Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow, Tua, or Herbert?
(11-26-2019, 09:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: ...what? At one point Suh was one of the 5 best defenders in the NFL. Honestly, his biggest issue was his off field issues that kept getting him in trouble and then his ego when he left Detroit. With that said, "Heisman Hype" isn't a draft evaluation. Suh did not come out graded as high as Young will and at a position of less impact nonetheless.

This, "Hey, remember that one guy? Yea see it may not work" thing can happen for any player by the way. Want me to do it for a QB? I can do it for O line if that's your cup of tea. Chase Young will come out graded as the highest graded defender we have seen in 10 years maybe outside Jalen Ramsey, but certainly the highest graded pass rusher. Whether you want to take him or not is kind of irrelevant to that evaluation. 

I think you are confusing my point.  Suh had a couple of great years but was nowhere near the hall of famer that people had him touted to be.

The only reason I bring up Suh is because a a lot of people are justifying passing on a QB at #1 because they have already tabbed Young as a can't miss, generational guy.  There's no gaurantee with him either.  He's not a generational talent.  Both the Bosas and Garrett are in the same range as him.  Yes, he's a great player, but it's not a sure thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think you are confusing my point.  Suh had a couple of great years but was nowhere near the hall of famer that people had him touted to be.

The only reason I bring up Suh is because a a lot of people are justifying passing on a QB at #1 because they have already tabbed Young as a can't miss, generational guy.  There's no gaurantee with him either.  He's not a generational talent.  Both the Bosas and Garrett are in the same range as him.  Yes, he's a great player, but it's not a sure thing.

Suh is a 3x first team all pro and 2x 2nd team all pro (also 5x pro bowler). The weird "hall of famer" wording your going with is missing the point that he was a very highly touted prospect who turned in a very highly regarded career that could have been better if he didn't fall for the allure of FA money. Ironically all those "can't miss rushers" have turned in can't miss results so far, but the can't miss QB's the last 10 years have had a massive bust rate.

Now with that said, yet again, Young is a MUCH higher graded prospect than all of the guys mentioned above. Grades are not relative to years or positions. Every year there is going to be top rusher, but no every year there isn't another generational rusher. There is hyperbole, but this is not that case. Chase Young will come out with the highest grade seen by a defender in the last 15 years, this has been told to me by two scouts. Oh, and he will be 21 and 1 month when he is drafted, which means he isn't even at his physical peak yet.
Reply/Quote