Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow and Trade
Traded back first pick in 2nd round for Dolphins 2nd round 7th and 24th. Then traded 2nd 24th pick to Ravens for a 3rd round and three 4th round picks.

1: R1P1
QB JOE BURROW. LSU. Got the qb of future. Now need to support him.

39: R2P7
OT ISAIAH WILSON. GEORGIA. 6’7” 340 lbs. Mountain at RT. Kick Glenn inside, as was the plan last season. Got the young bookend tackles to protect the Franchise.

65: R3P1
WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR. USC. Big target of a receiver. Strong hands and fight for the ball reminds me of Sanu. RAC reminded me of TJ Houch. Good young target for Joe.

92: R3P28
EDGE KENNY WILLEKES. MICHIGAN STATE. Good sized DE that can probs seal the edge at next level. Big production last year but dropped off this year. Would benefit from sitting behind Dunlap.

104: R4P1
C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY. LSU. Trey was good for us but couldn’t pass up here on getting Burrow’s Center as he was the top prospect available at this pick. 27 games started and was Mr. Reliable on LSU’s OL. Snapped to him and protected him in college. Now he can do it in NFL. If he earns starting role, Trey can go to Guard.

126: R4P23
LB EVAN WEAVER. CALIFORNIA. Excited about this prospect. Seems like a great combo with Pratt. Possibly a two down player. May be a three down LB’er. Dude can tackle and bengals need that bad.

131: R4P28
LB JACOB PHILLIPS. LSU. Back up most likely but could, with his straight line speed, be a good special teams player. If he can improve footwork and coverage could be a starter.

136: R4P33
CB TROY PRIDE JR. NOTRE DAME. Good size (5’11” 195 lbs) should run Uber fast 40. Outside corner experience and where projected to play on Sundays. Back up initially and hopefully develops into starter.

145: R4P42
WR K.J. HILL. OHIO STATE. Terrific hands and route running. Not bigger nor faster than all in draft but many say he will be ready to contribute day 1 (ala Terry McLaurin). A.J./Pittman, Boyd, and KJ as 3rd WR. (Ross can ride the bench.)

147: R5P1
OT SAAHDIQ CHARLES. LSU. Can compete with Hart as third tackle. Or kick inside. Another guy that blocked for Joe in college which hopefully would provide extra motivation.

170: R5P24
S J.R. REED. GEORGIA. Another Georgia guy to develop behind Shawn Williams.

180: R6P1
TE STEPHEN SULLIVAN. LSU. Great size although not a inline blocker (yet). A WR/TE weapon Joe is familiar with. Didn’t do a lot together in college but let’s see what Joe and Stephen can do at next level. Never liked the Sample pick anyways (in fact I was pissed) so let’s just grab this guy and move on.

215: R7P1
DL ROBERT LANDERS. OHIO STATE. Straight up homer pick. 8 sacks three years ago. Five the last two. I like to think Young took all of his sacks. Need some youth at this position.
Reply/Quote
Tried to bring together three things 1) Bengals need a lot of pieces to rebuild. 2) Burrow is too freaking good and above the other QBs we can’t pass up on him and 3) having 1st pick has so much trade value. Bring them together by taking Burrow and then trading back in second and getting picks needed to build roster.
Reply/Quote
Like Phillips a lot more than weaver. Weaver is a vigil type role player no thanks on that.
Like the tackles a lot tho that u drafted. I understand ur reasoning on drafting the center from LSU but to me it’s a wasted pick. Hopkins has been extended he’s found his home at center played real well. He’s not going anywhere imo. Also love the Pittman pick I think he’s gonna be a good pro. Anxious to see what he runs tho at the combine really hoping for at least the 4.5 range. Not a huge fan of willekes but with everything. Else addressed I could live with it. Overall I’d be happy. Mainly just not a weaver fan at all
Reply/Quote
Love the first 4 picks. Cushenberry is a very good Center prospect but Hopkins is playing well right now and Hopkins
doesn't play nearly as well at Guard and we just signed Hopkins to an extension. If Cush can play Guard, all for the
pick. Weaver is an okay pick but I would rather have a more sideline to sideline LB'er that can tackle. Weaver can
tackle but he not the greatest athlete.

We need athletes a the Linebacker position who can read plays quickly and move sideline to sideline, tackle and cover.

We got one in Pratt, I don't know if Weaver is on the same plain actually highly doubt he is.

Dye is the LB'er I want in the mid rounds if he is around. I do like Phillips upside but he needs to learn to tackle which
is why he could fall this far.

Overall, I like this Mock.
Reply/Quote
Cushenberry and Pittman are both great prospects. Cushenberry may go a little earlier, and with such a deep class at WR this year, we may see a great talent in Pittman fall to the 4-5 range. Nice mock.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote