Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow on Zac's offensive philosophy
I love this...

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 01:24 PM)pally Wrote: I love this...

Curious how that philosophy changes if an injury happens to Chase or Higgins.
No other receiver on the roster is a deep threat.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 01:24 PM)pally Wrote: I love this...

well should work better with an OL  
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Curious how that philosophy changes if an injury happens to Chase or Higgins.

It doesn’t, the true philosophy at least. Unless you thought Burrow was being serious with his answer.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 02:29 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: It doesn’t, the true philosophy at least. Unless you thought Burrow was being serious with his answer.

I'm just going off what the quote was.
Did he say it in jest?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 02:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm just going off what the quote was.
Did he say it in jest?

yes and no....He said it in an innocent child like manner but with a glint in his eye and a smirking smile at the end.  So yes it was a bit of a joke in how he said it but he was serious in what he meant.  Kind of in the same way he said "f*** it Ja'Marr is down there somewhere"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Curious how that philosophy changes if an injury happens to Chase or Higgins.

Not necessarily. If both are out then, yes, but you still have the other deep established WR which almost all teams would love to have 2 of. More importantly, with a better and more efficient run game, JB and ZT can make far better use of the passing game as opponents may have to creep up a S to the LOS more with a far better threat of successfully running the ball. Play-action,imo, will be a much better weapon this season than in any other year. Opponents having to play another defender in the box takes a defender away from doubling either WR and from being able to play a deep centerfield.

My favorite attribute when they drafted Chase was the opponents would finally have to defend the entire secondary when playing the Bengals. AJ Green was just a shell of himself his last couple years with injuries, etc. and Cinci literally had ZERO deep threats.
Reply/Quote
Burrow has the right idea.Maybe it’s more of a hint at what he would really like to do instead of over using Mixon.Which is what they did last year,especially in postseason play,including the SB.With the improved OL,hopefully what he said will be the new identity of this Offense.
Reply/Quote
He has 4 proven horses to throw to, but horses don’t have hands, so not sure about his analogy.

Mixon ought to get some throws this year. Hurst will be interesting in this offense too. I love the miss match a TE can enjoy.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 06:22 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Burrow has the right idea.Maybe it’s more of a hint at what he would really like to do instead of over using Mixon.Which is what they did last year,especially in postseason play,including the SB.With the improved OL,hopefully what he said will be the new identity of this Offense.

I'm expecting (or hoping) Chris Evans gets some additional touches to better spell Mixon.
He definitely has the receiving ability.
It's unfortunate he's had such terrible rushing production in preseason, but a lot of that is from defenders getting to him behind the LOS.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 06:22 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Burrow has the right idea.Maybe it’s more of a hint at what he would really like to do instead of over using Mixon.Which is what they did last year,especially in postseason play,including the SB.With the improved OL,hopefully what he said will be the new identity of this Offense.

Actually he said in the red zone they should run Mixon with the new OL. I think they shift out of 11 personnel a lot and go to 00 personnel. That’s what Joe wants to do and good luck defending it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 06:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm expecting (or hoping) Chris Evans gets some additional touches to better spell Mixon.
He definitely has the receiving ability.
It's unfortunate he's had such terrible rushing production in preseason, but a lot of that is from defenders getting to him behind the LOS.

i think evans will get some touches on 3rd down but he has to show he has improved blocking since sometimes plays change and RB gets moved back for protection.  Also for running, he has good explosiveness on the edges from what Ive seen but his between the tackles is a bit lacking on short yardage.. Perine is better in the blocking and short yardage but i could see Evans getting a few more touches though especially if he approves it above areas as the season goes on. 
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 06:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Actually he said in the red zone they should run Mixon with the new OL. I think they shift out of 11 personnel a lot and go to 00 personnel. That’s what Joe wants to do and good luck defending it.

Same personnel can shift back and forth from 11 to 00 from down to down.
That will be fun to watch.
If they double team Chase that leaves 5 OL hats to 5 defender hats, no blitz.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 10:31 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Same personnel can shift back and forth from 11 to 00 from down to down.
That will be fun to watch.
If they double team Chase that leaves 5 OL hats to 5 defender hats, no blitz.

Exactly and Mixon has ridiculous hands and speed.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Boyd is no scrub. He is better in the slot but can play on outside he is a deep threat if Chase or Tee are hurt.
Reply/Quote