Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Press Conference time
It is scheduled for 9 AM. I presume the NFL network will carry it live

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I didn't get to see it. However, I was listening to 700wlw and they were praising his handling of the media. He claimed all the talk about him possibly not coming here was all their doing and that he didn't t thinking. Said the reason he has not said anything about committing to the Bengals was because the Bengals may fall in love with someone else. I've read a few posts in here with other members stating the same thing for quite sometime.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 08:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I didn't get to see it. However, I was listening to 700wlw and they were praising his handling of the media. He claimed all the talk about him possibly not coming here was all their doing and that he didn't t thinking. Said the reason he has not said anything about committing to the Bengals was because the Bengals may fall in love with someone else. I've read a few posts in here with other members stating the same thing for quite sometime.

Well, the "draft Chase Young" crew has been hoping for an opportunity to gain a little traction, since the CFB Playoffs and Championship.  For a couple weeks they had the fake news about Burrow not wanting to be a Bengal, and then it was that he's going to be a failure, because he doesn't have "gargantuan hands"..

Personally, I'm pleased to read that Joe seems quite content to become a Bengal, and just wants to get to work on winning football games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, the "draft Chase Young" crew has been hoping for an opportunity to gain a little traction, since the CFB Playoffs and Championship.  For a couple weeks they had the fake news about Burrow not wanting to be a Bengal, and then it was that he's going to be a failure, because he doesn't have "gargantuan hands"..

Personally, I'm pleased to read that Joe seems quite content to become a Bengal, and just wants to get to work on winning football games.

Good points. Another point mentioned which I heard was the media microscoping the Bengals because we were 2-14. When did the draft become so political? I don't recall it being this bad before, but then again, it's been awhile since we had the first pick. God forbid we get the 1st next year, we are going to have to post threads on 1st pick in P&R. LOL

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 08:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good points. Another point mentioned which I heard was the media microscoping the Bengals because we were 2-14. When did the draft become so political? I don't recall it being this bad before, but then again, it's been awhile since we had the first pick. God forbid we get the 1st next year, we are going to have to post threads on 1st pick in P&R. LOL

I was thinking the same thing. Oh well, it sounds like he wants to be here and that is all that matters. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: dont-ever-take-yourself-too-seriously-ke...info&w=600]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 08:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good points. Another point mentioned which I heard was the media microscoping the Bengals because we were 2-14. When did the draft become so political? I don't recall it being this bad before, but then again, it's been awhile since we had the first pick. God forbid we get the 1st next year, we are going to have to post threads on 1st pick in P&R. LOL

I wouldn't be too upset if for some reason every other lousy team had the greatest seasons of their existence and the bengals get the number 1 two years running by default with an 8-8 season. That would be awesome! Knowing our luck though there would be 12 teams win only 7 games when we win 8. I don't even know that kind of math is even possible, but it's fun to think about.. Hey, maybe next season's lousiest team trades their number 1 for Glenn or even Dalton. We'd all be pissing the bed before bedtime and being completely dehydrated for a week straight. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

they weren't warning any QBs to turn down Cleveland after they went 0-16 and 1-31   so not sure why the narrative got turned on us.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 05:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they weren't warning any QBs to turn down Cleveland after they went 0-16 and 1-31   so not sure why the narrative got turned on us.

Hard to tell. Were the Browns making FA moves prior to drafting the midget? Was he expected to start out the gate? Who knows why it's just beginning with us? I think most of it is Carsons interview and Mike Browns reputation which could be the culprit, but unsure to be honest.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 05:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they weren't warning any QBs to turn down Cleveland after they went 0-16 and 1-31   so not sure why the narrative got turned on us.

Probably cause the Steelers weren't worried about the Browns getting better than them.

This sure sounds like Steeler fans in the media. We all know Florio is a Steeler fan.

We aren't near as far away as the Browns were and it shown again last season when everyone was fawning over them to win 
the Superbowl and they couldn't even make the playoffs with that "fantastic" roster. Sure, we never beat the Steelers often with
Marv but we did knock them out of the Playoffs once or twice and won the Division multiple times.

Think them Steelers be scurred of Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 08:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably cause the Steelers weren't worried about the Browns getting better than them.

This sure sounds like Steeler fans in the media. We all know Florio is a Steeler fan.

We aren't near as far away as the Browns were and it shown again last season when everyone was fawning over them to win 
the Superbowl and they couldn't even make the playoffs with that "fantastic" roster. Sure, we never beat the Steelers often with
Marv but we did knock them out of the Playoffs once or twice and won the Division multiple times.

Think them Steelers be scurred of Joe Burrow.

stoolers ain.t got no scurred! Hilarious

Reply/Quote

Because Burrow is a special player, and nobody cared where Mayfield, Darnold, or Allen went. Lol

Reply/Quote

Because they knew they browns would still suck. The Bengals are a few players away from being solid and some people hate the idea of having  another decent team. It's easier when there's 5-6 good teams, 5-6 perpetual losers and everyone else just idles along. We weren't a threat under Marvin, we were idling along. Hell, in some regards we were perpetual losers. If Marvin got us into the playoffs, you could always talk about who our opponent would be playing in the next round.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 04:56 AM)Benton Wrote: Because they knew they browns would still suck. The Bengals are a few players away from being solid and some people hate the idea of having  another decent team. It's easier when there's 5-6 good teams, 5-6 perpetual losers and everyone else just idles along. We weren't a threat under Marvin, we were idling along. Hell, in some regards we were perpetual losers. If Marvin got us into the playoffs, you could always talk about who our opponent would be playing in the next round.

Yeah Benton, kind of what I said. With Burrow we add the essential piece, a QB that wins big games.

Burrow ain't scurred, Steelers be scurred... Mellow
Reply/Quote