Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Sees Things Others Don't...
(10-05-2020, 12:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Man all these amazing things Joe can do. All these things Joe sees.

If he only had that deep ball...

Funny you say that, on the first deep ball he threw Sunday ( don't remember who it was to) it was an incompletion, but I remember thinking to my self how good that ball looked sailing down the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 02:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Really?

He runs the 20th ranked offense in the NFL.

I love Joe's progress, but there is also 10 other guys out there. And there is a defense that can't stop the run so the question becomes Sunday against the Ravens, can our offense get on the field or will Ravens control T.O.P.

If so, Joe better be better than 2 for 20 in throws over 20 yards, Joe and the offense has shown no quick strike ability yet.

But, I hope you are correct and I am wrong, but I think Ravens beat us like 34 to 17 Sunday. We are not that good yet as a team and they are.

On Burrow’s poor stat line for throws 20+ yards downfield, Tee Higgins has 3 drops off the top of my head, AJ has another. I know he did miss a couple in the first game. Some of its Burrow and some of its his receivers. Either way establishing some consistency with a deep ball would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Funny you say that, on the first deep ball he threw Sunday ( don't remember who it was to) it was an incompletion, but I remember thinking to my self how good that ball looked sailing down the field.

He's mocking a particular thread about his lousy deep ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:49 PM)McC Wrote: He's mocking a particular thread about his lousy deep ball.

Ah, didn't catch that.... now I feel like Ross.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ah, didn't catch that.... now I feel like Ross.

Believe me, If you hadn't seen that thread at all, you're in a better place.  I wish I could go somewhere to unsee it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 10:58 PM)McC Wrote: Believe me, If you hadn't seen that thread at all, you're in a better place.  I wish I could go somewhere to unsee it.

If thine eye offends thee...

No no no, don't actually DO it!
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I want to look at that one again. Joe put the ball on the sideline and AJ was about 5 yards inside. I'm wondering if it was a bad route or the two not on the same page because AJ had a couple steps on the defender but the ball went to the wrong spot.

I don't think AJ's been where he's supposed to be on some of his routes. Name one other WR that Burrow can't seem to connect with. (John Ross doesn't count.) 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:35 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I don't think AJ's been where he's supposed to be on some of his routes. Name one other WR that Burrow can't seem to connect with. (John Ross doesn't count.) 

I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid AJ is at the end of the line.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid AJ is at the end of the line.

I don't want to start a thread calling for his benching and would give him more time, but if you look at his completions vs. targets, he is our worst WR and it isn't even close.  Right now, until he is up to speed (assuming he can get there) he should be giving up snaps to Tate and Thomas.  
Reply/Quote
Now all we need if for BURROW to whisper those sweet words to the COACHES too. Hehe

Hopefull that'll get them going .
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid AJ is at the end of the line.

(10-06-2020, 09:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't want to start a thread calling for his benching and would give him more time, but if you look at his completions vs. targets, he is our worst WR and it isn't even close.  Right now, until he is up to speed (assuming he can get there) he should be giving up snaps to Tate and Thomas.  

Yeah, it's premature to say that he's "done," but he's not the same guy that we've all been amazed by over the years. Maybe it's rust that he can shake off in a couple more games. Maybe he has lost a step. As hard as it is to watch, I think he's got to continue getting reps, though I agree with Racer that he shouldn't get all of the reps. Tate and Thomas have both shown more this season than AJ has. Having said that, he did catch a game winner against the Chargers if not for a total BS call by the refs. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote