Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burrow on the Madden cover
I keep seeing this rumor and saw a suposed picture of the cover. Anyone else seeing this?
Reply/Quote
No thanks. He was healthy for like five games last season. No reason for him to be there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I keep seeing this rumor and saw a suposed picture of the cover. Anyone else seeing this?

[Image: 9b62c103-6419-4c01-8ec8-cbd162f67131.jpg.webp]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think that is wishful thinking by some people. They aren't going to pick someone coming off an injury. I would be willing to place bets on someone like CJ Stroud being on the cover

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The script is in, boyos.

Madden cover, 5 primetime games after finishing last place, Super Bowl in Louisiana...

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 11:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No thanks. He was healthy for like five games last season. No reason for him to be there.

How have past players on the Madden cover performed? I don't play Madden, but was Brady or Mahomes ever on the cover?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How have past players on the Madden cover performed? I don't play Madden, but was Brady or Mahomes ever on the cover?

They both have and they were also both on the cover for Madden 2022.

Also here is a list of all player that have been on the cover since 2000 for anyone interested:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/madden-nfl-cover-athletes

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Meaningless - don't care.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 11:48 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The script is in, boyos.

Madden cover, 5 primetime games after finishing last place, Super Bowl in Louisiana...

This is an interesting perspective. Joe winning his first SB in Louisiana would be a hellova story. Might say we would have home field advantage in that one. He's just got to stay healthy, along with several others.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 01:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is an interesting perspective. Joe winning his first SB in Louisiana would be a hellova story. Might say we would have home field advantage in that one. He's just got to stay healthy, along with several others.

I like what you did there Cool 
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 01:19 PM)Stewy Wrote: Meaningless - don't care.

I’ve updated the log.

I think it would be cool. **** curses, Madden or otherwise. Joe B has already broken em.
Reply/Quote
I wasn't planning on buying Madden this year but may have too.

If Joe is on the cover it would be the first time a Bengals player was on a cover of a game since NFL Street with Chad Johnson.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 09:05 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’ve updated the log.

I think it would be cool. **** curses, Madden or otherwise. Joe B has already broken em.

Good lord. Isn't this fact. I remember our first playoff win in a bazillion years. And the second and third. Holy Geezus. The guy running through his yard with the flag resonated with me. I might have even teared up on that when I saw it. Not  sure. If I remember correctly, 2 games were won with a FG. It doesn't get any more dramatic than that. 

Joe has a no BS game. The stuff that rattles us, doesn't fear him. If this cat doesn't do anything further, he will still be one of the greatest Bengals in my heart. However, this is only the beginning. I love this road trip we are on. And until we run off the edge of the cliff like Thelma and Louis, it's going to be a fun ride.

Drink Up!
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 11:47 AM)pally Wrote: I think that is wishful thinking by some people. They aren't going to pick someone coming off an injury. I would be willing to place bets on someone like CJ Stroud being on the cover

I saw the short teaser last week and am on the McCaffery train.

The curse hasn't been a thing for 15ish years now, people need to get over it (wrote that on Twitter and someone refuted it with Peyton Hillis, not realising that Peyton Hillis was a career scrub that had 1 insane year).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Me every year since 2019: I'm done wasting money on this copy & paste, lazy football sim. Nothing the Bengals can do will make me ever buy this game again.

2020: draft Burrow (bought Madden)
2021: draft Chase (bought Madden)
2022: new Bengals uniforms (bought Madden)
2023: white helmets (duh..bought Madden )

Seriously...we all know what I'M gonna be doing if Burrow graces the cover. I gotta stop lying to myself.
Reply/Quote
I might have to upgrade, even though I never play Madden anymore.
Reply/Quote
Christian McCaffery is the Madden poster boy this year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
As I said Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 11:48 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The script is in, boyos.

i thought we were suppose to trade for Jefferson to reunite the LSU team
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 06:35 PM)Earendil Wrote: I might have to upgrade, even though I never play Madden anymore.

think the last madden i bought was 2011
Reply/Quote