Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow contract signed
So Joe is officially really rich. He will be having a press conference at 1PM

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
But Mike Florio tho.

In all seriousness, finally. Now go out there and earn a giant second contract that has us freaking out about cap space for years to come.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Joe

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s nice to get it done and put any doubt to rest.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 12:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: But Mike Florio tho.

In all seriousness, finally.  Now go out there and earn a giant second contract that has us freaking out about cap space for years to come.

That's hilarious....we can't win, even when it appears we will win.  Haha.   Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It had to be so awkward for Burrow knowing he was going to be a multimillionaire but still quarantined to his parents basement....

Burrow: "Moooomm I'll give you 10 grand if you make me a grilled cheese."
Mom: "You don't have 10 grand!"
Burrow: *wrings hands* "Not yet, not yet....Soon. MWHAHA"
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I wished he signed a 5 year contract instead of 4 year. His second contract will be huge if his performance matches expectations.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Pretty much is a 5 year contract if he works out. 5th year would be a team option.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 12:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: But Mike Florio tho.

I don't want to derail this thread too much but I stopped going to PFT because I can't stand him.  So I'm not going to support PFT with my viewership.  Instead I've been getting a lot of NFL news from this site https://nfltraderumors.co/  

It doesn't have as many articles but seems to post a fair amount of breaking news without a lot of bias.  They just wrote a nice thank you in an article about how their viewers have helped support them during 2020.   So I'd prefer to give them my views.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
There are some advantages to living in the basement of a football coach

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well he can now buy his own house LOL!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 04:29 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Well he can now buy his own house LOL!

Plural  Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Works so hard he wears sweatbands to sign a contract.

We got a motherf***ing baller for a QB.

Who DeyJoeWho Dey
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 01:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wished he signed a 5 year contract instead of 4 year.  His second contract will be huge if his performance matches expectations.

Rookie contracts are controlled by the rules in the CBA.  Four years is the max for a first round pick.  We have a fifth year option, but we would have to pay him top 5 QB money.
Reply/Quote
I believe we do. Going to be a fun ride.
Reply/Quote
And he cropped the sleeves on his jersey to show off his guns.

Yes
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have a fifth year option, but we would have to pay him top 5 QB money.

Top 10 money for 5th year option.

*Only applies to top 10 picks.  The rest of the first rounders I get an average of 3-25 at their postion.

-----------------------------------------

There's a difference in option year salary depending on where in the first round a player is drafted. The fifth-year salary for the top 10 picks is the transition tender (average of the 10 highest salaries) at a player's position when the option is exercised. With players selected outside of the top 10 (picks 11-32), the fifth-year salary is the average of the third through 25th-highest salaries at a player's position.
Reply/Quote
Just watched his full interview from today. I was really impressed. He is well spoken and seems to be honest about how he feels and what he expects.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 07:23 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Just watched his full interview from today.  I was really impressed.  He is well spoken and seems to be honest about how he feels and what he expects.

Just finished watching myself.   I've never seen someone so humble, composed but unpretentiously confident.   He takes nothing for granted, is excited about everything and worried for nothing.

Like he said, he's done nothing yet, but I've never been so psyched for a new QB - or any rookie - coming in.

Can't wait to see him play.  And the sense I have is the other players' anticipation is also very high.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 08:02 PM)3wt Wrote: Just finished watching myself.   I've never seen someone so humble, composed but unpretentiously confident.   He takes nothing for granted, is excited about everything and worried for nothing.

Like he said, he's done nothing yet, but I've never been so psyched for a new QB - or any rookie - coming in.

Can't wait to see him play.  And the sense I have is the other players' anticipation is also very high.

With those rookie QBs it’s clear when guys are coached to say things. Joe doesn’t seem coached up in that regard, just speaks his mind. There’s an authenticity to Joe that I think plays a big part in his success of gaining trust and being a leader. Just seems like a kid ready to ball out and if he takes a shot to the mouth, he’s gonna get up ready to swing back.
Reply/Quote