Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's 5 least probable throws of 2021
From Bengals.com:

https://www.bengals.com/news/burrow-takes-bengals-qb-torch-to-set-fire-to-history

Scroll down a bit to see the video.

The announcers (one is a great call by the Immortal Kevin Harlan) talk about Burrow believing in his receivers to "go and get the ball", and while I absolutely believe this to be true, one of the things you will notice about Burrow is he will deliver a ball in to a VERY tight space if he sees the defender has his back turned to him. He knows that if he leads the WR, the defender will be dusted if he turns around. Darrelle Revis was one of the only defenders I have seen that could look back while running full speed and not miss a step.

Awesome highlights.

It is too bad Boyd's catch (I think he survived the ground and THEN the defender ripped it out) against the Rats was ruled incomplete, because the way Burrow navigated the pocket and threw that ball just before going across the LOS was a thing of beauty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When A J Green made amazing contested catches like Higgins does a lot of fans claimed "Dalton is nothing without Green".

I always felt both the QB and the WR deserve credit. Higgins is a beast.
Reply/Quote
Damn. Higgins could be in a closed phone booth and STILL be open.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When A J Green made amazing contested catches like Higgins does a lot of fans claimed "Dalton is nothing without Green".

Can you go one day without bringing up Dalton or Marvin?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From Bengals.com:

https://www.bengals.com/news/burrow-takes-bengals-qb-torch-to-set-fire-to-history

Scroll down a bit to see the video.

The announcers (one is a great call by the Immortal Kevin Harlan) talk about Burrow believing in his receivers to "go and get the ball", and while I absolutely believe this to be true, one of the things you will notice about Burrow is he will deliver a ball in to a VERY tight space if he sees the defender has his back turned to him.  He knows that if he leads the WR, the defender will be dusted if he turns around.   Darrelle Revis was one of the only defenders I have seen that could look back while running full speed and not miss a step.

Awesome highlights.  

It is too bad Boyd's catch (I think he survived the ground and THEN the defender ripped it out) against the Rats was ruled incomplete, because the way Burrow navigated the pocket and threw that ball just before going across the LOS was a thing of beauty.

This mentality works for Burrow because he can seemingly throw the football exactly where he wants. His accuracy and ability to place the ball where he wants it to go is a noted strength by many pundits when they discuss his game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When A J Green made amazing contested catches like Higgins does a lot of fans claimed "Dalton is nothing without Green".

I always felt both the QB and the WR deserve credit.  Higgins is a beast.

It's a fair opinion and when following a team by reading articles, watching player interviews, and the such one can often see QBs/WRs/TEs talking about the amount of reps and practice throws that take place to facilitate the amazing plays because knowledge and trust develops between the guy throwing the ball and the guy catching the ball. They instinctively know what the other is going to do because of all the practice.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can you go one day without bringing up Dalton or Marvin?

PTSD.  We all got it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can you go one day without bringing up Dalton or Marvin?

Yes I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking it. It felt like a tangent thought derailing the thread (although many of us are guilty of derailing threads with random side thoughts and conversations).
Reply/Quote

I was talking to a buddy about this. It isn’t often a top WR lands with a Top QB, and when that happens… that’s when you can have all time seasons.

Think about Randy moss and his career with Vikings, then raiders then patriots and think about those QBs.

That is why the future is so bright for chase and Higgins.

I loved green, and I think he was almost as talented As Julio… but different. If you flip flopped those two I think their careers would have been different and green ends up the statistically better WR, due to Matt ryan. If you put either of them with Brady, they would be in conversation of best all time.

Dalton was Kirk cousin, ryan Fitzpatrick, baker mayfield. Just good enough.
Reply/Quote

Andy Daltons jump balls to Green were deep shots he underthrew by 5 yards
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see the text messages between Burrow and Anderson.
Reply/Quote
I like the fact that mentor Teeggins is guiding the disciple Chase into greatness by leading by example. What a great season this has been.
Reply/Quote