Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's Debut
What is everyones thoughts about Burrow's debut? He really started turning it on towards the end of the game but he was disappointing for most of it. The whole offense was, but the missed throws to Ross and AJ really hurt. Still, very pleased on how he ended the game and he did what he should have. I am excited to watch him progress and grow, but this offensive line has to be taken care of. Speaking of, Jonah played well after a rough start, so that was a positive.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What is everyones thoughts about Burrow's debut? He really started turning it on towards the end of the game but he was disappointing for most of it. The whole offense was, but the missed throws to Ross and AJ really hurt. Still, very pleased on how he ended the game and he did what he should have. I am excited to watch him progress and grow, but this offensive line has to be taken care of. Speaking of, Jonah played well after a rough start, so that was a positive
Most of the game the offense was so vanilla at the end they had no choice but to let him play. Line was terrible, to many 3rd and long plays 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What is everyones thoughts about Burrow's debut? He really started turning it on towards the end of the game but he was disappointing for most of it. The whole offense was, but the missed throws to Ross and AJ really hurt. Still, very pleased on how he ended the game and he did what he should have. I am excited to watch him progress and grow, but this offensive line has to be taken care of. Speaking of, Jonah played well after a rough start, so that was a positive.

He played well considering what he had to deal with. No OL, and the worst coaching in the NFL. I feel like he'll be way better by the end of the year. Not having any kind of pre-season will hurt. He wasn't what everyone on this board was trying to act like he's going to be, but he def has potential. Not going to go too hard on the kid right away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mediocre running game, piss poor protection most of the game. Yet, Joe has his chances and messed them up. I give him a C+ for the entire game and a B+ for the final drive.
Reply/Quote
I was disappointed.. felt a strength in college was his ability to move in the pocket with pressure and see the field and great accuracy.. that was not there most of the game.. yes the line was bad 1st half that contributed to his poor play but in the 2nd half line played much better (no sacks, no penalties i believe and gave him more time and gave him chances to score but missed throws and a terrible INT really hurt and one drive at the end of the game can not overcome the subpar game..

Lets hope we see better on Thursday.. though Mayfield has way more pressure to perform Thursday.. hoping he continues to suck and Burrow improves on his mistakes in the 2nd game
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Mediocre running game, piss poor protection most of the game. Yet, Joe has his chances and messed them up. I give him a C+ for the entire game and a B+ for the final drive.

Final drive was wonderful, I loved how he took control and stayed calm. He put the team in a spot to win, even hitting a tough pass to win* the game. A few bad decisions and misfires can be corrected.
Reply/Quote
He looked like 2011 dalton out there. Mainly due to the o-line
Reply/Quote
I would certainly say I wasn’t impressed, but given the offensive line performance I wasn’t disappointed. It’s nice to see him end on a high note though. Marched us down the field with the game on the line and threw a OPI TD into the end zone. Burrow can’t do nothing about a missed FG. Honesty Burrow was hot so I think we should have given him one more throw with 7 seconds left. Why not? You’re the worst team from last year, no one expects a super bowl just take the shot.

Chargers might be bad but they got some really talent defensive linemen
Reply/Quote
I thought he made some nice throws and hit his guys in the hands for the most part. Not sure how i feel because he was Somewhat underwhelming until that last drive.

I’m not privy to tape but it looked like he missed a guy wide open once or twice too (not counting the two obvious ones). First game. Can’t rally take anything away because it really was a mixed bag. All in all he had them in position to win so I’d say he passed his first test ... well he didn’t fail I guess.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What is everyones thoughts about Burrow's debut? He really started turning it on towards the end of the game but he was disappointing for most of it. The whole offense was, but the missed throws to Ross and AJ really hurt. Still, very pleased on how he ended the game and he did what he should have. I am excited to watch him progress and grow, but this offensive line has to be taken care of. Speaking of, Jonah played well after a rough start, so that was a positive.

I honestly just think we saw why we drafted him with the final drive. Some people here are already down on Burrow and what the hell do you expect?? It’s his 1st game ever in the NFL with absolutely no preseason at ALL. He has never seen game speed like this and of course it showed. That last drive he showed the heart of a champion and the will to be a winner and I honestly could not be more excited. Make no doubts. He is a winner! I can’t remember seeing too many rookie QBs do something like that in their first game action ever. He is going to struggle (especially with this Oline) but make no doubts, we drafted the right QB
Reply/Quote
He will struggle all year with that bad O-Line.
Reply/Quote
Also to note he didn’t make too many huge mistakes considering he’s a rookie with no preseason. Well except the shovel pass interception, and those two near interceptions early on while he was trying to be Superman
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:55 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I would certainly say I wasn’t impressed, but given the offensive line performance I wasn’t disappointed. It’s nice to see him end on a high note though. Marched us down the field with the game on the line and threw a OPI TD into the end zone. Burrow can’t do nothing about a missed FG. Honesty Burrow was hot so I think we should have given him one more throw with 7 seconds left. Why not? You’re the worst team from last year, no one expects a super bowl just take the shot.

Chargers might be bad but they got some really talent defensive linemen

Agree with the "one more throw".  Going for the tie was a loser move and speaks volumes about the coach's lack of confidence to go for the win.
Reply/Quote
That pick was BAAAAD
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow never had a chance with this OL... how can a play develop in 1.2 seconds...thats when the DL was in the backfield..
Reply/Quote
I was very unimpressed until the final drive. He played very well in the last 3 minutes with no timeouts and 85 yards to go. He had some bad overthrows and had one of the worst interceptions you’ll see all year, but the o-line gave him almost no time to work with. Something is going to have to change there, or it’s going to be hard to look good at the position.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:05 PM)pally Wrote:
I know alot of people will complain about that that pick but I'm not one of them. Joe keep trying to make plays just be smarter about it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
As I said in the game day thread. He looked like a rookie QB making his first NFL start for last year's worst team.

The last drive was promising, but 1 drive doesn't make a QB. Hopefully he will keep improving on a couple errant throws and a couple bad decisions. I wasn't expecting greatness, but I was certainly hoping for more than today. Lets just hope this is Burrow's low point and there's only up to go from here.

66.1 QB Rating isn't going to cut it so really hoping for improvement. Finley had a 62.1 last year without AJ Green.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I actually thought Burrow played okay today. He played well enough to win which is all you can ask of your rookie QB. I was excited about drafting him, but I was able to keep it in perspective that he was a rookie and there would be growing pains. Missing the TD passes to Ross and Green, the bad pick, some bad decisions throwing the ball, but he'll learn from those things and improve. He was as advertised on that final drive. He put the team in position for the win or tie.

Ownership, coaching staff, and OLine really let him down today. I understand that the Chargers have a great DLine, but they were in the backfield all day. He had minimal time to throw for most of the game and the running game was impacted by the DLine waiting in the backfield as well. Then Randy missing that kick was unforgivable.

Joe is going to make some bad decisions. He's going to make some bad throws. That will never go away. I'm sure he will cut down on them, but it happens to the best of QBs. He'll learn and improve. I wish the same could be said for the front office and coaching staff.
Reply/Quote