Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's Debut
My biggest concern is keeping him protected and healthy. He orchestrated a nice drive under high pressure on the final series.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was the ONLY rookie QB starting for his team with no on field OTAs, mini camps or preseason games in a brand new system. I'd say to be able to run the team and have a chance to win is a damn good start.

I mean what were some people expecting, a 60 TD year like his senior year of college? Good grief.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:14 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: He was the ONLY rookie QB starting for his team with no on field OTAs, mini camps or preseason games in a brand new system.  I'd say to be able to run the team and have a chance to win is a damn good start.

I mean what were some people expecting, a 60 TD year like his senior year of college?  Good grief.

Absolutely correct and this can't be emphasized enough. Add in you're going against a very good D ranked into the upper 3rd of the NFL a season ago and as fine a DL as there is in the NFL and he was excellent. Missed AJ deep but made a fine pass to Ross who simply has no idea how to go up and catch or track a ball or how to reel a ball in and there's 7 points right there.

Terrible call on AJ as there are no-calls all day long on plays where WR's extend their arm far more than AJ did. More thyan being terrible it's just an inconsistent call thru-out games.
Reply/Quote
I don't care what anyone says about this kid. He played his heart out. He made one huge rookie mistake. He seen Ingram and shoveled the pass anyway. Move on. He knows there is no room for excuses. He's going to be great. If he had an o-line worth a damn we would've blew out the Chargers. Yes, the Chargers have an amazing pass rush. But our o-line is what we thought they were. At least most of us. Dogsh!t.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:22 AM)Takedown Wrote: But our o-line is what we thought they were. At least most of us. Dogsh!t.

Only thing I will say is they figured something out in the 2nd half, and that is after Sua' Filo went out too. I haven't gone back to watch the 22 to see what changed, but they definitely looked serviceable in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:22 AM)Takedown Wrote: I don't care what anyone says about this kid. He played his heart out. He made one huge rookie mistake. He seen Ingram and shoveled the pass anyway. Move on. He knows there is no room for excuses. He's going to be great. If he had an o-line worth a damn we would've blew out the Chargers. Yes, the Chargers have an amazing pass rush. But our o-line is what we thought they were. At least most of us. Dogsh!t.

I thought the o line itself improved as the game went on. Except for the freaking RT
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: Only thing I will say is they figured something out in the 2nd half, and that is after Sua' Filo went out too. I haven't gone back to watch the 22 to see what changed, but they definitely looked serviceable in the 2nd half.

XSF seemed to be struggling as bad as Hart. Idk if they changed something up in the 2nd half, or Price was really that much better (hard to believe). I’m interested how Hopkins and Jordan graded out. They both seemed to do ok.

Reply/Quote
He's not Superman ................yet.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I thought the o line itself improved as the game went on. Except for the freaking RT

They improved for sure. Hart is dogsh!t.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I believe that Joe burrow used shotgun instead of under the center in college. Looks like he's still adjusting in his timing with his receivers was off but overall the Bengals have found their superstar quarterback.

It seemed like his demeanor changed when the Bengals were in hurry up mode in the fourth quarter. He was slinging it on at last drive and completed what many believe was the game winning touchdown. I think he will improve from week to week and the Bengals will win some games this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
He did not look good, but it is all about perspective.

If we had seen a game like that from a veteran like Dalton we would be calling him total garbage, but since Joe had never played a single snap before against an NFL defense really trying to beat him up we all give him a pass. And that is the way it should be.

I am not going to pretend he looked good, but I am not going to panic either. Lets see how much he improves from game to game. That is what will tell us how good he might become.
Reply/Quote
Just heard ZT say that Burrow audibled into the run for the TD. Good stuff. He obviously had some bad moments, but between that and going 7/10 on the last drive, and putting us into a position to win the game, I’m extremely encouraged. He put that ball to AJ right on the money, if it counted and we win Burrow probably gets the game ball.

Reply/Quote