Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Burrow looked like Burrow
Not just the impressive stat line. 78% completion on 46 dropbacks, 3 TDs 315 yards, only INT was a play that arguably should have been a defensive penalty. But he looked more confident and aggressive, actually moved in the pocket and scrambled for yards and downs. And his accuracy was much improved probably because he was actually stepping into throws.

He was fun to watch today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: Not just the impressive stat line. 78% completion on 46 dropbacks, 3 TDs 315 yards, only INT was a play that arguably should have been a defensive penalty. But he looked more confident and aggressive, actually moved in the pocket and scrambled for yards and downs. And his accuracy was much improved probably because he was actually stepping into throws.

Yeah. I've been reading some posts on thebengalsboard.com and there were some people who knew that as soon as Burrow was able to move like he was used to moving, since he had a calf injury, they would start looking like we were used to seeing the last couple years. 

Some other people had different ideas but i didn't necessarily agree with them...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Some fans went as far as saying that Burrow forgot how to play football after getting paid. After this game it became clear that the calf was the main issue behind the struggles our offence was facing. Today we watched Burrow escaping pressure and buying time to get Chase open, lot of positive plays we watched would have resulted in a sack last week.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Burrow gets MVP after all if he plays like this the rest of the season.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
We all knew Burrow would return to form, however I question the need for Tee, I really like him, he’s a solid guy, but a lot of people want to compare Burrow to Brady, or burrow to other QBs that are HOFers, and practically every one of them made their receivers great, or only had 1 stud receiver. At our current point in really think of we could trade Tee we are really lacking on defense, the last two years our D was good enough to win, but this season I don’t think it is, the pieces we lost were to significant, and go ahead and hang me, but I don’t love Lou, I think he is very overrated as a D coach. His packages don’t impress me.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: Not just the impressive stat line. 78% completion on 46 dropbacks, 3 TDs 315 yards, only INT was a play that arguably should have been a defensive penalty. But he looked more confident and aggressive, actually moved in the pocket and scrambled for yards and downs. And his accuracy was much improved probably because he was actually stepping into throws.

Maybe some should stop and take a breath instead of acting the like the world is collapsing every time something bad happens. We aren't going to win every game, every play they call we aren't going to score. Zac and the rest of the coaches haven't forgot how to coach. Our vets haven't forgot how to play either.
Reply/Quote
Glad to see us solidly beat a team and obviously Burrow looked worlds better and I’m not even a pessimistic one, but I would temper my expectations as the Cardinals were the team I expected to be the worst in the NFL (although they have certainly played much harder than anyone expected).
Reply/Quote
I mean I'm sure he's feeling better. He's also learning to play with it to some extent. But I also think he needed to get out of his own head a little bit. The calf probably freaked him the hell out (especially after what happened to A-Rod) and he started to favor it, didn't want to make it worse didn't want to make it worse didn't want to make it worse, etc. But I think it got to a point where he realized he needed to sht or get off the pot. Playing like a statue isn't safe either.

I say that because A) it's common sense but B) it's not the first time. It took him a while to firmly plant and move after the knee was "healed". Same thing with the appendix. Recovery is often a mental process as much as it is a physical one, and I reckon that's certainly the case with him.
Reply/Quote
Was clear to me that the team's slow start was all about the calf. Yes Burrow didn't always pick the right throw, yes the defence weren't always playing at their best etc. But as soon as Joe Burrow can QB again, we become a team that can on its day be as dangerous as the last two years. He didn't un-learn how to play QB overnight. He looks like he's taken a big step with his calf, fingers crossed it keeps on that path.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 02:19 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe some should stop and take a breath instead of acting the like the world is collapsing every time something bad happens. We aren't going to win every game, every play they call we aren't going to score. Zac and the rest of the coaches haven't forgot how to coach. Our vets haven't forgot how to play either.

always chastising other fans lol.

we did beat a 1-3 team, great win; let's see what we do against the niners.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 06:18 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: always chastising other fans lol.

we did beat a 1-3 team, great win; let's see what we do against the niners.  Ninja

Why are you talking about the 49ers?  The next game is vs the Seahawks.
Reply/Quote

That was the Joe we're accustomed to seeing. The scrambling was great, and he had a few very nice runs. He was insanely accurate for the most part too. He had a few balls miss the mark, but otherwise, it was a stellar performance.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We all knew he sucked because he was injured. Good to have him back.

Get through next week healthy, then hit the bye and you have about 3 weeks to rest and recover.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Great win by the Bengals!

The Cardinals are not a good defense though and their pass rush isn't good. This was a good 'get healthy' game.

He did seem way more mobile, so I'm sure his health helped too.
Reply/Quote

Indeed.

Burrow said earlier in the week he felt fully back and I said I'll believe it when I see it.
Well, I saw it, and I believe it.
He moved much better, he was planting his leg to drive the ball, didn't seem super worried about taking a hit.

And the offense looked way better, even without Higgins.
Well, other than pass blocking.
Run defense also needs to tighten up. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He looked a lot better. We exploited their weak pass defense with one of the best receivers in the league. I hope that he continues to get healthy and improve his play every week. I'm just not super confident just yet. We'll see how much healthier he is in the next few weeks when we play better teams
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 06:18 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:
always chastising other fans
lol.

And it's always the same "fans" who need it.
Reply/Quote
I believe that's the first time I saw Joseph Lee Burrow jump dead in another players arse on the field for blowing a play. He definitely was not happy with Trayveon
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. I've been reading some posts on thebengalsboard.com and there were some people who knew that as soon as Burrow was able to move like he was used to moving, since he had a calf injury, they would start looking like we were used to seeing the last couple years. 

Some other people had different ideas but i didn't necessarily agree with them...

Talk about putting it mildly lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:43 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote: We all knew Burrow would return to form, 

Not all of us. There was 1 dude who claimed Burrow was 'ruined' and his window had closed. Also claimed that the reason was not Burrow's calf but the beatings he took behind bad offensive lines.

I won't call him out 'cause I'm a nice guy (plus it may be against the CoC) but he knows who he is.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote