Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow Rehab time / QB options
I been watching bunch of Doctor posted videos on Burrow. The consensus on 99% of them is he wont be back till 2022 because of the severity of the injury and structural damage.. I was watching some ESPN and they said something about cincy drafting another QB, but not until the 2and round.. I really really like Kyle Trask from Florida..Big, durable, accurate, and a huge arm.. If they went this route you could either trade Trask in a year or Burrow depending on how it all works out. Don't crucify me over this either. Just something to look into...

https://youtu.be/vrDK_Pc4mF0
Good video of a doctor on Burrows injury...
Reply/Quote
Horrible idea.
Reply/Quote
Trask looks good. Burrow will be playing next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
People actually still watch ESPN?

Reply/Quote
What I'm really worried about is that we try and rush Joe back to quickly.
we all know that this year is finished and if they stick with Finlay as QB we will be picking 1st in 2022 as I can't see Joe playing next season at all unless its towards the end of next season
Reply/Quote
If Burrow can't start 2021, sign a veteran to fill in, and if the Bengals are still in realistic contention when Burrow is ready(if it is in-fact at some point next season) re-insert Joe back into the lineup(If we have a competent offensive line that can provide a clean pocket).
Reply/Quote
Damn, it's like we have to write off next year already and we ain't done with this one? WTF?

EDIT: This is for realz 2020 carrying over to 2021. GEEEEEZ!

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:25 PM)740Bengal Wrote: If Burrow can't start 2021, sign a veteran to fill in, and if the Bengals are still in realistic contention when Burrow is ready(if it is in-fact at some point next season) re-insert Joe back into the lineup(If we have a competent offensive line that can provide a clean pocket).

if ZT's job is safe we might as well all just go to the house, either that or learn to self-medicate.  Alcohol helps. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:09 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: What I'm really worried about is that we try and rush Joe back to quickly.
we all know that this year is finished and if they stick with Finlay as QB we will be picking 1st in 2022 as I can't see Joe playing next season at all unless its towards the end of next season

Ya. Alot of people don't seem to understand this.. You can't rush back from this serious of an injury. It's gonna take him alot of time to be confident again.. Hell, Genos wasnt this bad and look how long it took for him. On top of that, did he ever really look like himself again? All I'm saying is its 2 more years of losing if something isn't done at QB and if said QB balls out, he could be trade bait for high multiple picks or Burrow, depending how it goes..
Reply/Quote
Joe will be back precisely when he’s ready. There’s really no need to worry about “rushing him.” He’s either medically cleared or he’s not. Palmer suffered a similar injury in January of 06 and was ready by September of 06.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:52 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya. Alot of people don't seem to understand this.. You can't rush back from this serious of an injury. It's gonna take him alot of time to be confident again.. Hell, Genos wasnt this bad and look how long it took for him. On top of that, did he ever really look like himself again? All I'm saying is its 2 more years of losing if something isn't done at QB and if said QB balls out, he could be trade bait for high multiple picks or Burrow, depending how it goes..

It probably would be better to compare him to QBs who've had similar injuries, not a DT who uses their legs exponentially more on every play than a QB's lead leg. Looking at people like Wentz, Watson, Brady, Carson, etc. Not sure where we are getting this 2022. At worst he misses SOME games next year. We are not drafting another QB. An experienced vet, hopefully, new shiny QB to get injured again, no way. 
Reply/Quote
Where are people getting this 2022? Carson Wentz had a very similar injury in December of 2017... The year they won the Super Bowl. He was back early 2018.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:25 PM)740Bengal Wrote: If Burrow can't start 2021, sign a veteran to fill in, and if the Bengals are still in realistic contention when Burrow is ready(if it is in-fact at some point next season) re-insert Joe back into the lineup(If we have a competent offensive line that can provide a clean pocket).

Agreed, Fitzpatrick will be a FA at the conclusion of this year.  He can definitely cover the team until Joe is ready to come back.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This all depends on if the FO wants to be competitive next year.

If so, ZT and his Clown Troop will be gone and the Bengals draft a competant QB that can win games until JoeyB gets back. Then you have a situation like NOLA has with Taysom Hill.

If not Zac stays, Finley is your QB and we draft #1OA again...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
This is cracking me up how people are working themselves into a frenzy that Burrow isn't going to be back till 2051 and he'll never have kids again. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:17 PM)JSR18 Wrote: This all depends on if the FO wants to be competitive next year.

If so, ZT and his Clown Troop will be gone and the Bengals draft a competant QB that can win games until JoeyB gets back. Then you have a situation like NOLA has with Taysom Hill.

If not, Zac stays, Finley is your QB and we draft #1OA again...

The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 07:26 PM)Tony Wrote: I been watching bunch of Doctor posted videos on Burrow. The consensus on 99% of them is he wont be back till 2022 because of the severity of the injury and structural damage.

LInks please.

This sound like total bullshit to me.  QBs come back from these type of injuries in a year all the time.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn, it's like we have to write off next year already and we ain't done with this one? WTF?

EDIT: This is for realz 2020 carrying over to 2021. GEEEEEZ!

It's killing me too.. Joe's my favorite player. I'm just mulling over the options they would have in this shitty time we are in at the moment...
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: LInks please.

This sound like total bullshit to me.  QBs come back from these type of injuries in a year all the time.

I gave a link but here u go...
https://youtu.be/vrDK_Pc4mF0
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:08 PM)jason Wrote: Where are people getting this 2022? Carson Wentz had a very similar injury in December of 2017... The year they won the Super Bowl. He was back early 2018.

Burrows is way worst. Watch the link I gave or the 100 other doctor videos about it on youtube... Each case is different too.. Burrow has a ton of damage.. He might not even be able to get surgery for a few months till the swelling goes down...
Reply/Quote