Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow hits HR
At Reds batting practice....

https://www.mlb.com/news/joe-burrow-bengals-take-batting-practice-with-reds

The young man is impressive.

Rock On
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 07:38 PM)EatonFan Wrote: At Reds batting practice....

https://www.mlb.com/news/joe-burrow-bengals-take-batting-practice-with-reds

The young man is impressive.

Rock On

He hit FOUR homers!

Quote:Following his fourth homer, Burrow fouled a Singley pitch off the top of the cage and called it a day.

"OK, that's good," said Burrow, the No. 1 overall draft pick by the Bengals in 2020 who led his team to the Super Bowl in 2021. He threw a ceremonial first pitch for the Reds ahead of their home opener in 2022.

Don't sell the man short!

Hilarious

I saw that while I was at the gym! I was riding the exercise bike and, ironically, thinking about putting more money on us to win it all and him for MVP!
Reply/Quote
Hitting a baseball at MLB speed is allegedly the toughest thing to accomplish in sports. For Joe B. to be able to slam 4 in a row should be an indication of just what caliber of an athlete that he truly is. Pass rush? Pfft, he sees that coming before they even move toward him..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
And it’s crazy that he actually thought basketball was his best sport in high school. These multi-sport athletes are where it’s at.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 08:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And it’s crazy that he actually thought basketball was his best sport in high school. These multi-sport athletes are where it’s at.

Basketball could have been his best sport in high school.  Whatever

https://www.wtap.com/2022/02/12/joe-burrow-high-school-basketball-star/

https://www.sportscasting.com/joe-burrow-calls-himself-the-lebron-of-his-high-school-basketball-league/

"Joe Burrow Calls Himself the ‘LeBron’ of His High School Basketball League"
Trash Talker.  Tongue

[Image: 5ddca73f00c66.image.jpg?resize=357%2C500]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Joey De La Cruz
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hitting a baseball at MLB speed is allegedly the toughest thing to accomplish in sports. For Joe B. to be able to slam 4 in a row should be an indication of just what caliber of an athlete that he truly is. Pass rush? Pfft, he sees that coming before they even move toward him..

They don’t throw at major league speed in batting practice.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I saw Joeys home run on the Reds pregame tonight. What a stud.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Joe is the man !

The way the Reds are playing I am expecting to see them and the Bengals win a Championship in near future. Possibly even in same year.

If I'm dreaming don't wake me

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Max Scharping also hit one but didn’t quite garner the same excitement. Max was another baseball player in his high school days

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 11:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They don’t throw at major league speed in batting practice.

Don't throw cold water on Joey B's accomplishments.  Mellow 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 07:05 AM)pally Wrote: Max Scharping also hit one but didn’t quite garner the same excitement. Max was another baseball player in his high school days

I know Reader also played in college, but I think he was a pitcher.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hitting a baseball at MLB speed is allegedly the toughest thing to accomplish in sports.  For Joe B. to be able to slam 4 in a row should be an indication of just what caliber of an athlete that he truly is.  Pass rush? Pfft, he sees that coming before they even move toward him..

The Assistant Catchers coach was throwing the ball. I doubt he was bringing much heat.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 08:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know Reader also played in college, but I think he was a pitcher.

He was, and I'm surprised he wasn't out there pitching.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 11:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Joe is the man !

The way the Reds are playing I am expecting to see them and the Bengals win a Championship in near future. Possibly even in same year.

If I'm dreaming don't wake me

Good for Joe hitting those homers and good for the Reds for finally coming around. I will be rooting for them now, always kind of have,
they just have never been relevant since the Pete Rose days etc.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good for Joe hitting those homers and good for the Reds for finally coming around. I will be rooting for them now, always kind of have,

[Image: 755]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He was, and I'm surprised he wasn't out there pitching.

He wasn't here this week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 11:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They don’t throw at major league speed in batting practice.

For sure

But hitting a baseball 350 feet or whatever isn't exactly easy no matter who or what is pitching.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 06:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For sure

But hitting a baseball 350 feet or whatever isn't exactly easy no matter who or what is pitching.

Yeah, baseball is tougher than one may think. It was never my sport growing up.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good for Joe hitting those homers and good for the Reds for finally coming around. I will be rooting for them now, always kind of have,

Wire to wire Champs in 1990 without Pete. But yes, it’s been an eternity since they were truly relevant.

Reply/Quote