Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow and play action
The only thing they do when they go under center is play action - its so obvious.

They just need to bail from under center all together. Run everything out of shotgun including play action.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 04:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Just a hair under 54% with a standard deviation of 9%. So, there are notable variations in how each team utilizes it. A max of 76% (Baltimore) and a minimum of 37% (Tennessee).

Nice. Where did you get these stats? Sharp football stats seems like they haven’t updated since 2019… it was 63% that year.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 10:33 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Nice. Where did you get these stats? Sharp football stats seems like they haven’t updated since 2019… it was 63% that year.

I aggregate them myself using nflfastR. It's a play-by-play repository available for a programming language called R. You actually did point out an error I was making, though. I wasn't filtering on only runs/passes. The repository logs punts and FGs as under center plays, so if you don't filter them out, they botch your numbers. Thanks for pointing that out. I thought it was strange that I had such a huge discrepancy for 2019.

Updated percentages for the post you quoted is actually 66%, not 54%. 
Reply/Quote