Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Goodberry breaks down the issues with Burrow
It's concerning.... there needs to be well scripted plays built to get easy first downs that will build confidence.

It was evident as the TV kept going to him on the sidelines he looks out of it.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 01:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This is the 1st time JB has faced any kind
Of adversity in football on any level in regards
To the game on the field
In high school he was heads and shoulders
Above most of his competitors
At LSU...dominated set records
2020...knee Injury ..came back from
Rehab to engineer a SB team
But these 1st 2 games of 2022, he has
Never had a similar experience previously
So now Joe's issue is 100% mental

As sled said he had plenty at tOSU. Joe Burrow has not always been Joe Montana
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 01:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: Goodberry did a good job. This is a very coachable issue. The unusual part is he is doing this out of the gate. If this WERE due to pressure and such it should emerge during the season not right out of the gate when he did not play at all in preseason.

Nail meet hammer

He was as you say doing this right out of the gate. And moreover, it's not like he didn't have plenty of lookout blocks last year.

Perhaps the surgery set him back more than anybody thought it would, including Joe. The lack of familiarity with the Oline/no preseason. The interceptions trying to do too much have got in his head. I dunno ?

I have full faith he'll recover and go back to being old Joe, he's to head strong not to.

Hopefully they can put this start behind them and get some stuff ironed out, fast.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think he's having women problems. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 03:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he's having women problems. Nervous

Funny you mention that, because watching the game Sunday that crossed my mind.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 03:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he's having women problems. Nervous

He has opitions, unlike most men.

Women aren’t the problem.
Reply/Quote
Lack of reps is Burrows issue along with the injury he is most likely tucking ball sooner expecting a hit and protecting himself. Once his body has fully healed, we should see the old Joe.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 12:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Joe is getting out of a throwing stance and into a running stance to quickly, knees bent head down. He just doesn't seem to be reading what's right there in front of him, check downs were open on several plays, couple wide open. He's going thru his progressions in slow motion, what used to be one of his best attributes.

He's playing scared looking where he can bail as soon as he feels slightest pressure. It's like he's went backwards 5 years in his maturity as a player. Goodberry even compared him to Andy Dalton looking plays.

it doesn't take a goodberry to say burrow was looking like Andy dalton out there, most of us in GameDay thread referenced it lol. there was a sack burrow took that I just outright said Burrow sucks. Joe is lying if he ever says he's 100%, he is underweight. I think it will be months for him to get back to "playing weight".
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 05:42 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He has opitions, unlike most men.

Women aren’t the problem.

He's in a long term relationship, you never know what's going on.... he deleted all his social media. So is he just cutting the distraction of fans turning on him already out of his life, or something else going on? Hard to say, could be a millions things.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 01:05 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: The scoring drive when they scored and got the 2pt. he looked like the Joe of old, seemed to me because he had time as the Dallas D wasn't all over him. The Oline blocked pretty well. Lots of those clips showed the D in his face before the receivers could run their routes. Missed assignments, missed communication whatever it was he was feeling pressure and bolted. Yes he did miss some dump off passes he could have made and that makes it look worse but he is scrambling out most of the time. The Oline and blocking just looks out of sync.

Agree.  He had more time.  I was at the game and Dallas rushed only 3 a bunch on that last drive for some reason so he had more time.  If you watch the early game analysis he could never get his feet set.  That is seriously how bad the O line is right now.  No way he can go through progressions. 

It has to be a combination of coaching and a line that is out of sync due to all the new people.  Better get it together and fast or this year is going to be a throw away.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 09:08 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Agree.  He had more time.  I was at the game and Dallas rushed only 3 a bunch on that last drive for some reason so he had more time.  If you watch the early game analysis he could never get his feet set.  That is seriously how bad the O line is right now.  No way he can go through progressions. 

It has to be a combination of coaching and a line that is out of sync due to all the new people.  Better get it together and fast or this year is going to be a throw away.

Their DL was completely exhausted. They didn't even try to rush the QB at the end of that drive. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Not believing any of this...
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 12:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Joe is getting out of a throwing stance and into a running stance to quickly, knees bent head down. He just doesn't seem to be reading what's right there in front of him, check downs were open on several plays, couple wide open. He's going thru his progressions in slow motion, what used to be one of his best attributes.

He's playing scared looking where he can bail as soon as he feels slightest pressure. It's like he's went backwards 5 years in his maturity as a player. Goodberry even compared him to Andy Dalton looking plays.

Thanks! Rep to you, good sir!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 02:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: As sled said he had plenty at tOSU.  Joe Burrow has not always been Joe Montana

Well, the good news is, look how good he became after he left OSU. ThumbsUp 

Wait. Nervous 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 08:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's in a long term relationship, you never know what's going on.... he deleted all his social media. So is he just cutting the distraction of fans turning on him already out of his life, or something else going on? Hard to say, could be a millions things.

Maybe he's "got 99 problems, and they all b*tches." As his boy Kid Cudi would say. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 09:19 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Not believing any of this...

What does that mean? Like you're in shock or think Goodberry is lying/wrong?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 08:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's in a long term relationship, you never know what's going on.... he deleted all his social media. So is he just cutting the distraction of fans turning on him already out of his life, or something else going on? Hard to say, could be a millions things.

He talked about this in the press conference and his interview with Cowherd. He said he is a private guy and doesn't like to share much. He also wants to stay focused during the season, so he deletes his social media from his phone to keep from being distracted. That's a pretty reasonable explanation, plenty of athletes do this. I don't see any reason to think he is lying and immediately assume he is having issues with his girlfriend. 
Reply/Quote
If JB and Bengals are a slow starting team and don't get going till the 2nd half that is a major problem. They get down 2 scores and have to play catch up relying on their D to put out fires. So the D is asked to make too many big stops when the O should have been on the field. So much for any game plan. Now opposing teams know they are in pass mode and send rushers at Joe. Did I read that the Bengals have not had a lead in either game so far?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 02:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nail meet hammer

He was as you say doing this right out of the gate. And moreover, it's not like he didn't have plenty of lookout blocks last year.

Perhaps the surgery set him back more than anybody thought it would, including Joe. The lack of familiarity with the Oline/no preseason. The interceptions trying to do too much have got in his head. I dunno ?

I have full faith he'll recover and go back to being old Joe, he's to head strong not to.

Hopefully they can put this start behind them and get some stuff ironed out, fast.

Yep. Out of the gate is a headscratcher. Like joe said, it would manifest itself more as the season wears on, not right out of the starting blocks. As Dalton has been mentioned, in 2016 he opened up getting sacked seven times at NYJ, but threw for over 350 and a TD or two with no picks. As that season wore on, he got worse and worse with each passing week. That year was the beginning of the oline woes, and it still ain't fixed.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 01:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Great point about how the 4 interceptions may have effected him. I think this is a point that is being glossed over. 

He is trying to take care of the ball more but in doing so he's basically not trusting himself and what makes him great. 

In one of his pressers, he mentioned the turnovers not being an issue on Sunday. I think you guys are spot on there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote