Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Update
Small one but significant.

Good to see he on schedule. And good to see he doing some solid lifting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2024, 09:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Small one but significant.

Good to see he on schedule. And good to see he doing some solid lifting.

Glad to see he's progressing and is looking mobile and fluid!

Protect him and he'll have an MVP year!
Reply/Quote
Cool to see Joe here but I am not sure this really tells us anything. Joe is seen in the first clip squatting with a safety bar. That type of bar allows you to keep your arm in a neutral position during the lift vs. a traditional barbell where you are actually putting some weight through your hand and wrist. With the safety bar, there is little force necessary to keep the weight stabilized.

Essentially, Joe is working out his legs while his hand is hurt. Which is great, but I don't know if I would say that it is significant. At minimum, he is cleared to be putting a little force through it which is cool to see.
Reply/Quote
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39647613/bengals-joe-burrow-expects-cleared-injury-may

There was this. Looks to be throwing small medicine balls and lifting like normal now. Fully cleared in May.

Great news. Sounds like things are going well.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Great news, dude is our future.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 06:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39647613/bengals-joe-burrow-expects-cleared-injury-may

There was this. Looks to be throwing small medicine balls and lifting like normal now. Fully cleared in May.

Great news. Sounds like things are going well.

This is an awesome update, thanks for sharing. 
Reply/Quote
Loved the last quote where he basically alludes to the fact he’s seen all the bullshit that’s being posted online and he’s got a point to prove.

I’ll be honest until it’s September and he’s spinning it 40+ yards to Chase I’ll be worried, this injury sounds weirdly complicated and until it’s in a proper game environment we won’t know if he’s the same old Burrow.

Just need to keep our fingers crossed that for once he has a healthy camp and get the wrist as strong as possible.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 06:53 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Loved the last quote where he basically alludes to the fact he’s seen all the bullshit that’s being posted online and he’s got a point to prove.

I’ll be honest until it’s September and he’s spinning it 40+ yards to Chase I’ll be worried, this injury sounds weirdly complicated and until it’s in a proper game environment we won’t know if he’s the same old Burrow.

Just need to keep our fingers crossed that for once he has a healthy camp and get the wrist as strong as possible.

Dude is going to be on a mission this year, that's for sure. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 06:53 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Loved the last quote where he basically alludes to the fact he’s seen all the bullshit that’s being posted online and he’s got a point to prove.

absolutely and hopefully by July we will know if he can still spin the ball with velocity or needs more time. I hope that this season if he is not there by opener they start Browning. I cannot endure another ill started season due to an injury not heled properly.   
Reply/Quote
Here is a video from Joe at a fundraiser yesterday. He's holding a Guinness and pouring soup with his right hand. Cigar

[url= <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">]