Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow after the Bye
All Burrow has done after the Bye is go 171 of 234 for 2214 yards, 14 TDs and 3 INT. 117.0 Pass Rating. Bengals 5-2 after the bye and arguably had Zac not erred (by his own statement) in running in OT they beat SF and go 6-1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow has been incredible. Even early on with all of the interceptions, he was offsetting them with TDs. Glad to see you're coming around on him now. Just four weeks ago, you were saying that he wasn't better than 2012 Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Joe is in his second year and top 5 in my opinion. One can only imagine what type of numbers he will be putting up in year 3, 4, 5... 7.
His potential is unlimited. He is cerebral, has a really good arm, elusive and a fantastic leader. He is so impressive.
Reply/Quote
He's been outstanding. I know you could say this about every NFL team but, we could easily have 2 more wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Burrow has been incredible. Even early on with all of the interceptions, he was offsetting them with TDs. Glad to see you're coming around on him now. Just four weeks ago, you were saying that he wasn't better than 2012 Andy Dalton.

Ehh... not really. 20 TD/11 INT before the bye. That's a 36 TD/20 INT pace for 16 games for reference to other seasons. In comparison after he cleaned up the INTs after the bye week, he finished with 34 TD/14 INT. That's much much better. 20 INT would have been just bad. You can't turn the ball over that often, it would have led the league by 3 and led 3rd place by 5.

Even Matthew Stafford who starting throwing INTs like crazy at the end of the year (7 in the final 3 weeks) finished with 41 TD/17 INT and that's viewed as a huge point of concern that he has 17 even with 5 more TDs than Burrow's pre-bye pace.

I'm real glad Burrow cleaned up the INTs and I hope it continues, because the post-bye Burrow was a hell of a QB. (And was 5-2, compared to 5-4 when he was throwing all the INTs.) Bengals lost all 4 games where Burrow had multiple INT, they were 5-1 when he had 0 INT. Turnovers kill.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Burrow has been incredible. Even early on with all of the interceptions, he was offsetting them with TDs. Glad to see you're coming around on him now. Just four weeks ago, you were saying that he wasn't better than 2012 Andy Dalton.

Assuming this season is an indication of how he will look going forward and if he can limit the interceptions (which I think are largely related to poor pass protection) I think he will be the best QB in the league and I don't even think it will be close.    
Reply/Quote
I know he wont win this but I think he's MVP of the year when you see what he's accomplished. This kid makes watching them so exciting and optimistic with the today and the future.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: All Burrow has done after the Bye is go 171 of 234 for 2214 yards, 14 TDs and 3 INT. 117.0 Pass Rating. Bengals 5-2 after the bye and arguably had Zac not erred (by his own statement) in running in OT they beat SF and go 6-1.

You just opened a bad can of worms. Negative replies are incoming! Run and hide dude.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehh... not really. 20 TD/11 INT before the bye. That's a 36 TD/20 INT pace for 16 games for reference to other seasons. In comparison after he cleaned up the INTs after the bye week, he finished with 34 TD/14 INT. That's much much better. 20 INT would have been just bad. You can't turn the ball over that often, it would have led the league by 3 and led 3rd place by 5.

Even Matthew Stafford who starting throwing INTs like crazy at the end of the year (7 in the final 3 weeks) finished with 41 TD/17 INT and that's viewed as a huge point of concern that he has 17 even with 5 more TDs than Burrow's pre-bye pace.

I'm real glad Burrow cleaned up the INTs and I hope it continues, because the post-bye Burrow was a hell of a QB. (And was 5-2, compared to 5-4 when he was throwing all the INTs.) Bengals lost all 4 games where Burrow had multiple INT, they were 5-1 when he had 0 INT. Turnovers kill.

Turnovers are brutal and I seem to remember him playing better than that. I checked his EPA per pass and sure enough, he was 22nd in the league. However, if you remove only week nine, he was 14th in the league in EPA per pass, so doing okay (which I think is what I am remembering, I didn't remember him that low). That Cleveland game was just such an awful, awful game. He was 2nd in the league in EPA per pass after the bye. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: All Burrow has done after the Bye is go 171 of 234 for 2214 yards, 14 TDs and 3 INT. 117.0 Pass Rating. Bengals 5-2 after the bye and arguably had Zac not erred (by his own statement) in running in OT they beat SF and go 6-1.

those stats, despite this stat for the last 4 games

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:50 PM)pally Wrote: those stats, despite this stat for the last 4 games

Those stats are meaningless unless they are broken down in sacks charged to the right tackle position. He can't play the whole line.
Reply/Quote
For the love of everything in Bengaldom, please get this OL fixed this offseason.
I'm actually scared (in a good way) of what Burrow and these pass catchers could do with an above average OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Those stats are meaningless unless they are broken down in sacks charged to the right tackle position. He can't play the whole line.

It's not accurate either.  Reiff last played on 12/12 against San Francisco.  Since that time, Burrow has played in three games where he was sacked 3 times, 3 times and 4 times.  They were 3-0 in those games.  I think they're counting the Cleveland game as well, which was 4 sacks but not on Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You just opened a bad can of worms. Negative replies are incoming! Run and hide dude.

Joelist is unphased by negative attention.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For the love of everything in Bengaldom, please get this OL fixed this offseason.
I'm actually scared (in a good way) of what Burrow and these pass catchers could do with an above average OL.

82% accuracy when burrow has 2.5 seconds
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For the love of everything in Bengaldom, please get this OL fixed this offseason.

Honestly,It’s exciting to even think about,if,they would have opened the checkbook,and really gone the extra mile to put together an ELITE offensive line.Or,if they go for it this offseason,then we’re not just talking playoff contender,but Super Bowl contender.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Honestly,It’s exciting to even think about,if,they would have opened the checkbook,and really gone the extra mile to put together an ELITE offensive line.Or,if they go for it this offseason,then we’re not just talking playoff contender,but Super Bowl contender.

They'll have a lot of cap room but it will cost a lot just to keep this roster together.  Bates, Reiff, Ogunjobi, Uzomah, Spain, Hill, Huber, Harris are all free agents you'd like to see back, along with a long list of other free agents.  That being said I think they can find some pieces to upgrade at C and RG.
Reply/Quote
The pressure has mostly been from the right side and going from Reiff to Prince is a step down, especially when you have Adeniji next to him.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Honestly,It’s exciting to even think about,if,they would have opened the checkbook,and really gone the extra mile to put together an ELITE offensive line.Or,if they go for it this offseason,then we’re not just talking playoff contender,but Super Bowl contender.

Bengals have less than $7 million in unused cap space.  They could not have afforded to sign any of the ELITE o-linemen that a lot of people here wanted.

They could have done more, but not another really big name guy like was being tossed around heer.
Reply/Quote
The 49ers game seems like a bad dream. Just get somebody out there that can catch a punt and that would have been an easy win. It's good that they got that out of their system though.
Reply/Quote