Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Sets Record! (And One Other Note)
Burrow had 289 yards in the first half, which is something that had never been done to a Bill Belichick team!

There's a petition taking off to rename the town to Foxburrow!

Hilarious

Our tackling was HORRIBLE! We'd hit them and they'd get two or three to yards before we could bring them down!

You could blame it on the cold but it was colder in Cincinnati today and we'll have to play in the cold if we have to go to Buffalo in the playoffs or if we get homefield advantage!!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
See practicing inside thread...... I kid people
Reply/Quote
Our defense won the game for us.  We did them no favors in the 2nd half, they got a huge turnover and a game ending stop.  Stevenson is a very difficult back to tackle, the guy had like 180 yards just last week, he had 30 today with a 2 yard average. 

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Our defense won the game for us.  We did them no favors in the 2nd half, they got a huge turnover and a game ending stop.  Stevenson is a very difficult back to tackle, the guy had like 180 yards just last week, he had 30 today with a 2 yard average. 

This. Plus they used Marcus Jones in some wild ways who is dynamic as it gets.

Burrow did have a fantastic first half though...
Reply/Quote
Burrow has thrown 34 TDs so far with two games left, and let's not forget that he moved ahead of Andy Dalton for the most touchdown passes in a single season in Bengals' history last year when he threw 34 TDs (Andy had 33 passing TDs in 2013). Burrow will play the next two games not matter what so he is going to break his own record.

Another one to keep our eyes on: Burrow already holds the record for the most yards passing in the history of the Bengals franchise in a season, with 4,611 yards last year. He already has 4260 yards this season, and there's two games left to be played. Make the math and he's 351 yards away from breaking another record.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Our defense won the game for us.  We did them no favors in the 2nd half, they got a huge turnover and a game ending stop.  Stevenson is a very difficult back to tackle, the guy had like 180 yards just last week, he had 30 today with a 2 yard average. 

(12-24-2022, 07:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This. Plus they used Marcus Jones in some wild ways who is dynamic as it gets.

Burrow did have a fantastic first half though...

I agree with both of you but our tackling was still pretty bad.

Reader was only credited with one tackle, which surprised me because I was impressed that he got a lot of pressure and it seemed like he was in on a lot of other plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree with both of you but our tackling was still pretty bad.

Reader was only credited with one tackle, which surprised me because I was impressed that he got a lot of pressure and it seemed like he was in on a lot of other plays.

I think DJ had another big game that wont show up on the stat sheet.

Reply/Quote
Amazing first half for the Bengals.I also felt like Zac took his foot off the gas in the second half,and sorta helped the Patriots get back in it.
Reply/Quote
Our first win in Mass since the Boomer era. Yet another back monkey dispatched!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:37 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Burrow has thrown 34 TDs so far with two games left, and let's not forget that he moved ahead of Andy Dalton for the most touchdown passes in a single season in Bengals' history last year when he threw 34 TDs (Andy had 33 passing TDs in 2013). Burrow will play the next two games not matter what so he is going to break his own record.

Another one to keep our eyes on: Burrow already holds the record for the most yards passing in the history of the Bengals franchise in a season, with 4,611 yards last year. He already has 4260 yards this season, and there's two games left to be played. Make the math and he's 351 yards away from breaking another record.

Nice, reps Bengalion, as I didn't know the yard numbers for Burrow. Thanks. Rock On

(12-24-2022, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree with both of you but our tackling was still pretty bad.

Need to tackle better, Vonn got my game ball but he needs to get lower on some of his tackling opportunities.

(12-24-2022, 07:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think DJ had another big game that wont show up on the stat sheet.

Yep, showed up once again when we really needed it. Love The Gravedigger and don't forget about Boot Hill with the recovery...

(12-24-2022, 08:11 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Amazing first half for the Bengals.I also felt like Zac took his foot off the gas in the second half,and sorta helped the Patriots get back in it.

Yeah, said in another thread reminded me of the Marv days and I didn't like it. Mellow

(12-24-2022, 08:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Our first win in Mass since the Boomer era.  Yet another back monkey dispatched!

Back Monkey Dispatched! Love that lol
Reply/Quote