Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow on his scramble play
He said Taylor was screaming at him from the sideline to throw it away, and afterwards he gave Taylor a little wink. See the 5:58 mark:

https://youtu.be/_N9f7jg_Y6g

Haha I love it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He said Taylor was screaming at him from the sideline to throw it away, and afterwards he gave Taylor a little wink. See the 5:58 mark:

https://youtu.be/_N9f7jg_Y6g

Haha I love it.

Taylor was right though. Play resulted in a penalty. 
Reply/Quote
Agree with Taylor. I was yelling for him to throw it away too. Seems he holds the ball too long on lost plays and takes sacks instead of just chucking it and getting onto the next play. He’s taken more sacks in those cases than made big plays, even if you count this one as a big play. Impressive by him on that play but he’ll need to learn to live to fight another day.
Reply/Quote
If Higgins hadn't gotten knocked out of bounds, that would've been a brilliant play. That said, he probably should've chucked it. He'll learn when to Chuck it and when to make a play the more experience he gets.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dalton made impromptu plays early in his career and by the end of his time here he was more than willing to throw the ball away and turned into an absolute coward

Stfu zac and let the play maker make plays
Reply/Quote
I saw the look he gave AJ after the play and knew exactly who he reminds me of, confidence wise.... Aaron Rogers. Same smirk.
Reply/Quote
'It will never be about momentum or positive experiences to me. It's about winning... There are no moral victories around here.' - Burrow on the tie.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:34 AM)whodey365 Wrote: Taylor was right though. Play resulted in a penalty. 

That’s was a rookie mistake by Higgins. If Tee stayed in, or Joe hits a different WR, that play is plastered all over the highlight packages this morning.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:58 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Agree with Taylor. I was yelling for him to throw it away too. Seems he holds the ball too long on lost plays and takes sacks instead of just chucking it and getting onto the next play. He’s taken more sacks in those cases than made big plays, even if you count this one as a big play. Impressive by him on that play but he’ll need to learn to live to fight another day.

Taking sacks are better than throwing INT’s. Which is what most rookie QB’s running for their lives would be doing.

He has ONE Int so far. On how many attempts? And even that was off a shovel pass. He’s mostly making very good decisions with the ball.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I saw the look he gave AJ after the play and knew exactly who he reminds me of, confidence wise.... Aaron Rogers. Same smirk.

I loved the look on AJ’s face as well.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'It will never be about momentum or positive experiences to me. It's about winning... There are no moral victories around here.' - Burrow on the tie.

How sad we're hoping this mindset will rub off on OUR FREAKIN' HEAD COACH!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I loved the look on AJ’s face as well.

Know what you mean; he was grinning ear to ear and saying something, then slapped his ass. He was hyped!

I will say though, in hindsight, it absolutely would've been the better play to throw it OB. But Gio-van came through big so it was a wash.

You WANT to see Burrow do that, as it is complete gamesmanship and the heart of a winner that allows one to make plays like that, but he's gotta pick his shots in these cases, as this did hurt us in the end.

Still, no complaints.

What gets me though is that in the Cowboys/Seahawks game, Wilson did the EXACT same thing (out of the pocket) and Olsen got pushed out, before re-establishing.

They called it Illegal Contact and the play was allowed to stand; bullshit.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I love his youthful passion. Hope the Bengals don’t drain him of it....both figuratively...and literally...in blood
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taking sacks are better than throwing INT’s. Which is what most rookie QB’s running for their lives would be doing.

He has ONE Int so far. On how many attempts? And even that was off a shovel pass. He’s mostly making very good decisions with the ball.

And throwing it away is better than taking sacks. Not bashing the kid, he’s been awesome so far (and the only reason to keep me watching this team). He can definitely use some improvement simply throwing it away from time to time instead of taking the sack (losing yards and taking the hit). I’ve seen several plays where he tries to do too much and gets sacked. Love the effort and never quit mentality but throwing it out of bounds is a better solution a lot of the time, especially behind this o line.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: And throwing it away is better than taking sacks. Not bashing the kid, he’s been awesome so far (and the only reason to keep me watching this team). He can definitely use some improvement simply throwing it away from time to time instead of taking the sack (losing yards and taking the hit). I’ve seen several plays where he tries to do too much and gets sacked. Love the effort and never quit mentality but throwing it out of bounds is a better solution a lot of the time, especially behind this o line.

Meh. I don’t want a game manager. I want a playmaker. Give me a Russell Wilson over an Alex Smith any day.

Reply/Quote
The right kind of swagger is a very good thing, love it.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meh. I don’t want a game manager. I want a playmaker. Give me a Russell Wilson over an Alex Smith any day.

Even Russell Wilson throws the ball away sometimes. Nobody’s saying he needs to go to Andy Dalton level of conservative throw aways, but there is a sweet medium that I hope he try’s to find
Reply/Quote
So now Burrow is amazing because he takes a bunch of avoidable sacks?

This is getting a little ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So now Burrow is amazing because he takes a bunch of avoidable sacks?

You must be fun to be around. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So now Burrow is amazing because he takes a bunch of avoidable sacks?

He didn’t take a sack on the play this thread is about. Try to keep up Freddie.

Reply/Quote