don't care unless/until the team is winning playoff games/Super Bowl, how do you assess individual performance?
Do you just keep anyone and everyone if the team wins in the postseason?
No, you assess who did well and who didn't based off metrics, as most people do.

I don't make those decisions as I am not on the payroll.

Anyways sorry to dump on your thread that wasn't my goal.

I made a flippant comment for fun and it snowballed into something else.

Its actually a fun thread idea and I interested in seeing it progress.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk about “pedestrian” but 40 TD’s certainly wouldn’t be. Extra game or not.

40 TD’s would be a lot even with an extra game but he’s currently one of 8 QB’s with 14 or more TD’s (25% of league) and he’s 13th overall for passing yards.

Will be some very impressive #’s this year if this pace keeps up around the league. And that’s with Wilson injured.
Reply/Quote

Attempts - 493
Passing Yards - 4363
TDs - 40
INTs - 20
Rush Yards - 125

Definitely would like to see the INTs go down. I think they will too.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 04:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Definitely would like to see the INTs go down. I think they will too.

Agreed.  I think he started the season ready to prove something and got ahead of himself forcing a few throws.

Now I feel like he's settling in a little and he'll start making fewer mistakes.
Reply/Quote

Attempts - 493
Passing Yards - 4363
TDs - 40
INTs - 20
Rush Yards - 125

Your sig got me thinking about expanding the pace tracker to coaches.

Zac Taylor - 27.6% (10-27-1)

Projecting the current season's winning percentage of .667, Bengals will go 7-4 in remainder of regular season to put Zac at 17-31-1 (35.4%).  Throw in 2 wins and a loss in the playoffs, and Vince Lombardi II will stand at 19-32-1 (37.3%).
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 05:02 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Your sig got me thinking about expanding the pace tracker to coaches.

Zac Taylor - 27.6% (10-27-1)

Projecting the current season's winning percentage of .667, Bengals will go 7-4 in remainder of regular season to put Zac at 17-31-1 (35.4%).  Throw in 2 wins and a loss in the playoffs, and Vince Lombardi II will stand at 19-32-1 (37.3%).

27.6% win percentage and he still has as many playoff wins as Marvin Lewis in 16 years Hilarious
Reply/Quote