Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Sees Things Others Don't...
I will quote what was said in his presser:

Hobson: On the TD pass to Mixon, coming out of the huddle, you said something to him; was it a little (not important)?
Burrow: I'm gonna leave that one on the field. But I can definitely tell you that what I told him, helped him score.

Just like the whole, "when you get a specific ball, you want to hold on to it," comment, I feel that he's on a completely and unquestionably different level than almost anyone on the field.

It's too early to call of course, but I sincerely think that between his performance, intangibles, what he talks about and his prep/focus, we have a generational player on our hands and by the time it's all said and done, he'll be talked about in the same breath as Manning.

Not a doubt in my mind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s special. There’s absolutely no denying
it.

If feels great to be excited about the future of the Bengals again.

Reply/Quote
Funny I interpreted it as a motivational word not a tactical word. Like “it’s yo turn boiii get it mang”... I like your interpretation better!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I will quote what was said in his presser:

Hobson: On the TD pass to Mixon, coming out of the huddle, you said something to him; was it a little (not important)?
Burrow: I'm gonna leave that one on the field. But I can definitely tell you that what I told him, helped him score.

Just like the whole, "when you get a specific ball, you want to hold on to it," comment, I feel that he's on a completely and unquestionably different level than almost anyone on the field.

It's too early to call of course, but I sincerely think that between his performance, intangibles, what he talks about and his prep/focus, we have a generational player on our hands and by the time it's all said and done, he'll be talked about in the same breath as Manning.

Not a doubt in my mind.

I watched it several times, and I think Burrow might have told Mixon that he will be looking off the safety, but is coming to him so be ready.  Joe manipulates with his eyes.  He's like a 10 year vet.  Amazing. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I watched it several times, and I think Burrow might have told Mixon that he will be looking off the safety, but is coming to him so be ready.  Joe manipulates with his eyes.  He's like a 10 year vet.  Amazing. 

He is learning the elite level at an astonishing rate. Maybe the bad OL is helping him with that because, well, he has no other choice. He will be crazy good once we can protect him on a continuous basis. Kid is something special.

Reply/Quote
How many times have you heard it said "he's such a hard worker" ? Joe takes that to another level, he lives it.

"I'm all about ball"
Reply/Quote
Even with our crappy line did I not read he is the first rookie to throw for over 300 yds in 3 consecutive games?
Reply/Quote
I saw that when watching the game. As soon as he saw the defense personnel group he turned and told Joe something.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:43 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He is learning the elite level at an astonishing rate. Maybe the bad OL is helping him with that because, well, he has no other choice. He will be crazy good once we can protect him on a continuous basis. Kid is something special.

I swear I don't think there is a defense now that can keep Burrow to under 30 points.  He will have a great test Sunday.  Amazing after just four games.  Put a 40-burger on the Ratbirds and get a win and they will be building a statue of him outside PBS.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 11:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I swear I don't think there is a defense now that can keep Burrow to under 30 points.  He will have a great test Sunday.  Amazing after just four games.  Put a 40-burger on the Ratbirds and get a win and they will be building a statue of him outside PBS.  

The only way he gets a statue is if one with MB is next to him with his left hand around Burrow's shoulder and the right hand holding free breakfast coupons for Denny's. Burrow will be in the Heisman stance with the football in one hand and keys to the company station wagon in the other.

Reply/Quote
I tend to believe this theory on what he told Mixon:

Reply/Quote
Man all these amazing things Joe can do. All these things Joe sees.

If he only had that deep ball...
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Man all these amazing things Joe can do. All these things Joe sees.

It’ll come. Right now Tee is the only guy even capable of completing one to and he’s not had the best hands in the world on a few of them. If the WR’s ever start to actually get some separation Burrow will be able to put it out in front of them. Hell that one yesterday to AJ should have been a TD if he didn’t look like a geriatric out there.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:18 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Funny I interpreted it as a motivational word not a tactical word. Like “it’s yo turn boiii get it mang”... I like your interpretation better!

When he said, "I'll leave it on the field," I immediately took that as tactics; I don't see him as the rah-rah type, so if he does open his mouth, it's about the game and tactics.

Just a well-oiled machine.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell that one yesterday to AJ should have been a TD if he didn’t look like a geriatric out there.

I want to look at that one again. Joe put the ball on the sideline and AJ was about 5 yards inside. I'm wondering if it was a bad route or the two not on the same page because AJ had a couple steps on the defender but the ball went to the wrong spot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Man all these amazing things Joe can do. All these things Joe sees.

If he only had receivers to get open deep and actually catch the ball.  It will come.  I think Boyd actually deserves a few of these routes.  Teams will try to sit on him in the middle, so why not have one more cut and head deep?  I remember Housh didn't go deep that often but when he did it was a big play.  Part of that success was teams selling out to cover Chad.  
Reply/Quote
The mental part of his game is what makes him the player that he is. Sure, he is accurate and has good enough zip on the ball, but his study and football acumen are off the charts.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I want to look at that one again. Joe put the ball on the sideline and AJ was about 5 yards inside. I'm wondering if it was a bad route or the two not on the same page because AJ had a couple steps on the defender but the ball went to the wrong spot.

(10-05-2020, 01:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If he only had receivers to get open deep and actually catch the ball.  It will come.  I think Boyd actually deserves a few of these routes.  Teams will try to sit on him in the middle, so why not have one more cut and head deep?  I remember Housh didn't go deep that often but when he did it was a big play.  Part of that success was teams selling out to cover Chad.  

This was a dig at another thread lol
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 11:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:
I swear I don't think there is a defense now that can keep Burrow to under 30 points.
  He will have a great test Sunday.  Amazing after just four games.  Put a 40-burger on the Ratbirds and get a win and they will be building a statue of him outside PBS.  

Really?

He runs the 20th ranked offense in the NFL.

I love Joe's progress, but there is also 10 other guys out there. And there is a defense that can't stop the run so the question becomes Sunday against the Ravens, can our offense get on the field or will Ravens control T.O.P.

If so, Joe better be better than 2 for 20 in throws over 20 yards, Joe and the offense has shown no quick strike ability yet.

But, I hope you are correct and I am wrong, but I think Ravens beat us like 34 to 17 Sunday. We are not that good yet as a team and they are.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 02:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Really?

He runs the 20th ranked offense in the NFL.

I love Joe's progress, but there is also 10 other guys out there. And there is a defense that can't stop the run so the question becomes Sunday against the Ravens, can our offense get on the field or will Ravens control T.O.P.

If so, Joe better be better than 2 for 20 in throws over 20 yards, Joe and the offense has shown no quick strike ability yet.

But, I hope you are correct and I am wrong, but I think Ravens beat us like 34 to 17 Sunday. We are not that good yet as a team and they are.

Is that based on total points?  Look at his last three games (throw out the first game where there were more drops and a BS penalty) and he is averaging over 300 yards and 30 points against Philly, Cleveland, and Jax...You could argue those three teams aren't the best teams but honestly, who has the best defenses right now?  pitt?  Baltimore?  

And the quick strike ability you are referring to will come as teams start to bring up another player to stop the run. If there are always two deep safeties, you have to eat underneath.  

I would be surprised (pleasantly) if the Bengals won the game, but that is largely because of the ineptitude for the defense to stop the run.  I think Burrow will put up at least 28 points.  If not for a very questionable penalty week 1, yesterday that took Boyd's TD away, and an incredible play by Myles Jack, the Bengals have another 21 points on the board in just three games, bringing their average point total to well above 30 points.

He is getting better every week.  If he gets better again and the defense does anything, the Bengals have a real shot at winning.  
Reply/Quote