Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow knee injury may have saved Zac
(12-14-2020, 01:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I will be elated if Taylor is fired. It would bring a lot of my interest back...although I've watched every game, I'm kind of numb to the team.

IF he's fired, I'd probably try go to some games next year and be more excited about the season.

That said, I expect them to keep him and waste Burrows rookie deal on him.

This organization has five years to convince Burrow to stay long-term.

They keep Zac Taylor and they've already wasted two of them.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I think Zac will be fired.

I know we want to complain about this FO and their handicap but they’ve been trying to do the right thing... just highly ineffective at it.

1. We wanted them to draft O-lineman, they have, but they just haven’t hit for whatever reason.

2. We wanted them to move on from Lewis... they did, by just hired a bum.

3. We wanted them to make a bigger splash then normal in free agency.. they did, but they all got injured

4. We wanted them to address the LB issues... they did, but it needs more time.

I feel the FO is trying but falling flat on their face. This encourages me to think they will fire ZT... BUT, prob fall on their face with the next hiring ugh.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That description of Joes knee really reflects the reality we are facing.

A mess. We are knee deep in one. Pun intended. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think Zac will be fired.

I know we want to complain about this FO and their handicap but they’ve been trying to do the right thing... just highly ineffective at it.

1. We wanted them to draft O-lineman, they have, but they just haven’t hit for whatever reason.

2. We wanted them to move on from Lewis... they did, by just hired a bum.

3. We wanted them to make a bigger splash then normal in free agency.. they did, but they all got injured

4. We wanted them to address the LB issues... they did, but it needs more time.

I feel the FO is trying but falling flat on their face. This encourages me to think they will fire ZT... BUT, prob fall on their face with the next hiring ugh.

Exactly why firing Zac and not Tobin does nothing really. Tobin is to blame for all you listed. He's a (not the) common denominator when assessing the collapse into this lost decade sequel. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 02:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Exactly why firing Zac and not Tobin does nothing really. Tobin is to blame for all you listed. He's a (not the) common denominator when assessing the collapse into this lost decade sequel. 

I saw an old article how the Bengals switched to digital scouting in 2015 (the Ced and Fisher draft). Our drafts have been pretty terrible since then except for the obvious picks like Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Doesnt getting 2 number one picks (or tope 3) in a row (seasons) get pretty pricy for the owner???
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:17 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Doesnt getting 2 number one picks (or tope 3) in a row (seasons) get pretty pricy for the owner???

Not now that contracts are slotted. Burrow's contract averages $9 million a year.

Under the old system, they'd be paying him like $20 million+  a year. Then, if that QB was a bust, your cap was messed up.
Reply/Quote
I said this several times before, injury to Burrow is an excuse that will not fly this year. The heat is on Taylor and FO for change and I believe the performance the last two games has ended Taylor's career here in Cincinnati. It is over for him as HC. He knows it. But I have been wrong before.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I said this several times before, injury to Burrow is an excuse that will not fly this year.  The heat is on Taylor and FO for change and I believe the performance the last two games has ended Taylor's career here in Cincinnati.  It is over for him as HC.  He knows it.  But I have been wrong before.

I really hope so.

The media seems to be cranking up the pressure on Taylor and I feel like he feels it too.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I really hope so.

The media seems to be cranking up the pressure on Taylor and I feel like he feels it too.

I think the nail in the coffin for Taylor was when he benched not only the team leader, but the "face" of what a Bengal player should be, in Gio, who lost the ball yes, but after 830 carries?  Are you kidding me?

Bad decisions by a coach can sometimes be hidden in the fog of war.  But the Benching of Gio Bernard was for all to see.  Big mistake by the young coach.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the nail in the coffin for Taylor was when he benched not only the team leader, but the "face" of what a Bengal player should be, in Gio, who lost the ball yes, but after 830 carries?  Are you kidding me?

Bad decisions by a coach can sometimes be hidden in the cloud of war.  But the Benching of Gio Bernard was for all to see.  Big mistake by the young coach.  

I agree. When it happened I told my wife that he was making a big mistake. That’s a respected vet who does everything right and you bench him for his first fumble in 8 years. That is not how you treat a team captain.

One positive from Burrow being out is that now they will be able to draft the LT they need and address the big issue that the FO was too dumb to fix.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the nail in the coffin for Taylor was when he benched not only the team leader, but the "face" of what a Bengal player should be, in Gio, who lost the ball yes, but after 830 carries?  Are you kidding me?

Bad decisions by a coach can sometimes be hidden in the cloud of war.  But the Benching of Gio Bernard was for all to see.  Big mistake by the young coach.  

Taylor keeps hitting low after low.

For 1.5 years we'd hear him defend the offensive line and Turner in press conferences talking about how they were playing better too.

A lot of what he says is just nonsense and not based in reality.
Reply/Quote
I feel like this fan has made me reconsider my stance on Zac based on sound logic. We need to keep him 1 more year. Maybe 2.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:17 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Doesnt getting 2 number one picks (or tope 3) in a row (seasons) get pretty pricy for the owner???

Not anymore.  The rookie contracts are team friendly for first contracts.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Firing Taylor, hiring an inexperienced or cheap to get coach combined with second rate assistants and continuing their current player evaluation process will do nothing to move this team forward.

How much more proof does the family need to have to understand that their player evaluations process stinks and that they need to hire an experienced NFL GM to steer the ship and to recruit a coaching staff worthy of Burrow.

How much more evidence do they need to understand that they do not know what they are doing, are massively over their head, and need help.

There is no other company in private business, no college football program, and no pro sports franchise in any sport that would not completely clean house in all aspects of firm management , player evaluation, and coaching.

However, keeping Taylor for another year might be in the family's best financial interests if they want to manufacture a case for moving out of Cincinnati in  few years.

They will literally have no fan base and no political support for improvements to stadium if Taylor returns and the team's performance continues to tank- as it will.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:54 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Firing Taylor, hiring an inexperienced or cheap to get coach combined with second rate assistants and continuing their current player evaluation process will do nothing to move this team forward.

How much more proof does the family need to have to understand that their player evaluations process stinks and that they need to hire an experienced NFL GM to steer the ship and to recruit a coaching staff worthy of Burrow.

How much more evidence do they need to understand that they do not know what they are doing, are massively over their head, and need help.

There is no other company in private business, no college football program, and no pro sports franchise in any sport that would not completely clean house in all aspects of firm management , player evaluation, and coaching.

However, keeping Taylor for another year might be in the family's best financial interests if they want to manufacture a case for moving out of Cincinnati in  few years.

They will literally have no fan base and no political support for improvements to stadium if Taylor returns and the team's performance continues to tank- as it will.

Yep. They seem to have trouble admitting they were wrong though.

On a positive, this was Katie, Duke, and Troy's hire...so they may fire him. MB hires generally got ample time...except maybe Lebeau.
Reply/Quote