Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Burrow missed a lot of throws today
I’m re-watching the game and just in the first drive Burrow missed three throws—one a wide open td to chase.

Give him a week to digest the coverage/ defense and I think he has a great game next week.

A play fake to Hurst and td to a wide open chase should be implemented next week.

Use more motion. Etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And mix in the run more too. Get back to that off balance game out of shotgun where you don’t know if it’s a run or pass.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:06 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’m re-watching the game and just in the first drive Burrow missed three throws—one a wide open td to chase.

Give him a week to digest the coverage/ defense and I think he has a great game next week.

A play fake to Hurst and td to a wide open chase should be implemented next week.

Use more motion. Etc.

Yep. One to Highins later. Chase drops a TD later. Higgins a bomb. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. One to Highins later. Chase drops a TD later. Higgins a bomb. 

I just don’t see them leaving this many plays out there again.
Reply/Quote
I’d rather him be off today than next week
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:10 PM)Garrus Wrote: I’d rather him be off today than next week

Agreed. Get the rust off today to crush it next week.
Reply/Quote
Yes he and Zac were not good today
Hopefully Burrow rebounds and they got this out of their system this week

Ugly win is always better than a loss
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:06 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’m re-watching the game and just in the first drive Burrow missed three throws—one a wide open td to chase.

Use more motion. Etc.

Bengals don't jet motion aka getting guys running st the snap. They motion and reset to see coverages. The Bengals don't run play action, they don't run a ton of screens, and they are about top half of the league in RPOs.

The Bengals offense is fairly simple but hard to stop because of the QB and Receivers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Two lost TDs because of the QB. It’ll happen every now and then, even by the best in the league.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I thought Joe, Jamar and Tee all had off days.

They need to play better next week. I am hopeful is was from a hangover going through an up and down week and seeing a player almost die.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Would you say there was more pressure on Burrow than normal? I think he was only sacked once but he was hurried a bunch of times.

Reply/Quote
Yeah our WRs were off too. Burrow missed at least 2 wide open TDs. Chase was wide open on that Hurst redzone pass too. He can't get them all but his accuracy looked different today, but our WRs were dropping shit too. All things considered, may not have been focused 100%. Definitely a weird Asterix on this season right now, so much momentum and we don't even feel right after winning a game lol
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:17 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Would you say there was more pressure on Burrow than normal? I think he was only sacked once but I he was hurried a bunch of times.

Yeah he looked like he was taking heat, like early season heat, not winning streak heat lol
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:17 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Would you say there was more pressure on Burrow than normal? I think he was only sacked once but I he was hurried a bunch of times.

He was. His evasion today was elite. Ppl are just hyper criticizing Burrow today. He had good throws, bad throws. He was a positive though.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
He was terrible today. Even threw it away ala Dalton on fourth down.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals don't jet motion aka getting guys running st the snap. They motion and reset to see coverages. The Bengals don't run play action, they don't run a ton of screens, and they are about top half of the league in RPOs.

The Bengals offense is fairly simple but hard to stop because of the QB and Receivers.

My only point was if you don’t know what defense it is, Joe could motion a receiver to find out. If he’s having trouble identifying the defense.

I think the issue is more in terms of timely drops and missed throws.

Update: Missed a td throw to higgens on drive 3 but made up for it with one to chase.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:21 PM)Housh Wrote: He was. His evasion today was elite. Ppl are just hyper criticizing Burrow today. He had good throws, bad throws. He was a positive

Yep. He was a little off today, but he made some spectacular plays to avoid the rush a couple times. And the fumble was a ridiculous non-call on the face mask. I watched Trevor Lawrence have a handful of much worse misses to open guys last night, and just like Burrow he had been playing as well as anyone in the league.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:21 PM)Housh Wrote: He was. His evasion today was elite. Ppl are just hyper criticizing Burrow today. He had good throws, bad throws. He was a positive though.

He definitely wasn’t bad. He just missed some throws that could have resulted in more touchdowns/points. But there were drops as well. And dropped pick sixes on defense as well.

This game should have been a blowout. That’s my point.
You capitalize on the plays out there and develop a sophisticated attack for the ravens defense and you win that rematch.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:25 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: He was terrible today. Even threw it away ala Dalton on fourth down.

Terrible is a bit much. I’d go with a little “off.” Still, he should have had multiple TD’s (Chase drop), and 0 turnovers against a defense that has been playing lights out recently.

Reply/Quote

That definitely played a part—hurried inaccurate throws.

The ravens defense is good. But exposure to it will make the bengals better after reviewing tape of missed opportunities.
Reply/Quote