Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Pace Tracker
(10-19-2021, 03:19 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: In terms of a TD/INT ratio, let's compare these projections to the following season:

422/670, 5,177 yards, 7.7 y/a, 43 TDs, 19 INTs

Anyone want to have a guess at who this was?

Without even looking it up, this was Drew Brees.

I'm such a stats geek. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If he didn’t have those INT numbers, he’d be in way-too-early MVP discussions. He’s still got the chance to get into it though. He’s probably behind at least a half dozen QBs and Derrick Henry.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 07:45 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: If he didn’t have those INT numbers, he’d be in way-too-early MVP discussions. He’s still got the chance to get into it though. He’s probably behind at least a half dozen QBs and Derrick Henry.

Seriously how good is Derrick Henry. I saw a few people on facebook saying they didn't think he looked like an all time great. I am not sure what player they are watching. Dude has muscle and he is insanely fast, and not just for his size.

Henry reached a top speed of 21.8 mph on the run, the fastest top speed of any ball carrier so far this season. ... It's also fun to convert Henry's 21.8 mph to feet per second, so that you can compare him to the fastest players in MLB.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/10/19/bills-titans-derrick-henry-touchdown-sprint-speed-video#:~:text=Henry%20reached%20a%20top%20speed,carrier%20so%20far%20this%20season.&text=It's%20also%20fun%20to%20convert,the%20fastest%20players%20in%20MLB.

I am starting to wonder if someone made this dude in a lab   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Figured we could get a pace tracker thread going for Burrow. (We can expand this to select other players too if y'all want).

After 6 games, Burrow is on pace for:
Attempts - 493
Passing Yards - 4363
TDs - 40
INTs - 20
Rush Yards - 125

I'll keep updating this thread periodically through the season to see if he continues this pace, or it increases or decreases.

Good thread Ocho, Burrow needs to cut down on the INTs. Other than that he has been playing well.

I think he just gets better as the year goes on as he gets more comfortable.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:19 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: In terms of a TD/INT ratio, let's compare these projections to the following season:

I was going to say Mahomes but he threw like 50 td thst year
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:25 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: Henry reached a top speed of 21.8 mph on the run, the fastest top speed of any ball carrier so far this season. ... It's also fun to convert Henry's 21.8 mph to feet per second, so that you can compare him to the fastest players in MLB.

That just makes Usain Bolt's 27.8 mph even crazier.

Henry does have about 40 lbs on him, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:25 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: Seriously how good is Derrick Henry. I saw a few people on facebook saying they didn't think he looked like an all time great. I am not sure what player they are watching. Dude has muscle and he is insanely fast, and not just for his size.

Henry reached a top speed of 21.8 mph on the run, the fastest top speed of any ball carrier so far this season. ... It's also fun to convert Henry's 21.8 mph to feet per second, so that you can compare him to the fastest players in MLB.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/10/19/bills-titans-derrick-henry-touchdown-sprint-speed-video#:~:text=Henry%20reached%20a%20top%20speed,carrier%20so%20far%20this%20season.&text=It's%20also%20fun%20to%20convert,the%20fastest%20players%20in%20MLB.

I am starting to wonder if someone made this dude in a lab   Hilarious

I saw some highlights of his high school days a week ago. He had NO competition out there. He looked like a giant out there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 04:43 PM)motoarch Wrote: Agreed.  I think he started the season ready to prove something and got ahead of himself forcing a few throws.

Now I feel like he's settling in a little and he'll start making fewer mistakes.

I don't think he'll hit 20 either....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Speaking of speed…

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of speed…

Chase is just smooth and hits the gear at the time Burrow and him think is time. Uncommon chemistry.

But yeah, Chase is fast but a great router runner something Ruggs doesn't have a natural feel for yet.

Damn good company though. We all knew Ruggs was a burner.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of speed…

The first thing I noticed about Chase was how he exploded off the line in camp.

Just to my eyes, he looked faster off the line than any WR we've had, and I've been watching the team since 93.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Figured we could get a pace tracker thread going for Burrow. (We can expand this to select other players too if y'all want).

Attempts - 493
Passing Yards - 4363
TDs - 40
INTs - 20
Rush Yards - 125

I'll keep updating this thread periodically through the season to see if he continues this pace, or it increases or decreases.

Shouldn't we have completions on here too?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

Attempts - 493
Passing Yards - 4363
TDs - 40
INTs - 20
Rush Yards - 125

I am not a stat guy in the sense like so many others would hold a QB up on a pedestal for hitting 5,000 yards passing, when most of it is garbage against a team they are already beating by 21 points.  I get the "score every time you touch the ball", but the Bengals went in to a shell against the steelers and this weekend against Detroit once the game was out of hand and just relied on the defense.  

Joe could have had a lot more stats in both those games, but why risk an injury to him or someone like Chase getting tangled up on a deep pass in an irrelevant time of the game.  Get your backups in, get them some snaps, and protect your starters.  

Still, that being said, I believe those would all (not the rushing) be franchise records and likely the highest single season passer rating in franchise history.  

Not bad for your first 26 games.  
Reply/Quote

Brady?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:22 PM)motoarch Wrote: When he's on pace to win a SB with the Bengals let me know.

He's on pace to make the playoffs and although they wouldn't be favorites, I like my chances with this defense and Joe Burrow in the playoffs after another 10 games under his belt.  

Maybe winning Sunday will get more believing as he does.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 08:38 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Shouldn't we have completions on here too?

I didn't put things like completion percentage because that's not a raw number.
So if he's at 70.7% now, he could still be that at the end of the season.

You can do the math to multiply number of attempts by completion percentage to get the pace completions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's on pace to make the playoffs and although they wouldn't be favorites, I like my chances with this defense and Joe Burrow in the playoffs after another 10 games under his belt.  

Maybe winning Sunday will get more believing as he does.  

The AFC teams I currently expect to make the playoffs:
- Chargers
- Chiefs
- Ravens
- Browns
- Bills
- Titans

I keep forgetting there is the 7th spot now, but I'd say the Bengals do have a shot potentially at that, competing with the Raiders and maybe Steelers. Maybe the Colts find a way to turn their season around too and compete for the last playoff spot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The AFC teams I currently expect to make the playoffs:
- Chargers
- Chiefs
- Ravens
- Browns
- Bills
- Titans

I keep forgetting there is the 7th spot now, but I'd say the Bengals do have a shot potentially at that, competing with the Raiders and maybe Steelers. Maybe the Colts find a way to turn their season around too and compete for the last playoff spot.

The Browns were underachieving when they were healthy and are now decimated by injuries.  Mayfield, Chubb, and Hunt are all out tonight with OBJ, Clowney, both starting T's, and their starting C questionable. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The AFC teams I currently expect to make the playoffs:
- Chargers
- Chiefs
- Ravens
- Browns
- Bills
- Titans

There is a seventh spot and right now, the Bengals are ahead of the Browns....who are decimated by injuries.  I am pulling for Denver tonight.  Denver could be a threat, too, but if you look at their schedule, you will see a lot of losses.

The Raiders are probably the biggest head-to-head threat against the Bengals if everything continues as it has started, which is a stupid statement because it almost never does.  Someone falls off a cliff (pitt last year) and someone makes a crazy run (miam last year).  It is sure going to be fun to be in the thick of it.

If they can find a way to beat the Ratbirds, the door is wide open.  

Who Dey!   Can't fricking wait!
Reply/Quote

I would say Carson Palmer.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote