Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow ranked 13?
(09-07-2020, 06:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Joe Burrow has 0 career interceptions, which is pretty incredible, you know?

The TD to interception ratio is a lil close for my liking at the moment.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 09:12 PM)jason Wrote: The TD to interception ratio is a lil close for my liking at the moment.

His ratio is so good you can't even define it! :)
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 09:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: His ratio is so good you can't even define it! :)

Heard tell that Joe Burrow is responsible for fans being allowed at 2 games for both the Browns and Bengals. He also saved a baby from drowning, and thwarted a huge data breech over the weekend... He's working tirelessly on fighting wildfires in California as we speak before running back to the Nati in the morning.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 08:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: yes but Dalton got Bengals to playoffs so he was more successful for sure

Murray won OROY, and put up pretty good numbers on a terrible team with barely any weapons outside of 37 year old Larry Fitzgerald.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 09:40 PM)jason Wrote: Heard tell that Joe Burrow is responsible for fans being allowed at 2 games for both the Browns and Bengals. He also saved a baby from drowning, and thwarted a huge data breech over the weekend... He's working tirelessly on fighting wildfires in California as we speak before running back to the Nati in the morning.

You heard wrong. 

He's biking. Even HE needs to rest his legs a bit every now and then. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 10:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You heard wrong. 

He's biking. Even HE needs to rest his legs a bit every now and then. 

Probably just doing that so he can stay and help fight fires a little longer out west before getting back to work in the morning... We got a good one I tell ya.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have mostly sucked since the 90's, but we do not ruin Quarterbacks. We've produced several franchise Quarterbacks in Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton.

Look at us since 2000

2000: Akili Smith (11) / Scott Mitchell (5) --> Okay our one bust but he was far from a sure thing.
2001: Jon Kitna (15) / Akili Smith (1)
2002: Jon Kitna (12) / Gus Frerotte (3) / Akili Smith (1)
2003: Jon Kitna (16) --> Hell we got 46 starts out of Jon Kitna of all people, though that led to
2004 - 2010: Carson Palmer (97) / Ryan Fitzpatrick (12) / Jon Kitna (3) --> Up and down 7 years but we got some great seasons out of Palmer despite his big knee injury which ruined probably his best year.
2011 - 2019: Andy Dalton (133) / Jeff Driskel (5) / Ryan Finley (3) --> I think Andy in a way over achieved especially when you see how many second round on QB's bust out of the league on a yearly basis. He's probably one of the better 2nd round drafted QB's ever.

I mean look at the Browns since 2000
Actually the hell with that, list is too long.
Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy, Brandon Wheedon, Johnny Manziel, Deshone Kizer*, Baker Mayfield (I swear he's on his way to becoming a bust just because of his attitude). And that's just a list of their draft flameouts.

Their best QB imo was Derek Anderson in 2007 and he's a career backup.

*Heck Kizer was so insignificant that I forgot about him
Reply/Quote
This preseason stuff is good discussion fodder, nothing more. Take it with a grain of salt. Particularly until if/when we get the OL where it should be.
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 07:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy Dalton's first 8 seasons or his one year in the Taylor offense?

It would not take much to look better than he did last year.  

This is a great question and point. They didn't elaborate any on what scheme or anything. Like, they have rarely attached conditions to the comments. And, I have to listen to that stuff with "Trust, but verify" in mind. Verify is coming up in a few days.

I listen to probably 6 different Bengals specific podcasts/shows that are done either daily, bi-weekly, or weekly. I have been doing so for years. The hosts of these shows are typically all local and are around the players/team and at practices as much as possible.

All of the long time local guys who have been covering the Bengals for years: Tony Pike (former NFL QB), James Rapien, Paul Dehner Jr, Jay Morrison, Richard Skinner, Dave Lapham (former Bengal Lineman), Dan Hoard have all said directly or eluded to Joe Burrow being already better than Dalton (some are more polite and carefully word their statements to not badmouth Dalton directly) with an immediate positive difference in talent and abilities both with his throws, adjustments, leadership, attitude & personality, etc.

Tony Pike, former UC star QB and NFL QB (2010-11 with Panthers & 2012 training camp with Bengals) has been incredibly complimentary of Burrow and has had no problem directly comparing Burrow to "what was on the roster previously" and said that Burrow has the team and offesne looking different and trending way up.

Now, does that = Joe Burrow not making mistakes or knowing everything Andy knew in terms of how to adjust? No, of course not. Anyone reading this has got to understand and accept that Joe Burrow will make rookie mistakes.

The other guys who haven't been around as much: Ben Baby & Tyler Dragon, for example, have also had only positive remarks in regards to how Burrow has looked like a vet, doesn't make the same mistake twice, calm under pressure or after mistakes, etc.

Is 13th too high? Right this second? Probably, sure. Is 13th too high 3/4 of the season through? I would have high hopes that's a realistic prediction.
Reply/Quote