Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow is doing beyond fantastic
He has lived up to the enormous hype that he came into the league with. Haven't really seen anything like it in sports since LeBron James.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:25 AM)J24 Wrote: He has lived up to the enormous hype that he came into the league with. Haven't really seen anything like it in sports since LeBron James.

Or you know.... Patrick Mahomes who came, and kicked ass and won a Super Bowl already....

There is no doubt that Burrow has talent and has the ability to be a very good QB, but how about we let him finish a season before comparing him to some of the greatest players.

Also, look at the numbers below:

509          Att
345          Comp

67.8         Pct
3,836       Yards
7.5           Y/A
32            TDs
12            INT
101.1       Rating

A former franchise QB of this very team posted those numbers. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:45 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Or you know.... Patrick Mahomes who came, and kicked ass and won a Super Bowl already....

There is no doubt that Burrow has talent and has the ability to be a very good QB, but how about we let him finish a season before comparing him to some of the greatest players.

509          Att
345          Comp

67.8         Pct
3,836       Yards
7.5           Y/A
32            TDs
12            INT
101.1       Rating

Who didn't start as a rookie and was with a much better team, organization and coach. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:45 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Or you know.... Patrick Mahomes who came, and kicked ass and won a Super Bowl already....

509          Att
345          Comp

67.8         Pct
3,836       Yards
7.5           Y/A
32            TDs
12            INT
101.1       Rating

J24 clearly stated he was talking about an athlete actually living up to the huge amount of pre-draft hype. There was no hype surrounding Patrick Mahomes coming into the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 10:49 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Exactly.

The guys saying pump the breaks. Etc

They are all dalton homers and they are embarrassed to be wrong again

^^^
This
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:51 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Who didn't start as a rookie and was with a much better team, organization and coach. 

And?

I've seen post claiming the kid is the best QB the franchise has ever had... 

After 7 games, he looks good, but can we wait till the season is over or maybe until the team is over .500 before we start building statues?

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:26 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And?

I've seen post claiming the kid is the best QB the franchise has ever had... 

After 7 games, he looks good, but can we wait till the season is over or maybe until the team is over .500 before we start building statues?

You can see it now.. Why wait? We dont have much else to be happy about. Every expert is saying the same thing.. He got "it".. He broke 5 rookie records in 7 games so far.. I'd say that backs up what we are saying. It's not Burrows fault the defense is trash..
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:45 AM)Tony Wrote: You can see it now.. Why wait? We dont have much else to be happy about. Every expert is saying the same thing.. He got "it".. He broke 5 rookie records in 7 games so far.. I'd say that backs up what we are saying. It's not Burrows fault the defense is trash..

He is good, there is no argument there, the argument is people crowning the kid as better then Mahomes, or Jackson, or insert established NFL QB here.

He is talented and has a great deal of upside but he is still playing for the Bengals. Which means he has to overcome, a shit front office, zero scouting, bad drafting, and subpar coaching. Hence my saying, I'm waiting to see if he can over come all of that, because to succeed here any QB has to do so.

Reply/Quote
Burrow is the main reason I’m watching this train wreck of a season. He’s an absolute blast to watch and see grow week after week, unlike the defense that looks like a penis getting out of a cold pool week after week...shriveling up loss after loss.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:20 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He is good, there is no argument there, the argument is people crowning the kid as better then Mahomes, or Jackson, or insert established NFL QB here.

He is talented and has a great deal of upside but he is still playing for the Bengals. Which means he has to overcome, a shit front office, zero scouting, bad drafting, and subpar coaching. Hence my saying, I'm waiting to see if he can over come all of that, because to succeed here any QB has to do so.

No president of football operations, no GM.....and so on down the line. Everything the Brown's do is react only! Think out of the box for a change! It's not working! Try thinking like a business man and hire the very best football mind you can. Hire someone with some football background and let them run it for a change! 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:43 AM)count35 Wrote: No president of football operations, no GM.....and so on down the line. Everything the Brown's do is react only! Think out of the box for a change! It's not working! Try thinking like a business man and hire the very best football mind you can. Hire someone with some football background and let them run it for a change! 

John Dorsey as GM and Wade Phillips as DC would be a great start.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:43 AM)count35 Wrote: No president of football operations, no GM.....and so on down the line. Everything the Brown's do is react only! Think out of the box for a change! It's not working! Try thinking like a business man and hire the very best football mind you can. Hire someone with some football background and let them run it for a change! 

Yup...

It's been my issue with all this since day 1.

Burrow won't get the support he needs to really succeed here and will probably one day walk away like Palmer.

For Mikey and family, all the instant hype around Burrow takes the heat off from the real issues. Remember preseason when there were 8-8 projections and maybe 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs???

Music to Mike Brown's ears. As long as the hype is high, he can dodge issues and save money. Joe Burrow was Mike Brown's golden ticket. I've never once said the kid wasn't talented, but I'd have rather moved down gotten more holes filled and had a bad season with no hype so that the focus would have stayed on how shitty this franchise is being run. Instead, there are people who honestly believe, with Burrow under center we are a DC or a RT away from competing, and that just isn't close to reality.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:45 AM)Tony Wrote: It's not Burrows fault the defense is trash..

Bengals Scoring O: 23rd
Bengals Scorind D: 21st

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:54 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yup...

It's been my issue with all this since day 1.

Burrow won't get the support he needs to really succeed here and will probably one day walk away like Palmer.

For Mikey and family, all the instant hype around Burrow takes the heat off from the real issues. Remember preseason when there were 8-8 projections and maybe 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs???

Music to Mike Brown's ears. As long as the hype is high, he can dodge issues and save money. Joe Burrow was Mike Brown's golden ticket. I've never once said the kid wasn't talented, but I'd have rather moved down gotten more holes filled and had a bad season with no hype so that the focus would have stayed on how shitty this franchise is being run. Instead, there are people who honestly believe, with Burrow under center we are a DC or a RT away from competing, and that just isn't close to reality.

No one that pays any kind of attention to this team thinks that. It’s clear as day that we need to revamp the DL.

But it also depends on your definition of “competing.” A true Super Bowl contender? The division? Just making the playoffs?

Some of you are choosing to completely ignore that they just went out and spent 150 mil in FA. Which is obviously not business as usual for this franchise. Whether or not we’ll continue to see that kind of aggressiveness going forward we will have to wait and see.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like Burrow a lot, but this kind of stuff is over the top.

Ken Anderson led the league in passer rating 4 times and won an MVP.  He held the NFL single season completion percentage record for over 20 years.

Joe Burrow is currently 24th in the league in passer rating.  He might some day be as good as Anderson, but it is ridiculous to rank him higher than that right now.

Burrows arm is not that strong and he is not especially fast or elusive.  I will not criticize his mental acuity, but at the same time I have not seen anything really amazing that makes him look smarter than prior Bengal QBs.  He holds onto the ball too long and he has made some stupid passes.

Just to repeat.  I am not bashing Joe in any way.

I don't recall seeing in his post where he was talking about years of service and records that he's gonna break.

More like Joe's overall abilities is higher than any he has seen, that means physical and mental. 

Look we get it, you been calling him a 1 year wonder since before he was even drafted, and it's obvious you missed on him.

He's living up to the hype as a ROOKIE so kick back and enjoy watching him play. Now let's hope he gets better and gets a better TEAM around him offensively and Defensively and then we can think wins in Play offs
Reply/Quote
I was not a dalton lover I wanted joe burrow to come here bad. But I have had some doubts this season. I liked his play for the most part last game though , I like his game at times . But heres where I'm critical, theres other good QBs in the league that look fast and with cannons. Mahomes ,jackson even kyler Murray. Baker Mayfield was looking just as good as burrow throwing lasers to guys. In college burrow looked more like mahomes and Wentz or wilson,alluding rushers and making plays after evading them. I've seen him not be able to do that on the nfl level. He still gots it in his head that he can that's why you see strip sacks. But then again he does have nice pocket movement and will stand in there and deliver when the hit is coming. He does things dalton doesnt. But then again I think dalton actually threw short and intermediate throws faster then burrow.

I think I was wrong about him coming in here and being so good we would go to the playoffs. And I hope he keeps improving, I like that he yelled at a o lineman something dalton would never do either. Hope he doesnt have a sophomore slump and actually looks even better next year and we start winning games.
Reply/Quote
Is there anyone I could go to for a New 9 to 85 sig? Burrow to higgins theme?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 03:23 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I honesty have been stunned by the criticisms of Burrow expressed by a few people in a few threads.  

I do not pretend to be a football expert like several more knowledgeable people on this board.

But having been here since the beginning ( 1967) I have never previously seen a QB with this combination of physical and mental ability. Greg Cook comes the closest. 

The Brown family stumbled into this kid through blind luck. Are they going to blow this once in several generations opportunity?

Exhibit A- if this team does not significantly improve in the second half of season, why in the world would you give Taylor another year during Burrow's rookie contract as opposed to bringing in someone like Bill Cowher?

And while Cowher might not be interested, and some of you might name a better candidate, I promise you that a great coach on Cowher's level would die to bring a great staff to Cincinnati and to have a chance to lead a team with a QB like Burrow.

The offense is showing great signs of life, and even improved line play before all the injuries.  The defense needs a shit ton of help, though.  If things don't dramatically change (and with the current roster on D, I don't see how it does) soon, Lou may be the fall guy.  
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:34 AM)Tony Wrote: Is there anyone I could go to for a New 9 to 85 sig? Burrow to higgins theme?

Shoot Bengalholic a PM.

Reply/Quote

509          Att
345          Comp

67.8         Pct
3,836       Yards
7.5           Y/A
32            TDs
12            INT
101.1       Rating

Mahomes already had come to a very very good team, had the benefit if sitting a full year. and couldn't even read a playbook according to Peter King and a couple other NFL gurus when he arrived in KC. He was as much an ad lib QB as you could find.

Burrow can only be spoken about in the present and what he is doing is absolutely amazing based on the OL he was given, with zero real training camp, a horrific defense that creates pressure to score on every possession, no pre-season games, NO deep threat on this team, an uncanny ability to survey the field and the amount of 300 yard (400 yard ? ) games he's had all in less than half a season.
Reply/Quote