Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season is already over
(08-05-2020, 10:51 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We can only hope.

+rep   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-04-2020, 11:46 PM)jason Wrote: Yep... I've liked reading your posts on how things are being handled down there.

Roger Goodell is very reactionary. This is the same guy who suspended Chris Henry for 8 games for being a self destructive knucklehead, and suspended Ray Rice 2 games knowing there was footage of him decking his wife. When that video hit the public he caved. The NFL spent the entire spring talking about opening weekend on schedule with full stadiums. Adam Silver of the NBA and Gary Bettman actually put some thought into how to finish their seasons... Rob Manfred did what baseball does... Argue about money, and fall on it's face outta the gate. Goodell and the NFL are much closer to Manfred than they are Silver or Bettman.

Mate, that is quite interesting. Up until last year we had a guy running Rugby League down here that was very much the same, decisions were based on how they played out in the media, was very reactionary, we had inconsistent punishments for players who got in trouble of the field, to the point he wrote a reference for a players court case for DUI. We have a new guy running the game down here now who actually has the guts to make decisions. He predicted the game would be up and running again by June 28th, everyone laughed at him at the time and then he just pushed it through, but the measures in place, restructure tv deals, and had the government doing what he wants, including allowing players in from overseas and teams traveling over closed state borders. It's amazing what a good strong leader can do, he has even rid our game of a couple onfield issues that were really hurting our game. He did such a good job getting Rugby League going again the other sports were able to follow him. We now have a state that is in complete lockdown and the sport that is primarily based in that state made a decision with a weeks notice to move the entire competition to another state in a bubble. These things can be done but they need to be preplanned for each possible scenario.

A little off topic but just trying to say that it takes strong leadership to get a sport up running and to keep running in this pandemic, I am yet to see that leadership from the NFL.
(08-05-2020, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: From what I've read, the NFL seems to be doing just that. They are testing all personnel, using electrostatic fogging to sanitize all equipment, they have a fogger players have to go through prior to going on the field each time that sanitizes them. They fly on private, or chartered jets. I'm really not sure what else they could be doing. 

I believe from what I have seen (I am further away then you guys so could be wrong) that the NFL is leaving too many decisions up to the individual teams. I feel the NFL should be taking a larger role in the setting of attendance policies and procedures for example.
(08-04-2020, 05:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The more people you come into contact with the greater your chance to come into contact with someone who is infected and becoming infected yourself.

That's just common sense.

It's spread through respiratory droplets.  When someone coughs, sneezes, or even talks small droplets of virus containing mucous are expelled into the air.  Most droplets fall out of the air within 6 feet. So most people who get infected do so by inhaling the droplets. The virus is viable on surfaces for short periods of time.  So if someone sneezes on a card reader or coughs into their hand without washing it before using the card reader they can transfer droplets to the reader.  If someone uses the reader right afterwards then touches their nose, mouth, or eyes they can infect themselves. Disinfecting surfaces helps reduce that spread.

This is basic germ theory and principles of antisepsis that a biological MD/science teacher should already understand.

Antiseptics have been proven since the days of Joseph Lister in the 19th century. Go to any hospital if you have questions.

Your constant spamming of Covid 19 related misinformation should get you banned.  

Someone showed me a video of that respiratory droplets can go 10 to 15 feet out from a cough. It also showed how the mask helped a really thin one held it to around 2 feet, the one you see most people wearing to about 1 foot, a doubled over bandana was actually better at around 8 inches, and the best of course is the n95 with held it to less than 2 inches.

...and yes I was one of the weirdos wearing a mask in late feb early march lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(08-05-2020, 02:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Someone showed me a video of that respiratory droplets can go 10 to 15 feet out from a cough. It also showed how the mask helped a really thin one held it to around 2 feet, the one you see most people wearing to about 1 foot, a doubled over bandana was actually better at around 8 inches, and the best of course is the n95 with held it to less than 2 inches.

...and yes I was one of the weirdos wearing a mask in late feb early march lol.

That was early... Totally off topic but I get a kick outta wearing a mask into this has station that back in February made you take your hood off when you walked in.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-05-2020, 11:54 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Im going to take this BS to the PNR coronavirus thread, also.

If you’re not smart enough to figure out the password . . . again . . . it’s “ENTER”.  All caps. It’s hiding in plain sight right there under the hyperlink to ENTER the subforum. Maybe you can crack the secret code this time all by yourself like a big boy.

There's a reason many stay out of PnR and you are currently displaying it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-05-2020, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a reason many stay out of PnR and you are currently displaying it. 

Since this is about PNR, I’ll answer it there.
(08-05-2020, 10:12 AM)Mer Wrote: And people are more likely to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth when they wear a mask. 

An all knowing message board dictator should know all this. But I keep having to explain it to you.

And if I get banned for telling the truth it'd be just like society. "Silence those that don't think the way we do". You're probably one of those fools that believes BLM is really about black lives. Oh! Now I'm banned.

Yeah pretty much.
(08-06-2020, 01:13 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yeah pretty much.

Actually, not pretty much . . .

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2768767

Quote: Wearing masks, either medical or fabric, was associated with reduced face-touching behavior, especially touching of the eyes, nose, and mouth.
(08-05-2020, 11:41 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: I believe from what I have seen (I am further away then you guys so could be wrong) that the NFL is leaving too many decisions up to the individual teams. I feel the NFL should be taking a larger role in the setting of attendance policies and procedures for example.

The NFL is letting the teams make decisions for their own teams, but they have to submit them and have them approved by the league. It wouldn't really make sense to have the league come up with one set of rules on attendance policies, etc. Obviously teams that play in domes or buildings would have harsher restrictions than a team that plays in an open air stadium. What you suggest would be kind of like treating Wyoming and New York the same. It's two different animals. 
(08-05-2020, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a reason many stay out of PnR and you are currently displaying it. 

So JN is some sort of judgement-free safespace to air political views?  I don't personally care where people get political, it just seems odd to avoid the political section of the board if talking about that sort of thing is on your agenda. 
Everyone please read this, loud and clear..

Political Speech and Rhetoric in Jungle Noise is strictly forbidden, and will not be tolerated!

We understand that Covid-19 has had a profound impact on all of our favorite sports, and that talking about sports is tough to do without making reference to Covid-19. However, getting into nit-pick arguments, slickly trying to slip in political opinions and such IS completely avoidable and unnecessary. It simply will not be tolerated. Stop

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23