Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow doesn't get much help
(05-08-2024, 02:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think most fans on this board would agree. The OL has been an issue. I will add this, Joe B. hurt the OL grades the first 3 to 4 weeks being injured and a statue in the pocket. He needs to shoulder some of the blame last year for almost 25% of the grades of the OL (statue 4 of 17 games).

I do not blame Burrow for those games he played hurt.

That is on the medical team and coaching staff for letting him out there.

Should not have happened, and lucky he did not reinjure himself in that timeframe.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 11:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Where does playcalling come into any of this? Many posters continuing here have talked how the slow developing plays, running from shotgun with bad personnel, etc.  I have to agree with you that the talent is here, but the coaching and playcalling hasn’t helped here as well.

Play calling has been a part of the problem at times for sure but then we have a game like the 49ers game last year that was called perfectly.

If we could just get that type of play calling and put it all together on both sides of the ball we could certainly win it all. But Burrow has to help 
himself out and not hold the ball so long and be open to playing under Center a lot more. He saw how well the Offense played with Browning 
under Center and when not.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This article is stupid. To say Burrow gets no help when he had Chase and Higgins as receivers, he had Mixon at RB (yeah, I know he struggled at times) and outside of last year, he has had a defense that consistently came up big. If it were all Burrow and he has no help, how did Browning win?

Let's not act like the defense did anything in the Super Bowl to win, they could'nt get a stop when they needed to in the biggest moment. And let's not act like they give up 14 a game. I'm not saying they've been terrible, but they haven't been good for whole games. What's our average points allowed since Burrow's been here?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 02:29 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Let's not act like the defense did anything in the Super Bowl to win, they could'nt get a stop when they needed to in the biggest moment. And let's not act like they give up 14 a game. I'm not saying they've been terrible, but they haven't been good for whole games. What's our average points allowed since Burrow's been here?

The defense gave the Offense what 6 drives in the SB to end the game and score a FG and take the lead.... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 02:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: The defense gave the Offense what 6 drives in the SB to end the game and score a FG and take the lead.... 

Yeah, I think the Defense held it's own when it mattered most and the Offense is the most to blame for that SB loss, namely the OL...

But yeah, the Defense didn't do anything in that SB to win lol
Reply/Quote

Kay fighting the good fight.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 03:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Kay fighting the good fight.

She is right too, having the maybe the best TE in NFL history is 0 weapons. What an idiot.Rolleyes

Love Kay.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 03:55 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Bengals may have to end up dipping into the during the season Free Agent running back market if one of their current top 2 guys gets hurt.

Cleveland signed Kareem Hunt in season last year after Nick Chubb got hurt and Hunt may remain unsigned as the 2024 season progresses.

A few of the below may have signed somewhere (it's a May 3 list) but many may remain unsigned to later get signed in season.

• Dalvin Cook
  • Rashaad Penny
  • Cam Akers
  • Joshua Kelley
  • Latavius Murray
  • Kareem Hunt
  • Matt Breida
  • Jerick McKinnon
  • Jakob Johnson
  • Kevin Smith
  • Melvin Gordon
  • Alex Armah
  • Brandon Bolden
  • Eno Benjamin

Cook would be at the top of my list, but Murray seems to have more grit to play in the AFCN. It's a tough choice for me, but I think the Bengals have gone a different direction on expectations of the running game, which puts Cook back at #1. Though I love the idea passed around about using a FB, I think Murray would better fit that bill.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 02:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: The defense gave the Offense what 6 drives in the SB to end the game and score a FG and take the lead.... 

Agreed.

Around here, blaming the o-line is like making dumb jokes about Gronkowski at the Brady roast. A touch of truth, but a  very lazy go to.

There is plenty of blame to go around for the SB loss.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 08:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Cook would be at the top of my list, but Murray seems to have more grit to play in the AFCN. It's a tough choice for me, but I think the Bengals have gone a different direction on expectations of the running game, which puts Cook back at #1. Though I love the idea passed around about using a FB, I think Murray would better fit that bill.

Love the idea of Cook or Murray at HB for the Bengals, but if they are looking for a FB, I prefer Sample as the blocking H-back due to his reliability blocking and being a sneaky dump off option.

His feet will keep most of the gains to a minimum. I hope he worked on that in the off season.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 08:50 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Agreed.

Around here, blaming the o-line is like making dumb jokes about Gronkowski at the Brady roast. A touch of truth, but a  very lazy go to.

There is plenty of blame to go around for the SB loss.

And people now act like that Super Bowl loss was a blowout, when in fact it was a fraction of a second to get off a pass to a wide-open Chase, with Ramsey laying on his butt, for the win. Both offense and defense did enough to win that game. In the end, it came down to not being able to stop Aaron Donald, which is something no team has been able to do. 
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And people now act like that Super Bowl loss was a blowout, when in fact it was a fraction of a second to get off a pass to a wide-open Chase, with Ramsey laying on his butt, for the win. Both offense and defense did enough to win that game. In the end, it came down to not being able to stop Aaron Donald, which is something no team has been able to do. 

I blame Spain.  The rest of the league apparently agrees, because he hasn't sniffed a roster since.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 12:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: I blame Spain.  The rest of the league apparently agrees, because he hasn't sniffed a roster since.

If everyone who got beat trying to block Aaron Donald 1-on-1 got kicked out of the league, there'd be no OL left in the NFL.

Same way that Apple got beat 1-on-1 against triplecrown Cooper Kupp and didn't get kicked out of the NFL despite being Eli Apple. Your coaches have to put you in good position to succeed.

My guess is Spain was going to head into his age 31 season, had a soul crushing experience followed by a ton of hate online, and just decided to hang em up. There are much much worse OL getting jobs every year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 01:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If everyone who got beat trying to block Aaron Donald 1-on-1 got kicked out of the league, there'd be no OL left in the NFL.

Same way that Apple got beat 1-on-1 against triplecrown Cooper Kupp and didn't get kicked out of the NFL despite being Eli Apple. Your coaches have to put you in good position to succeed.

My guess is Spain was going to head into his age 31 season, had a soul crushing experience followed by a ton of hate online, and just decided to hang em up. There are much much worse OL getting jobs every year.

He didn't try to block Donald, that's the problem.  He didn't block anybody, then ran his mouth on social media that Donald wasn't his man even though the RB was was on the QB's right side, Donald lined up in the B gap between Spain and LT, and there was a DE in wide 9 alignment on the LT's left shoulder.  There was literally nobody else who could have had Donald.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 01:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: He didn't try to block Donald, that's the problem.  He didn't block anybody, then ran his mouth on social media that Donald wasn't his man even though the RB was was on the QB's right side, Donald lined up in the B gap between Spain and LT, and there was a DE in wide 9 alignment on the LT's left shoulder.  There was literally nobody else who could have had Donald.

Truth, no reason to defend Spain. Not even trying to block AD and then acting like he wasn't even his guy to block afterwards made 
him undefendable. Burrow would of found a wide open Ja'Marr Chase streaking to the end zone if Quinton Spain even tried to block 
AD on that play and we would be Super Bowl Champions.
Reply/Quote