Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow out Sunday
(01-05-2022, 02:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'll be in the GameDay thread.  That's a workout.  

Ya sitting there typing messages is hard...
Reply/Quote
Thank goodness.

Chase needs 11 yards or so to break Chad's yardage record. I'd let him get that. Maybe let Boyd see ifhe can have a guge game to get to 1,000. I'd want at least someof Allen's reps to come with Chase/Tee/Tyler in there. Just 8n case we need him in the pist-season for a drive or two.

But if anyone has a knock that extra rest can help, and are not getting screwed out if some kind of performance incentive by sitting, I sit them.

Jonah, Reader, Hubbard, Wilson, or Awuzie getting hurt would be a huge blow.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:49 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya sitting there typing messages is hard...

Reading some of them is really the difficult part.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This will be one of those sundays I won’t mind working if they make it mandatory. Browns will probably win behinds Chubb Kamara and a middle man handing them the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I figure he'd have to get a close contact test now, right?  There are literally videos of him hugging Mixon who just tested positive.  Or does testing simply not come into play at all unless the person displays symptoms or self reports?

Shit's confusing.  At some point, there's clearly been an outbreak within the locker room and if nothing else players should be tested to get them quarantined and away from healthy players ASAP.

The CDC suggests getting tested for COVID either 5 days after exposure or sooner if symptoms occur.
The reason for recommending to wait is that it can take a few days for COVID to manifest to the degree for a test to accurately detect it.
I've personally seen instances of people getting tested the same day they were exposed and it came back negative, only for them to get symptoms a few days later and testing positive.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think he offers a good reason for resting Burrow:

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:24 PM)Tony Wrote: Testing won't matter 1 bit if he gets it. What's it gonna help? If you got it , you got it. He only has to test if symptoms.. I'm not sure with the close contact, being he was handing the ball to Mixon... I found it odd that Burrow was on the sideline sitting next to Allen and Allen was masked up. Why even take the chance?

It's best to test positive sooner rather than later though. That leaves more time to get a negative test, and be cleared. I'm so damned tired if this. As I think we all are.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I dont want any of our 3 elite receivers playing any significant amount of snaps. Definitely dont want Boyd returning any punts this week
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:00 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I dont want any of our 3 elite receivers playing any significant amount of snaps. Definitely dont want Boyd returning any punts this week

I guess the coaches deciding what tools Allen has to work with is the next step. I wonder if we'll hear anything in the upcoming hours or days about guys like Chase, Higgins, and CJ playing or not.

Is Thad still hurt? It would be funny if he got significant playing time at TE with Allen instead of his LSU buddy Burrow.
Reply/Quote
So much for breaking that 33 year MVP drought.
Reply/Quote
I give Zac a hard time. Early in this process compared to Marvin it feels much more organized. I don't hate Marvin just pleased we have a more analytics based coach in these spots.
Reply/Quote
Since Allen is getting the start...

The NFL pundits talk about how players are evaluated for what they put on tape. Meaning, this is Allen's game for him to potentially secure another contract for the '22 - '23 season. This game is his taped audition for next season. The Bengals front office and coaching staff have a lot more to worry about in the present than next year's backup QB but I do wonder if a game like this eventually results in the Bengals keeping Allen around another season or using a later round draft pick to select another QB. Of course, they can always sign a veteran free agent to back up Burrow next year if they don't resign Allen or draft a backup QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Since Allen is getting the start...

The NFL pundits talk about how players are evaluated for what they put on tape. Meaning, this is Allen's game for him to potentially secure another contract for the '22 - '23 season. This game is his taped audition for next season. The Bengals front office and coaching staff have a lot more to worry about in the present than next year's backup QB but I do wonder if a game like this eventually results in the Bengals keeping Allen around another season or using a later round draft pick to select another QB. Of course, they can always sign a veteran free agent to back up Burrow next year if they don't resign Allen or draft a backup QB.

He was good against Texans last year and they still had the massage guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:59 PM)jason Wrote: It's best to test positive sooner rather than later though. That leaves more time to get a negative test, and be cleared. I'm so damned tired if this. As I think we all are.

I agree buddy...

This will be the end of it, I could see them dropping everything when the playoffs are here. Next year there won't be any protocols...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Since Allen is getting the start...

I hope BJ Hill gets a ton of snaps vs the Browns. We know he is a good interior pass rusher but with the Browns rushing offense it will be a great chance the evaluate that part of his game. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So much for breaking that 33 year MVP drought.

Look at the bigger picture.. MVP or Superbowl MVP.. I know which one I'd pick...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So much for breaking that 33 year MVP drought.

Burrow can easily win the Super Bowl MVP. Joe
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:29 PM)Tony Wrote: Look at the bigger picture.. MVP or Superbowl MVP.. I know which one I'd pick...

He could be both.  I guess I just have more swagger and confidence than the people who are relieved Burrow isn't on the field. 
Reply/Quote
Let’s go Brandon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Good.  The risk outweighs the potential benefit.

Also, if I'm the team I'm testing him every single day.  That way, I don't miss a beat if/when he tests positive.

I think you aren't required to test unless there are symptoms.  So I wouldn't test unless he's clearly showing symptoms 
Reply/Quote