Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow getting physically hurt isn't even my biggest concern...
I mean it's a concern, but there's an even bigger concern...

His pocket awareness, presence, and his no fear of getting hit has been great so far. It's one of the things that set him apart from Dalton. His ability to stand in the pocket and feel pressure. There were so many times Andy bailed from a clean pocket because he just basically freaked out...

If Joe keeps taking hits there's absolutely a concern that he might start seeing or feeling "ghosts". He may start getting happy feet in the pocket and lose the comfortability that he had going through his progressions and stepping into throws. It's a legitimate concern that worries me almost more than him getting injured. The announcers touched on it a bit today.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I wasn't too concerned until this nightmare of a game happened.... you best believe it opposing defenses saw what happened today.

The O-Line is going to be blitzed 50-60% of the time for the rest of the year.

Protecting our franchise QB is now #1 priority not winning a meaningless game we aren't playoff bound.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Just a heads up that Pittsburgh blitzes even more than Baltimore does. And Cleveland is home to Myles Garrett, who has 23+ pressures and has already caused 7 turnovers (fumbles and interceptions from pressure). Cincinnati needs to get their offensive line fixed, or figure out someway to mitigate this pressure. What is going on, isn’t working.
Reply/Quote
Joe also needs to recognize when people are coming from the outside. That’s not the line’s responsibility.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Joe also needs to recognize when people are coming from the outside. That’s not the line’s responsibility.

I couldn't believe how many times today the line went to block the outside guy and would let a free rusher go coming right up the middle. 

Just was completely unbelievable.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:28 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Just a heads up that Pittsburgh blitzes even more than Baltimore does. And Cleveland is home to Myles Garrett, who has 23+ pressures and has already caused 7 turnovers (fumbles and interceptions from pressure). Cincinnati needs to get their offensive line fixed, or figure out someway to mitigate this pressure. What is going on, isn’t working.

I'm just shocked at how unprepared they were. Like you knew this was coming and there was no game plan around it. No quick slants, no screens, no misdirection, no rolling Joe out, no creativity. Just pathetic. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile Andy Dalton is marching the Cowboys right down the field for a win.
Reply/Quote
I’m most concerned by him blaming himself for most of it. The coaches need to stop trying to cover for a terrible line and game plan by blaming their rookie QB. Everyone’s worried about him getting physically shell shocked, it will be the mental assumption of guilt that will hurt him and change the way he plays that got him this far.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean it's a concern, but there's an even bigger concern...

His pocket awareness, presence, and his no fear of getting hit has been great so far. It's one of the things that set him apart from Dalton. His ability to stand in the pocket and feel pressure. There were so many times Andy bailed from a clean pocket because he just basically freaked out...

If Joe keeps taking hits there's absolutely a concern that he might start seeing or feeling "ghosts". He may start getting happy feet in the pocket and lose the comfortability that he had going through his progressions and stepping into throws. It's a legitimate concern that worries me almost more than him getting injured. The announcers touched on it a bit today.

Did we see one of the first glimpses of worried about being hit with that miss on the throw to Mixon that could have gone for 20+ yards?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Did we see one of the first glimpses of worried about being hit with that miss on the throw to Mixon that could have gone for 20+ yards?

Thinking the same....
Reply/Quote
We are just not ready to be a good team with this OL, period. With a good OL, this is a different game. Everyone knew this was going to be the most likely outcome of this game. I know fans on here may not have, but pretty much everyone of the analysts I saw basically said the Raven's and their exotic blitzes were going to be unleashed against Burrow and his weak OL and give them fits. That's what happened. They blitzed a lot, and beyond that their DL is more way powerful than our OL straight up. Most DL's are more powerful than our OL at this point actually.

But the D played pretty good today. They did enough, and wouldve even been better if our O couldve sustained some drives and put some points on the board. We have a young up and coming D, and they could be pretty good by next year.

We all knew this team wasnt going to be fixed in a single offseason, despite the FA spending and a good draft. We have an OL coach who hasnt developed a single player. Jordan hasnt gotten better, Hart sucks, everyone at RG sucks, Johnson sucks, Price sucks, etc. This can be fixed. Fire Turner, bring in a better OL coach and focus the draft and FA towards the OL and some DL too, but mostly OL. We can beat teams like the Jags, and a few others now, but we are not going to be good against the best teams in the NFL until we fix the OL. The Ravens are one of the top 2-3 teams in the NFL and it showed today, especially going against our pathetic OL an a rookie QB. This game was never going to be pretty.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:40 PM)Trademark Wrote: Meanwhile Andy Dalton is marching the Cowboys right down the field for a win.

The difference is pass blocking. The Cowboys do it and the Bengals don’t.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean it's a concern, but there's an even bigger concern...

It's called a learning experience. Every new NFL quarterback has one.... most have several. Just like he learned he has to slide, he is now learning he cannot hold the ball that long in the AFCN. Relax. Joey's a big boy, he'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's called a learning experience. Every new NFL quarterback has one.... most have several. Just like he learned he has to slide, he is now learning he cannot hold the ball that long in the AFCN. Relax. Joey's a big boy, he'll be fine.

I’m sure people said the same thing about Luck...

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The difference is pass blocking.  The Cowboys do it and the Bengals don’t.

Also let's not forget, he's going against the 0-5 Giants. We were going against a team that hasn't lost 5 games since Jackson took over in 2018
Reply/Quote
Burrow’s style is to extend plays by sliding around in the pocket or scrambling out of it. It’s the same style great QB’s like Rodgers and Wilson have. Don’t blame Joe for the bad Oline. Fix the Oline and remove those hits, sacks, pressures and live with the ones that Burrow causes. Burrow isn’t what is broken, the Oline is.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Burrow’s style is to extend plays by sliding around in the pocket or scrambling out of it. It’s the same style great QB’s like Rodgers and Wilson have. Don’t blame Joe for the bad Oline. Fix the Oline and remove those hits, sacks, pressures and live with the ones that Burrow causes. Burrow isn’t what is broken, the Oline is.

Well said. He’s a playmaker. He said it himself. You don’t draft a game manager type QB #1OA. He definitely has some learning to do, but coaching it out of him to not always be looking to make a play is a terrible idea.

Reply/Quote