Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow lately
(11-22-2021, 03:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

He said Joe Burrow not Sam Darnold.  Tongue

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the number of interceptions is just making him a little more cautious about throwing it up and expecting his guy to come down with it. It will work itself out.
Reply/Quote
Only thing that concerns me about JB at the moment is his wardrobe choices. I'm only partially joking.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kinda sounds like a Joe Burrow-hosted talk show.

[Image: R.114dc18a7eff93bf1b482479242bab8c?rik=S...ImgRaw&r=0]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: Burrow IS off a bit. His accuracy is not where it should be and he is back to holding the ball and not moving in or climbing the pocket. He was pedestrian against the Raiders and on most of his drop backs had plenty of time to find targets. Fortunately the rest of the offensive effort was adequate to the task.

The WR issue is mostly schematic. Good OCs scheme their receivers open by using formations and routes and pull the defense in desired directions and create gaps for receivers to get into. The Patriots made a science out of this while winning five Super Bowls.

Yeah I definitely thought something was off with the passing game yesterday. I was talking with a co-worker a couple weeks ago and he's not a Bengals fan and he mentioned how Burrow gets a little antsy in the pocket a little early sometimes. I noticed this a couple times yesterday and on one play in particular he was bobbing and weaving and I was screaming to keep his eyes down field. But on replay it looked like good coverage. At least from watching people break down film of Burrow one of his best attributes is his ability to read his keys and diagnose the play and where to go with the ball quickly. So all that being said I wonder if he gets a little panicky sometimes because he knows quickly that the play is going to work. Which makes me think its the plays and or routes we're having the WR's run. I think this WR group we have should not be blanket covered very often. I don't know what the fix is but we need to be getting Burrow easy passes in the beginning of games to get him in a rhythm. Really why I've been saying we need to get Boyd going early in games.
Reply/Quote