Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burrow Recruiting Collins
I will continue to hope that things work out. Guess we will see when more details come out with us or when he signs with Miami

If he is healthy and we let him go to another team with less money what does that say to Joe? Sorry Joe the Dolphins want to win a little more. We want to be "smart". The smartest thing we can do with our money is protect 9 or HE wont want to be here. I don't want Carson Palmer to be right! Go all out and open you freaking checkbook! (Again this is assuming he left because of loot and not a physical)
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Signed:
Karras - C
Cappa - RG
Hurst - TE
BJ Hill - DT
Apple - CB
Bates - S (franchised)
Allen - QB

Lost:
Ogunjobi - DT
Uzomah - TE
Hopkins - C

I may be leaving out a couple

Mike Thomas
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so the answer is yes.. he was in and out of lineup

No, he chose to have surgery on an injured hip that he could have played on. Missed the season and upon return he sat out the first 5 games for the suspension.

In and out does not imply that.  A short term contract for a top RT makes zero sense. He will just destroys us dollar wise after 2 seasons like Armstead, apparently you dont realize what we have coming at that time?   If he isnt healthy dont sign him.

It is good that you are finally doing some research though...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:34 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Bengals don’t have to resign during their rookie years. Think burrow will sit out of he doesn’t get a new contract? Me neither. I think my scenario is more likely.

Sure, tell Burrow that you're going to pick up his 5th year option and "deal with it". You sound like a master negotiator, I apologize for questioning your acumen good sir. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:41 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I will continue to hope that things work out. Guess we will see when more details come out with us or when he signs with Miami

If he is healthy and we let him go to another team with less money what does that say to Joe? Sorry Joe the Dolphins want to win a little more. We want to be "smart". The smartest thing we can do with our money is protect 9 or HE wont want to be here. I don't want Carson Palmer to be right! Go all out and open you freaking checkbook! (Again this is assuming he left because of loot and not a physical)

If La’el Collins left Cincinnati to get more loot then let him go. I want someone who is all in to protect Joe Burrow and block for Joe Mixon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man. You guys kill me, it has to make sense, you can’t sign all these guys every time. We have to make sure we are good to keep other core players intact. We made it to the SB with a crap line that has been upgraded. It’s still not the best, but it is upgraded, and we still have the draft and other avenues! Give it a rest on this crap!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sure, tell Burrow that you're going to pick up his 5th year option and "deal with it". You sound like a master negotiator, I apologize for questioning your acumen good sir. 

And feel free to tell him you could not afford a RT he needs too. Cause he will also leave
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sure, tell Burrow that you're going to pick up his 5th year option and "deal with it". You sound like a master negotiator, I apologize for questioning your acumen good sir. 

Lol you said they may resign him next year. That’s not happening
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If La’el Collins left Cincinnati to get more loot then let him go.  I want someone who is all in to protect Joe Burrow and block for Joe Mixon.

What?

Everyone wants what they can get. We should pay the best players available to protect Joe. Not take the attitude of they want more money! Go somewhere else! We can find 3 scrubs for that contract! 3 scrubs don't make a man
Reply/Quote
All this panic due to him leaving the building, maybe he just went shopping as per the twitter pic whilst his agent finishes the deal.
We all need to relax until he signs a deal, either with us or somewhere else
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:44 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Lol you said they may resign him next year. That’s not happening

They very well might. It’s more likely he gets an extension after his 4th season, but there is a precedent set for an elite QB getting an extension after year three. It’s not like I’m pulling that out of thin air lol. Both Mahomes and Josh Allen went through this very recently.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:46 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: All this panic due to him leaving the building, maybe he just went shopping as per the twitter pic whilst his agent finishes the deal.
We all need to relax until he signs a deal, either with us or somewhere else

Can you blame them/me? I have seen this movie before. Like 35 times. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Signed:
Karras - C
Cappa - RG
Hurst - TE
BJ Hill - DT
Apple - CB
Bates - S (franchised)
Allen - QB

Lost:
Ogunjobi - DT
Uzomah - TE
Hopkins - C

I may be leaving out a couple

Thanks man.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:43 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Man. You guys kill me,  it has to make sense,  you can’t sign all these guys every time.  We have to make sure we are good to keep other core players intact. We made it to the SB with a crap line that has been upgraded.  It’s still not the best, but it is upgraded, and we still have the draft and other avenues!  Give it a rest on this crap!

We don't know if it's upgraded. RT and LG are open.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We don't know if it's upgraded. RT and LG are open.

The weakest spot (RG) is certainly upgraded. And I seriously doubt they’re done even if they don’t sign Collins.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:45 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: What?

Everyone wants what they can get. We should pay the best players available to protect Joe. Not take the attitude of they want more money! Go somewhere else! We can find 3 scrubs for that contract! 3 scrubs don't make a man

Yes. It's a total myth that players will take less money to play with Burrow.

And I really like Burrow, but there are 5-6 great QBs in the AFC alone.

It's going to be a race to build lines and pass rushes. Look at the AFC West teams adding pass rushers.
Reply/Quote
Another RED FLAG.... Collins is out drinking with Bengals fans in the middle of the day...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:41 PM)CloeHokie Wrote:  Sorry Joe the Dolphins want to win a little more.

Did you stop to think how silly this sounds?

We went to the Super Bowl and have made the playoffs 7 times in the last 13 years.  It has been six years since the Dolphins made the playoffs and they have only been twice in the last 20 years.

You really want to play the "Dolphins shame the Bengals" card?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:47 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Can you blame them/me? I have seen this movie before. Like 35 times. 

Yeah so have I but there is absolutely nothing anyone can do until its official.
We have already made big strides forward to protect Joe with the 2 guys we just signed and we aren't finished in FA and still have the draft to go.
All I am saying is, Just relax and let the chips fall.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 04:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Another RED FLAG.... Collins is out drinking with Bengals fans in the middle of the day...

Celebrating a physical with Bengal Jim?

Edit: oh crap I didn't look close enough
Reply/Quote