Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow is special
(09-27-2020, 09:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Why do people think Burrow will leave the Bengals? When was the last elite 1st contract QB to leave their franchise?

I’m not saying Burrow won’t play out his rookie contract in Cincinnati; he probably will. I’m saying without significant improvements he’s gone when it runs out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, Joe will be elite — but it won’t happen with the Bengals.

I don't buy that. We already have the weapons. All we need is the Oline. We've built fantastic Olines in the past. We just need to draft a Whitworth or even Levi Jones level player.
Reply/Quote
Burrow set a record last week, and another today:

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not saying Burrow won’t play out his rookie contract in Cincinnati; he probably will.  I’m saying without significant improvements he’s gone when it runs out.

But when has that actually happened in NFL history? 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not saying Burrow won’t play out his rookie contract in Cincinnati; he probably will. I’m saying without significant improvements he’s gone when it runs out.

Then there’s the franchise tag.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not saying Burrow won’t play out his rookie contract in Cincinnati; he probably will.  I’m saying without significant improvements he’s gone when it runs out.

The Bengals will never let this happen. With franchise tags they completely control this. 
Reply/Quote
Yep
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know Burrow is a young rookie, but the team cannot keep running 5 WR with this OL.  The hits and sacks is unacceptable at any level.  They need to have max protection schemes and just run Mixon.  This has reached the point after three games that winning is no longer a priority.  They have to protect their best QB prospect in years in Joe Burrow.

Max protect doesn't necessarily keep the QB from getting beat up.  It actually invites the D to bring the blitz by putting fewer guys out in the pattern, while 5 WR's backs them out of it or at least forces the defense to show it presnap.  It also gives the QB a better opportunity to run for positive yardage if the play breaks down.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is definitely a special QB. Its amazing how well he has done under the circumstances. Dude is running for his life but still outplaying everyone else on the field.

That being said, it needs fixed now. Turner needs replace now. Mid season I dont care this dude has to go. And the first thing this offseason, our OL players need replaced. Most of them, not just Hart, Johnson and Price. We need a new OL none of them are any good not even Williams, but he has the most potential of all of them so he can stay for now. There was pressure from both sides and up the middle today. The OL is getting worse, not better. You can see it in Burrow's face. He's not happy.
Reply/Quote
Start optimistic thread about rookie QB

Watch JN bytch
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If I am Burrow no way I am buying my Oline expensive Xmas presents this year. They don’t deserve it.
Reply/Quote
The shot he took today on the penalty can’t happen again, we almost lost him right there. 13 games left, I would consider sitting him at 0-7-1 till next year..... if he is still alive.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:29 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: If I am Burrow no way I am buying my Oline expensive Xmas presents this year. They don’t deserve it.

He should get them all blocks of Swiss cheese lol

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Why do people think Burrow will leave the Bengals? When was the last elite 1st contract QB to leave their franchise?

Because if this shit storm at OL isnt fixed, he will be hit so many times , lose more games then he ever imagined and get Bungalized into oblivion and become Carson Palmer V2.0
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The fact that Burrow has completed almost 65% of his passes, with only one pick and a rating of nearly 90...while having to throw 47 times a game, being sacked 14 times and hit 45 times, is just unreal...especially considering he's a damn rookie! The kid is more than just legit, he is incredibly special, IMO.

Can you imagine if he had an o-line that could actually protect him and a running game that was actually effective? 
As I watched the game today with my wife, we both said the sae thing. This guy is special.

Give him an OL and great TE he will be unreal.

He reminds of Trump, a winner and a leader. Some have it and he has it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He reminds of Trump, a winner and a leader. Some have it and he has it.

He also reminds me of Trump because he spends a lot of time complaining that the other team is cheating.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:33 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Because if this shit storm at OL isnt fixed, he will be hit so many times , lose more games then he ever imagined and get Bungalized into oblivion and become Carson Palmer V2.0

Maybe... but Carson was just a West Coast a******

Burrow seems different but whatever you think
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He also reminds me of Trump because he spends a lot of time complaining that the other team is cheating.

He does?

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He does?

Well, that and most people can't stand him. I'm also pretty sure Burrow filed for bankruptcy at halftime of this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As I watched the game today with my wife, we both said the sae thing. This guy is special.

Give him an OL and great TE he will be unreal.

He reminds of Trump, a winner and a leader. Some have it and he has it.

I was with you until the last line. Trump has a noodle arm and the mobility of a telephone booth.  Ninja
Reply/Quote