Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow on his scramble play
(09-28-2020, 04:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s was a rookie mistake by Higgins. If Tee stayed in, or Joe hits a different WR, that play is plastered all over the highlight packages this morning.

It's really not a mistake by Higgins, he got pushed out of bounds. The only thing he could have done after that is not catch the ball. I, for one, was not aware that evidently according to them once a QB leaves the pocket the CB's can push, shove or otherwise mug the WR at will and it is not Pass Interference. First time I've heard that....
Reply/Quote
Kid played the odds. Doing the opposite of what Taylor says is usually the smart move.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's really not a mistake by Higgins, he got pushed out of bounds. The only thing he could have done after that is not catch the ball. I, for one, was not aware that evidently according to them once a QB leaves the pocket the CB's can push, shove or otherwise mug the WR at will and it is not Pass Interference. First time I've heard that....

It’s a pretty stupid rule honestly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a pretty stupid rule honestly.

Well it's one our CB's need to be taking advantage of.....
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So now Burrow is amazing because he takes a bunch of avoidable sacks?

This is getting a little ridiculous.

What the hell are you even talking about..
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:31 PM)Tony Wrote: What the hell are you even talking about..

Eh, he’s jumping on me because I said sacks are better than INT’s. And he’s inferring Burrow should be throwing the ball away to prevent a bunch of these sacks.

I maintain I want a playmaker that will keep looking downfield and extend plays more than a safe game manager type. Will it result in some sacks that could have been avoided? Absolutely. Will it also result in some huge plays that help win games? Absolutely.

Big Ben has made a living doing it, and he’s going to be a first ballot HoFer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, he’s jumping on me because I said sacks are better than INT’s. And he’s inferring Burrow should be throwing the ball away to prevent a bunch of these sacks.

I maintain I want a playmaker that will keep looking downfield and extend plays more than a safe game manager type. Will it result in some sacks that could have been avoided? Absolutely. Will it also result in some huge plays that help win games? Absolutely.

Big Ben has made a living doing it, and he’s going to be a first ballot HoFer.

Agreed... sacks while not the most optimal situation you still get to keep the ball with a chance at getting a 1st down.  A pick can turn into 6 the other way and demoralizes your team 

I like the fact that Burrow is looking for the big play... he will get smarter and get the ball out. I've saw him grow in that area already.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's really not a mistake by Higgins, he got pushed out of bounds. The only thing he could have done after that is not catch the ball. I, for one, was not aware that evidently according to them once a QB leaves the pocket the CB's can push, shove or otherwise mug the WR at will and it is not Pass Interference. First time I've heard that....
Reply/Quote
That rule surprised me as well. I think it’s a pretty ridiculous rule myself.
Reply/Quote