Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Press Conference
Joe - Take a deep breath and relax...
https://youtu.be/jxem1cGpBDo
Reply/Quote
Relax? Better not say that around these parts….

The sky is falling, the world has ended. Those are the only acceptable takes 2 games after a SB run
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a big fan of press conferences because you only get coach speak. I didn't watch it all but I'm not a big fan of looking at check downs as just a win for the defense. Because one of the check downs he didn't throw was a wide open Chase and that can turn into +15yds easy. Also checking down to Mixon or other running backs forces the defense to play that and may leave more openings in the back end later. I'm glad no one's panicking but we are one loss away from our season basically being over.
Reply/Quote
LOVE IT!

He's so calm and not shitting on his teammates (linemen) even though everyone knows that they've been horrible!

It does sound a lot like coach-speak but he's just being a leader and is talking about how to improve the team!

I love that he's staying positive!

It gives me hope!
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Marvin
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sounds like Marvin

How mad would folks be if Zac said this?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 05:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not a big fan of press conferences because you only get coach speak. I didn't watch it all but I'm not a big fan of looking at check downs as just a win for the defense. Because one of the check downs he didn't throw was a wide open Chase and that can turn into +15yds easy. Also checking down to Mixon or other running backs forces the defense to play that and may leave more openings in the back end later. I'm glad no one's panicking but we are one loss away from our season basically being over.

Are crossing patterns and slants check downs? Getting Chase the ball in space seems like a win for the offense.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 09:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are crossing patterns and slants check downs?  Getting Chase the ball in space seems like a win for the offense.

There were some plays were burrow either got sacked or ran that he had some guys short that were open. Even the play were he started to run thru and got it batted out of his hands he had Mixon 5yds right in front of him. 

Really more than anything we need to protect better. I think Joe's bad play is made worse by the line and the line is made worse by Joe's bad play. If we can really just get rid of the gaffes in protection. Letting parsons come unblocked, asking a te to block a DE ,Mixon running into Jonah and not helping the tackles out enough. Without those gaffes we probably when this game and 2 were coaching decisions.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 05:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Relax? Better not say that around these parts….

The sky is falling, the world has ended. Those are the only acceptable takes 2 games after a SB run

We're 1 game away from possibly kissing playoffs goodbye...3 games into the season. Now some people wouldn't complain about having hours back in their Sunday but it's not what I (or anyone here) would prefer. 
Reply/Quote
We need boring short to intermediate throws and good runs to get touchdowns early in games. When we have a 2-touchdown led or 10 point led then he can be the cigar smoking guy that airs it out. Long boring drives is what we need to start games out with they will produce points.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 11:10 PM)TheFan Wrote:
We're 1 game away from possibly kissing playoffs goodbye
...3 games into the season. Now some people wouldn't complain about having hours back in their Sunday but it's not what I (or anyone here) would prefer. 

We're also one game away from being in the Division lead. To say we are close to missing the playoffs is lunacy. 14 games left and we are 1 game behind the rest of the division. I don't know how people get through life giving up so easily. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 08:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We're also one game away from being in the Division lead. To say we are close to missing the playoffs is lunacy. 14 games left and we are 1 game behind the rest of the division. I don't know how people get through life giving up so easily. 

Because only 6 teams in the last 40+ years have made the playoffs after starting 0-3. It has nothing to do with giving up, it has to do with using sense. Obviously those stats could change with the 1 extra game but starting 0-3 is basically a death sentence for your playoff hopes. That's just the way the NFL is. 

Obviously if we win that's totally different...hence why I said "possibly". 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 09:49 AM)TheFan Wrote: Because only 6 teams in the last 40+ years have made the playoffs after starting 0-3. 

You know why? Because the vast majority of teams that start 0-3 are BAD teams. Now, if we start 0-3, that could mean we are a bad team, sure. And honestly, I wouldn't blame those who thought we were. But, it also could just mean a bad start and we still end up winning 10-12 games. 

Wasn't there a team that once started like 0-6 or something then won the rest of their games and made the playoffs?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:03 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Wasn't there a team that once started like 0-6 or something then won the rest of their games and made the playoffs?

No. The worst start by any team that made the playoffs was 0-4 back in the 90's. If you start 0-3, your playoff chances drop to roughly 3%. If you drop to 0-4, your playoff chances are <1%. Anything worse and your chances basically round to zero. 
Reply/Quote