At least JB gets a shout out
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: According to Shaq:

Shaq is a dork.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
One could argue former Bengal Tommy Casanova holds that distinction.
Reply/Quote
Happy Gilmore accomplished that feat no more then an hour ago
Reply/Quote
He's actually being modest. Shaq was unstoppable at his peak.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking the obvious answer to "best LSU athlete" is Olivia Dunne.

Twitch
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 08:33 PM)jason Wrote: He's actually being modest. Shaq was unstoppable at his peak.

No he's not. To suggest he's being modest means he thinks he's the best LSU athlete/ 

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No he's not. To suggest he's being modest means he thinks he's the best LSU athlete/ 

I mean if we're just talking college MAYBE he's not... But he's a 4 time champion, a gold medalist, MVP, finals MVP, a scoring champion, and a Hall of Famer. Nobody that's come out of that school is touching that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 08:33 PM)jason Wrote: He's actually being modest. Shaq was unstoppable at his peak.

I miss Shaq soooo much. I miss the big guys that didn’t shoot jumpers and took pride in manhandling other centers. If i could do a fantasy draft and LeBron was gone Shaq would be my all time guy to start a team with.

Him and four 36 year old Kyle Korvers could probably win 35 games.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 02:14 AM)Housh Wrote: I miss Shaq soooo much. I miss the big guys that didn’t shoot jumpers and took pride in manhandling other centers. If i could do a fantasy draft and LeBron was gone Shaq would be my all time guy to start a team with.

Him and four 36 year old Kyle Korvers could probably win 35 games.

[Image: 300px-And_I_Took_That_Personally.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: According to Shaq:

Simp...
Ninja
Reply/Quote

As long as he wasn't put at the foul line. That was his Kryptonite.
Reply/Quote

Hm, I know nothing about basketball, but even I knew that he could be somewhat stopped by fouling him.
Reply/Quote
I didn't listen but there could be an argument made for Pistol Pete Maravich too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 11:52 PM)jason Wrote: I mean if we're just talking college MAYBE he's not... But he's a 4 time champion, a gold medalist, MVP, finals MVP, a scoring champion, and a Hall of Famer. Nobody that's come out of that school is touching that.

At the time of Y.A. Title's retirement, he held the following NFL records:

Career passing yards (28,339)
Career passing touchdowns (212)
Career pass attempts (3,817)
Career pass completions (2,118)
Passing touchdowns in a season (36)
Passing touchdowns in a game (7) Still a record
Career total offense (29,338)
Games played (176)

He won NFL MVP at age 37. He was a 3 times All-Pro and 7 times Pro Bowl. He was elected to the NFL HOF in 1971

Lolo Jones has held numerous world records and is a World Champion in both The Summer and Winter games

Armand Duplantis is the reigning Male World Athlete of the Year and is the greatest pole vaulter to ever live.

Reply/Quote
I don't follow women's basketball closely enough to have the context but if he means "runs faster, jumps higher" when he says "athlete," especially if he means relative to other people in their sport, I could see it being the case.

If he means "in the context of their sport, being able to perform the tasks of your position" when he says athlete, I have more doubts. Burrow had the most prolific season as a passer in college football history. I doubt Reese broke records that may never be broken at their level of competition like Burrow did (although maybe she did, like I said I don't follow women's basketball). So it all depends on context.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 02:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 300px-And_I_Took_That_Personally.jpg]

MJ is the only correct answer for first player taken to start an NBA team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 02:14 AM)Housh Wrote:  If i could do a fantasy draft and LeBron was gone Shaq would be my all time guy to start a team with.

(04-16-2023, 02:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 300px-And_I_Took_That_Personally.jpg]

(04-16-2023, 10:51 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: MJ is the only correct answer for first player taken to start an NBA team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: wilt-chamberlain-100-points-ap.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 10:02 AM)pally Wrote: I didn't listen but there could be an argument made for Pistol Pete Maravich too

I can say that I saw Pistol Pete in person as Atlanta Hawks played Cincinnati Royals in 1971.  My first NBA game and I had seen college and high school ball, but NBA is a million times faster up and down the court.  Pistol Pete could be running at full speed like track star, and stop on a dime and be up for a jump shot and I don't know how you do that, and then nothing but net as ball goes in from almost half court.  Pistol Pete score over 40 that night.  So did Royals Nate Archibald.  I saw two great hoops players that night.  Nate The Skate was so fast driving to the hoop past everybody like they were standing still.  That's the amazing thing, running as fast as a track star combined with shooting on the fly like that and making so many like Pistol Pete.  

But as a Cincinnati Bengals Fan, I'm impressed with a Super Bowl followed up with an AFC Championship Game.  The Bengals have never had winning like this before, so Burrow and Chase are tops as far as I'm concerned.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
maybe not the best athletes but my favorites from LSU are

Whitworth, Burrow, and Chase.

Hoping La'el Collins enters the mix but not counting on it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote