Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow doesn’t just want to beat the Browns, he wants to destroy them
I hate Browns fans and don’t want them here, but Joe is trying to destroy the franchise once and for all and I love it. There will be nothing left of Cleveland when Joe is done with them.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/14/joe-burrow-offers-advice-browns-fans-root-bengals/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe a little overstated with the title?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
They can keep their douchebag fans...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I doubt many true Browns fans would ditch their team for the Bengals. All the Browns fans I know are lifers and wouldn't jump ship. It's in their blood, passed down from generation to generation, each successive generation being slightly more delusional about their Super Bowl chances. Hey, you'd have to be delusional to chain yourself to the factory of sadness for a lifetime.

Having said that, good luck to them this coming Saturday and best wishes for a win over the Ratbirds Joe
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We don't need those hounds jumping on the bandwagon and bringing the Bengals down.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Diehard fans won't switch or jump on.

However the casual ones and people who admire Burrow will.

I say bring those on!

The larger the audience and fan base ensures TV coverage and pressure for future team investments.

I don't care if someone bandwagon's the team.

It only means the Bengals are doing something right.

Why wouldn't that make me happy?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not factoring in this year yet, the Browns have averaged just a bit over 5 wins per season over the 23 years since becoming a team again with just 3 winning seasons, including only 1 in the last 14 years, and zero division titles. They have had a winless season that was preceded by a 1 win season.

Any fans they have are in it for the long haul.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 07:22 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Diehard fans won't switch or jump on.

However the casual ones and people who admire Burrow will.

I say bring those on!

The larger the audience and fan base ensures TV coverage and pressure for future team investments.

I don't care if someone bandwagon's the team.

It only means the Bengals are doing something right.

Why wouldn't that make me happy?

Been reading a lot on one of their message boards. They are pretty loyal to their Brownies but they seem to really like Burrow. Words like "classy kid" come up a lot. Also, from what I have read, they have a lot more disdain for the Steelers and Ravens than they do the Bengals.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 11:31 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Been reading a lot on one of their message boards. They are pretty loyal to their Brownies but they seem to really like Burrow. Words like "classy kid" come up a lot.  Also, from what I have read, they have a lot more disdain for the Steelers and Ravens than they do the Bengals.

Same as us.  No love lost between Bengals and Browns but not comparable to Ravens and Steelers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 12:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Same as us.  No love lost between Bengals and Browns but not comparable to Ravens and Steelers.

Agree. There are teams I'd root for the Browns to beat but very few, if any, that I'd root for the Steelers or Ravens to beat(unless it helps us).
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 11:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe a little overstated with the title?

Yeah,  clickbait title.  Hack was trying to bait him into creating a story.  Joe said, "Whatever," and they wrote it anyway.  SOP.
Reply/Quote